Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Coventry away post match 3-1 defeat

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

The reason why people don't want VAR is because they can get away with things with out it.

If VAR is in place it stops Refs cheating.

Palmer would of been sent off. 

Leicester wouldn't of had a penalty.

Fatawu would of been on a yellow card...

The refs and VAR have made some ridiculous decisions WITH the technology, it doesn’t stop the ‘cheating’ at all, they just reword the laws or say the ‘interpretation of the law’ means that’s why hes come to that decision. 

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Totally agree. It was a textbook 'going to plan' performance as could've possibly have been. In fact, even at  0-0 on 40 mins I was relishing the second half, such was the control we had

Exactly mate. I don't understand how people still don't see it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Yes.. because with 11 men we wouldnt have played the second half camped in our 18 yard box ffs

We didn’t set the world alight with the 11 men though, it feels like people was watching a first  half where we had 3000 shots on target with 300% possession 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

The reason why people don't want VAR is because they can get away with things with out it.

If VAR is in place it stops Refs cheating.

Palmer would of been sent off. 

Leicester wouldn't of had a penalty.

Fatawu would of been on a yellow card...

Palmer wouldn't have been sent off by VAR it doesn't get involved with second yellows

we would have had a penalty but their CB would have been sent off

VAR might have downgraded Fatawu's tackle but not sure

1 hour ago, Simonb said:

Well I watch all the games either at the kp or stream and that's my stance.

We played the usual way but with zero quality. Usually by about 20mins we feel our way in to the game and take over and look solid defensively 

I thought we looked sloppy all over the pitch.. more so than usual. I could see we was trying to play the usual way but wasn't on it.. but I felt that could be because they were more up for it 

Its done now anyway

It couldn't have been a more routine half. 

1 hour ago, ACF said:

Cov fans have had a lovely day out which really is nice for them, cup final win, probably finish it by shagging their sister. Will be nice for them to remember that they beat the 10 man team that are thriving in the Prem next year. 

No..we get them in the play-offs.

With 10 men we were always going to be up against it away against one of the league's form teams.

But I do think taking off Mavididi was where the battle was lost. Mavididi's pace and trickery would've been a fantastic outlet, potentially giving us a breather and allowing him to bring KDH into the game further up the pitch.

Plus his defensive work is often fantastic.

But, we live and learn. We were incredibly passive in that second half but on another day we could have turned half chances for Cannon and (I think) Casadei into goals and put the game beyond Coventry.

A response against Ipswich would be nice. We'll miss Fatawu for sure but it'll be interesting to see if Yunus or Kasey will get the nod and how they'll perform.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

It couldn't have been a more routine half. 

I agree with the routine but I think the quality was lacking and they were more up for it.   That's all.

Regardless.. I can't see them making the play offs. They're on a decent run but they aren't as good as Sunderland or West brom I don't think. 

Got talked up at full-time but they had an extra man for 45 minutes and we seemed to switch off/back off towards the end.

On to Ipswich at home now 

28 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

haven't you heard, its scenes of the future Vardy movie, his last act in football is scoring the goal that seals the league win and lifting the trophy as captain

You'd still get shorter odds on that than the original title win

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

The refs and VAR have made some ridiculous decisions WITH the technology, it doesn’t stop the ‘cheating’ at all, they just reword the laws or say the ‘interpretation of the law’ means that’s why hes come to that decision. 

Not a chance of either I those assumptions.As a penalty was awarded the Double Jeopardy Law does allow Thomas to be sent off,  in fact if the ref had dine so VAR would if benn forced to overturn it. Fatawa had both feet off the floor and had not chance of playing the ball, was completely out of control and so VAR would not have overturned. Didn't think the ref today was great, but he got those two decisions spot on.

• Like 2

On a side note has anyone else realised how much our success has made the rivalries so much bigger for the other teams now?

There's not a chance Coventry sell out like that if we hadn't won the Premier League/FA Cup and aren't the obvious big draw we now are. Similar to when Forest played us recently. It's definitely made them hate us more. As much as they deny it.

10 minutes ago, Joe90lcfc said:

We didn’t set the world alight with the 11 men though, it feels like people was watching a first  half where we had 3000 shots on target with 300% possession 

We never do in the first half. How many games this year have we won late in the second? We grind teams down. The red card changed the whole game

• Like 3

The other thing to say is this is probably one you give the guys.

Just say, ok, bad day, things didn’t go to plan and well played Coventry - and look to forget it.

However, that is on the condition we see a performance next Monday.

You could argue that we’ve been found wanting in the two biggest contests we’ve faced, today and Leeds at home.

The players and manager cannot allow that to happen a third time against Ipswich!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lcfcokay said:

Disappointing considering we kept them out well for the first 30 mins of the second half. What it shows is we really miss ndidi. Casadei is 50/50 whether he does something good, something bad, wins the ball, loses the ball etc. Need a number 8 brought in ASAP. Justin looked poor as did Mavididi ( really need some competition at LW), even with 11 men they were the better team. Need a big response against Ipswich. 

Ndidi isn’t really better..he also has let players go by or beat him..

Plus he is a lot more experience.

1 minute ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

And I got absolutely torn to pieces for saying I would take a draw.

that was torture.

we move on.

we win that game with a decent ref. hardly looked like world beaters in that first half, and we always come out better second half

I think with the fatawu challenge it would be one of those that VAR would have gone with whatever the onfield decision was. That said, with VAR the ref might not have been so quick to whip out the red and given a yellow knowing it would be at least looked at.