Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Coventry away post match 3-1 defeat

24 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I do. He's stinging. I like players to have a mean, mardy side. Winner's mentality 

Naaa winner’s mentality isn’t groaning about opposition celebrating like they’ve won promotion. 

Make a comment along the lines of how it’s going to spur you on. Rather than very sour grapes - gotta start showing the right sort of confidence 

Ironically we were woeful short of the shithouse stuff. When we hit 70 odds mins, we should have used all the slow down tactics possible - injuries, delays etc. 

Edited by CosbehFox

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

You didn’t need to hesitate or delay Fatawu,didn’t slide in,

he left the ground and dived in, uncontrolled tackle….

Straight red..

No bias,no pause for thought ( because commentators thought it was quick), No questioning the Ref..I said Red straight away…and I ain’t no clever boy..

Now the snowflakes will use this to. Say we will collapse,

when we draw with Ipswich..

We’ll beat Ipswich mate 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

The longer these unbeaten runs go, you know they have to come to an end at some point...just a b1tch it was today.  In the big scheme of things, apart from bruised pride, it won't make a huge difference to our season.  Nobody ......that's nobody ....can go through a 46 game season without a loss here and there.  

In fairness city were poor from the off and the cov fans and players were bang up for it from the off.  Think the atmosphere and frustration maybe got to fatawu. With 10 men we cannot play our normal game.  Look at possession stats.....usually we dominate.  38 % today if memory serves.  

Onwards and upwards.  Not the end of the world.  Just a blip.

If we can restrict to a blip and bounce back then we forget today. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

The longer these unbeaten runs go, you know they have to come to an end at some point...just a b1tch it was today.  In the big scheme of things, apart from bruised pride, it won't make a huge difference to our season.  Nobody ......that's nobody ....can go through a 46 game season without a loss here and there.  

In fairness city were poor from the off and the cov fans and players were bang up for it from the off.  Think the atmosphere and frustration maybe got to fatawu. With 10 men we cannot play our normal game.  Look at possession stats.....usually we dominate.  38 % today if memory serves.  

Onwards and upwards.  Not the end of the world.  Just a blip.

I think these blips are good guard against complacency, one more 10 game unbeaten run gets promotion from here.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Clarkey123 said:

Fatawu to blame unfortunately, let’s hope he uses this game as a learning curve to halt his aggression, on his way to greatness. 

Keep the aggression..he made a great interception in defence,some minutes before.

He just has to control it.

• Like 3

Poor result today but the referee killed us. If you aren’t giving a red for the first challenge then that second challenge is no way a red. Either both reds or both yellows. 

Would we have any grounds to appeal the red?

41 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

What don't you like?

Some footballers are better in front of a camera than others. I think he's just making snide digs about how Coventry celebrated like it was a cup final.

Could see choudhury after the game laughing and pointing at the Coventry players celebrations.

All I see is a KDH who's gutted at the result and taking a bit of a stab at the scum. I like it.

KDH probably one of the few players on the pitch who even knew the significance of the rivalry.

Take it on the chin, use their celebrations as a motivation and then make a comment at the end of the season. 

Been here before - the beauty of that 15/16 was no chatting shit, get the job done and then stick up em at end of the season. 

Pure sour grapes because we couldn’t see off a very average side today 

• Like 1

Just now, Rusko187 said:

Poor result today but the referee killed us. If you aren’t giving a red for the first challenge then that second challenge is no way a red. Either both reds or both yellows. 

Would we have any grounds to appeal the red?

It won’t get overturned. 

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

We’ll beat Ipswich mate 

I think we smash them, if we get a goal up or two up the crowd has to keep on, we need to be ruthless. I can see the best performance of the season about yo be shown.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joe90lcfc said:

Am I the only one on this forum who isn’t going to blame the sending of for this rubbish performance??? We are poor from start to finish with 11 men it was like we was playing for a 0.0, no attacking threat in the first half with 11, yea we did ok defensively from 45-75 because of the sending off, but for a local derby the players didn’t give enough!! Deserved the loss👎👎👎

Agree..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Take it on the chin, use their celebrations as a motivation and then make a comment at the end of the season. 

Been here before - the beauty of that 15/16 was no chatting shit, get the job done and then stick up em at end of the season. 

No team talk just put two posters up one of the Coventry players celebrating today the other of the Ipswich players celebrating their equaliser.

22 minutes ago, Bert said:

Did anyone see much of the trouble after the game? A couple of Leicester fans looked like they’d taken a beating. One lad had both eyes cut up, another had a egg on his head.

Didn’t help that we were sent completely the wrong way to the train station. 

Yeah appalling policing. 

