Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Coventry away post match 3-1 defeat

1 hour ago, Silva Fox said:

I wouldn't overly criticise him but I was surprised he didn't bring Hamza on at least 10 mins earlier than he did and maybe 1 or 2 others with fresher legs too.

Yes. We looked (understandably) very tired and a couple of earlier subs would have helped that. Cov did it, and they had 11 men.

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, urban fox said:

I think with the fatawu challenge it would be one of those that VAR would have gone with whatever the onfield decision was. That said, with VAR the ref might not have been so quick to whip out the red and given a yellow knowing it would be at least looked at.

VAR’s advising a red every time there.

Ref gets one look at it - and he couldn’t have been better placed.

VAR on the other hand watches it several times over and in slow-mo. 

That tackle isn’t suddenly looking any better.

If you’re instinct on seeing that live wasn’t “oh shit, he’s going there!” then you can’t have been watching much football for the past 3 seasons.

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

I like the look of Kasey Palmer, I think both him and O'Hare are out of contract in the summer so could be available cheap if Rudkin ever manages to sell someone

Kasey Palmer is a shit, temperamental show pony with a bad attitude.

Just the sort of player we definitely need.

1 minute ago, Jakemoore said:

Some of our fans are so ridiculous. 

We weren’t very good today even with 11 on the pitch. But we defended incredibly well for 35 minutes of the 50 we needed to. Sadly, we gave away a silly equaliser then they score with a wonderful strike and then the heads drop and the game is over. Enzo maybe could have made changes earlier but aside from that I’m not sure you can do much more against and 11 who are in really good form. 

Cov fans celebrating their greatest day in years. They’re a shit football club with naff all to look forward to. 

Put it behind yourselves, put your feet up and relax. We go again in 9 days and I’m backing us to take Ipswich apart. 

In a nutshell,

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

if you want to go down that line Hamza should have gone for a second yellow too so I'm inclined to be more generous over a potential second yellow

You need a first booking before you get a second one. 

• Haha 1

Mentality was all wrong when down to 10 men, doing the not allowed to attack and press thing just because a man down rarely works, and we will be up against this type of play week n in week out in the EPL, so hopefully Enzo learns from it and if we go down to 10 again, play as if we have 11.

Enzo isnt the first manager to panic with 10 men and he wont be the last, it seems to be a common trait from managers to just get rid of attacking outlets and pen in.  Which probably does more damage than losing the man in the first place.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Yeah he should have gone, how many fouls did he commit after receiving a yellow and the ref gave absolutely nothing 

And not only that, the foul he made when Enzo got booked stopped a potential counter attack. The ref was terrible. 

He was too quick to brandish the red for Fatawu. Looked like a red from where I was sat but after that he was so inconsistent with picky decisions. Enzo shook the Lino’s hand, completely blanked the referee and then shook the other Lino’s hand whilst telling the lads to go away, says it all from someone who generally is very level headed. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

VAR’s advising a red every time there.

Ref gets one look at it - and he couldn’t have been better placed.

VAR on the other hand watches it several times over and in slow-mo. 

That tackle isn’t suddenly looking any better.

If your instinct on seeing that live wasn’t “oh shit, he’s going there!” then you can’t have been watching much football for the past 3 seasons.

My brother in law said “the whole crowd went silence and you went “he’s off”.” Everyone in the ground knew it was a red straight away. It won’t get rescinded either. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bert said:

My brother in law said “the whole crowd went silence and you went “he’s off”.” Everyone in the ground knew it was a red straight away. It won’t get rescinded either. 

How about the pen?

I was sipping a pint so missed the first watch. 

When I saw the replay I was torn - could see why it was given, but when I played (including with you) that would have been ‘play on’ great tackle! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

How about the pen?

I was sipping a pint so missed the first watch. 

When I saw the replay I was torn - could see why it was given, but when I played (including with you) that would have been ‘play on’ great tackle! 

Didn’t think it was a penalty at all, it all happened so fast lol but looking back it’s a penalty and you’ve really got to ask the question why it’s not a red card. 

• Like 1

Still annoyed with this but it happens. Shouldn’t have been in the position of being 1 min from half time 1-0 and put in a tackle like that after just getting a pen ref was always going to give it. Both fatawu and mavadidi on the pitch second half we win tht by picking them off they were not tht good to be honest we just wasn’t on it still 10 Points clear on to Ipswich now to bounce back next week 

Today the 50:50s went against us, but got to agree with Robins, they were the better team throughout the game, whether 11or 10 men. Our first shot was the pen after 44mins. It's not the first time too, I thought they looked better then us in the first game.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bert said:

Didn’t think it was a penalty at all, it all happened so fast lol but looking back it’s a penalty and you’ve really got to ask the question why it’s not a red card. 

Fair enough - it was a bit like that awful foul on you in that tournament all those years back from memory - minus any touch of the ball.

I reckon that’s what stopped the ref giving him a red.

Had he not walloped the ball first, there’s no question it’s high and dangerous - penalty and red card. 

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, smudger63 said:

If the ref is sending Fatawu off, then he has to have sent their guy off for the pen, which was high and far more reckless.

That said, we wasn't playing well beforehand, although I still think 11 v 11 we would have been better second half and gone on to win comfortably.

Disappointed with Enzo to be honest with the subs, just seemed negative and gave us nothing going forward. 

Would rather have kept Mavadidi on, more of an outlet ball than McAteer, and left it too late to make the second sub, and certainly wouldn't have took Cannon off, leaving us with no striker on the pitch at all.

Still, we move onwards and start again.

Wise taking off Cannon in the end..You tend to get injured when you have ran yourself into the ground with no product…

I thought he was right to bring on Mcateer..but later on when subbing Cannon

he should of IMO put Albrighton RW and moved Mcateer to Cannon slot.

Choudhury for Castadei..

We took a step back too far..plus a team with our calibre, should be able to

ride going down to ten men..something team and Enzo has to

grow into and prepare for.

.Don’t forget this squad and Enzo is only 27 games young,

With high potential but still a lot too learn,with foreprogrammed tweaks building up to be necessary when riding the nature of the beast..

Lets not go full Monty,because Coventry deservedly ripped us one..

So this week you have to put up with an irritating neighbour and if there are any thoughts of a poor run building up,then we aren’t the team or management group

we think we are,and we return to the pack of should haves..

Even with an Ipswich draw, I am confident we will readdress the balance,and prove our quality and realise our potential ´

,breaking the pressure of any would be chaser,that believe they can take advantage.

PS:    when does Fatawu commence his ban,and how many games..

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

PS:    when does Fatawu commence his ban,and how many games..

The next three games, excluding the FA Cup.

Edit: Incorrect, sorry - please see response to this on the next page.

Edited by Wymsey