Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Coventry away post match 3-1 defeat

Enzo has been superb but he made a big mistake surrendering any attacking intent, I cannot remember the last time we played so defensively and it worked, going back years, we needed to keep a threat on the counter, Hamza coming on at wing back was odd too given we had Riccy in the back 3, 3 cbs on the bench and Sharky would have seemed a more obvious choice.

That said it should have been 10 a side and we wouldn't have had to go ultra defensive

• Like 1

Half a game with 10 is always going to be a massive struggle. Didn’t expect to get anything from this and I’m not surprised we lost in the end. Foot-size IQ tackle from Fatawu though, despite the fact I don’t personally think it should be a straight red.

Just now, kingfox said:

Have to criticise Maresca I’m afraid, should have kept at least one attacking outlet on for the full 90.

Yep think he’s messed up just as much as Fatawu today - took our only counter attacking player off from out wide. We did nothing but try and hang on - not going to happen for 45 minutes 

• Like 1

Horrible result obviously. I don’t think, even before the sending off we were ever on top or in control. It happens. 

I thought Enzo got it wrong today. From start to finish. He has got a lot right this season. 

Harry Winks for the first 75 minutes was about 6 levels above everyone, they made the right subs to impact that control, we didn’t. 

Deserve to lose this. 

• Like 1

All three goals should have had a proper block go in instead of this cricket fielding type long barrier. Twice from Hamza and once from Wout. 

Poor attempt at blocking. Turning their back and just sticking a half arsed leg out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cov fans have had a lovely day out which really is nice for them, cup final win, probably finish it by shagging their sister. Will be nice for them to remember that they beat the 10 man team that are thriving in the Prem next year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Let’s not say that was due to the ref (solely). We didn’t show up. We created nothing even with 11 men, they were better throughout and deserved to win regardless.

One of those days. We have the buffer, move on and bounce back.

Shame to put our worst performance in against these lot but we will have the last laugh.

Let them have their moment in the sun.

All that matters is the final table in May when we go up and they don't.

Can't win em all but this will sting for a bit.

• Like 1

A painful loss, but we can use it as a learning opportunity. Hopefully Enzo realises he made the wrong subs and was too negative in the second half. It was obvious they’d pile on the pressure and quick breaks with Mavidid, Cannon and KDH could have been fruitful for us. 

We’re still top of the league and still the best team in the league by some way. We move…

• Like 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate

It was won until Abdul gave the ref a decision to make. Stupid to do that, in that part of the pitch, when the game is in control. No need, amateurish.