Cause a flashpoint by directing people to get their batons and dogs out. Moments later a collection of say masked 15-20 Cov come towards the away end compound - nearly kicks off and then the coppers start laying into Leicester fans. LCFC fans end up with pepper sprayed etc 

Edited by CosbehFox

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Naaa winner’s mentality isn’t groaning about opposition celebrating like they’ve won promotion. 

Make a comment along the lines of how it’s going to spur you on. Rather than very sour grapes - gotta start showing the right sort of confidence 

Make a comment that actually reflects what you're thinking. That's all I ask of our players. And we see it rarely enough.  

From many of your posts you strike me as the sort of bloke who doesn't like the sanitisation of modern football.  Don't disagree overall.  But then we can't really moan because KDH's comment isn't showing the 'right' sort of confidence and coming out with the tired 'spur us on' platitude.  Today hurt.  And it obviously hurt KDH.  Good...

I don't see sour grapes so much as a very angry young man who's determined to shut the Cov lot up by making sure we get promoted.

All just different perspectives I guess.  

• Like 4

On a lighter note.....did you see them at the end?   It was like they had won champions league.   I have no doubt it is the biggest thing in some of their lives 🤣

Also saw a funny Inbetweeners moment at the traffic lights at the retail park.  Gang of lads in a car shouting abuse out of window....then got stuck at lights.....they were saved by the police as a mob went toward them.   Lesson learnt 🤣

Edited by rugbyblue
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Make a comment that actually reflects what you're thinking. That's all I ask of our players. And we see it rarely enough.  

From many of your posts you strike me as the sort of bloke who doesn't like the sanitisation of modern football.  Don't disagree overall.  But then we can't really moan because KDH's comment isn't showing the 'right' sort of confidence and coming out with the tired 'spur us on' platitude.  Today hurt.  And it obviously hurt KDH.  Good...

I don't see sour grapes so much as a very angry young man who's determined to shut the Cov lot up by making sure we get promoted.

All just different perspectives I guess.  

You are probably bob on there. 

They looked pissed off at full time but equally I am very pissed off at a failure to secure a result again against a local team 

• Thanks 1

Just now, CosbehFox said:

You are probably bob on there. 

They looked pissed off at full time but equally I am very pissed off at a failure to secure a result again against a local team 

Trust me mate I'm fvcking fuming.  But I kinda get KDH reaction as a result. 

Has there been another game this season when both our wingers were so utterly anonymous for the entire first half?

Add in the fact that apart from the one excellent effort he got off, Cannon looked like a fan who won a 'be a professional footballer for a day' competition, and I can't remember us looking so utterly toothless this season.

Still - no winger is ever going to dominate every game. Especially when they play every game. It's just a shame when they both have a duff game at the same time. And I'm not writing Cannon off on one poor game. If anything, the fact he still almost nabbed one even though he may as well not have been there the rest of the time might be encouraging.

It was a crap game and it's done.

Next, please!

22 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Yeah, I get your take, and I don't think he'll ever make it as a politician,  but I think he's just hurt after the loss.

5 hours ago, Joe90lcfc said:

Am I the only one on this forum who isn’t going to blame the sending of for this rubbish performance??? We are poor from start to finish with 11 men it was like we was playing for a 0.0, no attacking threat in the first half with 11, yea we did ok defensively from 45-75 because of the sending off, but for a local derby the players didn’t give enough!! Deserved the loss👎👎👎

Probably not only one, but certainly in the minority. 

Okay we weren't setting the world alight, but we were controlling the game and the way it was going, I'd say we would be more likely to have got a second than Coventry an equilisier. 

After the sending off, we had to change shape and sacrifice any attacking threat.

The 1 man advantage, and our lack of offense,  I thoroughly believe to be the only reason we didn't come away with 3 points.

That's not a dig at Fatawu. Silly tackle but he's young, it's part of his learning and I love him. Blokes a nut case.

46 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Bugger, didn’t know if there were grounds

to challenge the inconsistency of standards or something

I think because of the ferocity of the tackle and him leaving the ground, would lead them to say it’s reckless and out of control. 

I know it’s part of the bigger plan but I hate how we start games, hand initiative to the opposition straight away and gets their fans right up for it.

People thinking we will smash Ipswich, what are you basing that on?

I’ll take a guess that we will go in at half time having had zero corners and possibly the 1 shot on target 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Let’s have a bit of context though. We were under pressure with a man disadvantage. 

First half was bang average. Then Enzo has shat himself and neutered us after the red. Really weird and unnecessary. Unless we think were not better than cov. If that's the case then its terrifying for us in the prem when Enzo is gonna bottle every game and play 10 defenders in the hope of leaving the game with a 0 0