Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Coventry away post match 3-1 defeat

fatawu red changed the game 

Players seemed not bothered 

Subs was questionable 

Policing was awful

no passion shown after 1-1

stop conceding last 10 min goals for crying out loud 

and finally 

who the fck are the coventry 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I walked through this just as they turned up. Even worse due to the fact that someone from the club mentioned they knew this was the cov fans plan before the match.

Surely enough away fans to stand up for themselves ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

Some of our fans are so ridiculous. 

We weren’t very good today even with 11 on the pitch. But we defended incredibly well for 35 minutes of the 50 we needed to. Sadly, we gave away a silly equaliser then they score with a wonderful strike and then the heads drop and the game is over. Enzo maybe could have made changes earlier but aside from that I’m not sure you can do much more against and 11 who are in really good form. 

Cov fans celebrating their greatest day in years. They’re a shit football club with naff all to look forward to. 

Put it behind yourselves, put your feet up and relax. We go again in 9 days and I’m backing us to take Ipswich apart. 

Our budget is substantially more than Cov - I’d expect a bit more than a 1-0 lead within first half and then holding on against a team lodged around 7th in the league. 

it’s time to start being the big bollocks in this league rather than bullying the small kids/clubs 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

We're going to get promoted, so my response is a little indifferent.

Of late we've not done a great job of grinding out results when we're leading by a goal, though. We need to get better at that, and it involves maintaining a threat when we're clinging on. Attack is the best form of defence, and too often we show our hand a little by dropping deep and allowing the opposition to throw the kitchen sink at us. We'll need to improve in that respect in the Prem.

• Like 2

I won’t have a go at Enzo because he’s done  brilliantly all season but I think he’ll look back and admit to some serious judgement errors today. There were shades of Rodgers stubbornness thinking we would hang on without posing any threat.

Just 2 subs when you’re down to 10 away from home is not wise, taking away your one  remaining threat at half time. Seemed wrong at the time and was proven so. 

Pressure back on next Monday night. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

I won’t have a go at Enzo because he’s done  brilliantly all season but I think he’ll look back and admit to some serious judgement errors today. There were shades of Rodgers stubbornness thinking we would hang on without posing any threat.

Just 2 subs when you’re down to 10 away from home is not wise, taking away your one  remaining threat at half time. Seemed wrong at the time and was proven so. 

Pressure back on next Monday night. 

Please no comparisons to Brendan I beg you. 

However, I think he'll learn from this.  He had a bad day at the office I agree.  But it's never easy when you've got to play 45 with 10.  

• Like 1

Did anyone see much of the trouble after the game? A couple of Leicester fans looked like they’d taken a beating. One lad had both eyes cut up, another had a egg on his head.

Didn’t help that we were sent completely the wrong way to the train station. 

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Cor blimey, first time we've been under pressure this season and we've bent over and whimpered.

Not impressive. Subs baffling. Mindset 2nd half was embarassing

Let’s have a bit of context though. We were under pressure with a man disadvantage. 

• Like 2

Just now, Bert said:

Did anyone see much of the trouble after the game? A couple of Leicester fans looked like they’d taken a beating. One lad had both eyes cut up, another had a egg on his head.

Didn’t help that we were sent completely the wrong way to the train station. 

Saw what can only be described as a royal rumble but everyone dressed exactly the same. 

Like how the hell do you know who to fight?!!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Saw what can only be described as a royal rumble but everyone dressed exactly the same. 

Like how the hell do you know who to fight?!!

Maybe the Coventry fans target those who don’t look like they have pre existing brain injury 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Bert said:

And not only that, the foul he made when Enzo got booked stopped a potential counter attack. The ref was terrible. 

He was too quick to brandish the red for Fatawu. Looked like a red from where I was sat but after that he was so inconsistent with picky decisions. Enzo shook the Lino’s hand, completely blanked the referee and then shook the other Lino’s hand whilst telling the lads to go away, says it all from someone who generally is very level headed. 

You didn’t need to hesitate or delay Fatawu,didn’t slide in,

he left the ground and dived in, uncontrolled tackle….

Straight red..

No bias,no pause for thought ( because commentators thought it was quick), No questioning the Ref..I said Red straight away…and I ain’t no clever boy..

Now the snowflakes will use this to. Say we will collapse,

when we draw with Ipswich..

The longer these unbeaten runs go, you know they have to come to an end at some point...just a b1tch it was today.  In the big scheme of things, apart from bruised pride, it won't make a huge difference to our season.  Nobody ......that's nobody ....can go through a 46 game season without a loss here and there.  

In fairness city were poor from the off and the cov fans and players were bang up for it from the off.  Think the atmosphere and frustration maybe got to fatawu. With 10 men we cannot play our normal game.  Look at possession stats.....usually we dominate.  38 % today if memory serves.  

Onwards and upwards.  Not the end of the world.  Just a blip.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Piper doesn’t half appeal to the Facebook mob.

Today is going to sting for a while, regardless of league position. 

i dont get how, still top of the league etc

only thing i hope for is the players take the rage out on Ipswich next monday

• Like 2