Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Coventry away post match 3-1 defeat

13 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I know it’s part of the bigger plan but I hate how we start games, hand initiative to the opposition straight away and gets their fans right up for it.

People thinking we will smash Ipswich, what are you basing that on?

I’ll take a guess that we will go in at half time having had zero corners and possibly the 1 shot on target 

Hang on a minute, are we top or bottom? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Our record against the better sides in the division is not great to be honest. Against the top 9 we've W4 D1 L4 at just 1.44 points per game, whilst winning 17 out of 18 against sides in 10th or lower.

Meanwhile, 3 of our 4 defeats have come in the absence through injury of Ndidi. Admittedly, those 3 defeats have all been against teams in the top 9 but still worrying, given that he is expected to be out until March.

What a ****ing stupid challenge by fatty. Ridiculous and we lost the game from this point.

10 men for a half against any team is tough and it showed. I went for a shite and they scored, we all knew what was coming next.

They've acted like they won the champions league today a bit like Leeds did.

Scalped a big boy but odd behaviour from them, we will be fine and go up.

**** Coventry 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bert said:

Did anyone see much of the trouble after the game? A couple of Leicester fans looked like they’d taken a beating. One lad had both eyes cut up, another had a egg on his head.

Didn’t help that we were sent completely the wrong way to the train station. 

Yeah, group of Coventry lads about 5 yards in front of us layed into some Leicester lads completely unprovoked. Strangely enough it was a group of stewards who arrived on the scene to break it up. From the sounds they carried on and found some new targets later on.

We got massively lucky pre-match. Ended up walking the wrong way round the stadium and got to where the away end was  but on the Coventry side of the police line. They started trying to break through the police to get at Leicester fans outside the away end and the police started hitting them back with batons. One of them had a full balaclava on with only eye holes. We had our Leicester scarves on in the middle of all this and a couple of them called us out but fortunately managed to turn back out of it sharpish. I stopped a few other Leicester fans heading that direction as well.

The whole funnelling of fans around the stadium, and being able to end up in a bottleneck like that with the worst of their home fans, was poor crowd management. Sounds like it also happened with Leicester fans trying to get back to the train station as well.

Guest Col city fan

Just watched the highlights for the first time today.

From what I could see, Fatawu’s moment of utter lunacy cost us the game (although I think Cov looked the better side anyway).

And for all that Faes has been excellent this season, he stunk the place out in moments of the second half.

I did write, very early into the season, that anyone expecting us to win every game, were just being silly.

Again though, Enzo will have to recruit well in the summer because this defence will crumble when put under lots of pressure.

We will go up and we will go up as champions, but there are some bad habits with us, the main ones being consistently blowing the biggest games and conceding late goals away, that are going to be a lot harder to get away with next season.

That's absolutely rotten from us. Horrid.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I know it’s part of the bigger plan but I hate how we start games, hand initiative to the opposition straight away and gets their fans right up for it.

People thinking we will smash Ipswich, what are you basing that on?

I’ll take a guess that we will go in at half time having had zero corners and possibly the 1 shot on target 

Form, points, goals conceded, goals scored, our home record, we have better 11, we have better squad and we have the better manager. 

What are you basing it on that we won't beat them? One game? 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Form, points, goals conceded, goals scored, our home record, we have better 11, we have better squad and we have the better manager. 

What are you basing it on that we won't beat them? One game? 

I think he may well be basing it on experience. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Our record against the better sides in the division is not great to be honest. Against the top 9 we've W4 D1 L4 at just 1.44 points per game, whilst winning 17 out of 18 against sides in 10th or lower.

Meanwhile, 3 of our 4 defeats have come in the absence through injury of Ndidi. Admittedly, those 3 defeats have all been against teams in the top 9 but still worrying, given that he is expected to be out until March.

This is a bigger problem than people will admit. For what it's worth, this season, it will be enough. We will go up and I've absolutely no doubt on that. But it doesn't bode well for when we get there at all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well I think the cracks are starting to appear on and off the field . The manager got it so wrong in the second half, he thought we could just sit deep and win the game , WRONG. He waited far to long to make a change and only one at that , now if Casadei is a Chelsea wonder kid then I must be the next messei , the bloke cannot hold the ball under any kind of pressure, he should of been the 1st replacement at 1/2 time . And I agree with others on here our playing out might get us out of this division put the EPL will cut us to pieces, we need to stop letting teams get sorted , just way to much playing backwards 

1 hour ago, Lesta2014 said:

All of a sudden with fatawu suspended and injuries our bench looks weak again particularly in attack 

Once Vardy is back, I thought apart from Wilf and the two budding youngsters, everyone else is fit??  Agree on the lack of attacking options though.

I really wish I'd remembered to put money on the Fatawu red. You knew he was going to get one this season having gotten away with a couple earlier on, and you just knew it would come in the worst possible fixture.

I think it's a yellow, but it's so brainless of him to fly in like that within a minute of us getting a contentious decision and their fans already up in arms for it, the timing is that stupid that it's almost worthy of the red.

It's ****ing infuriating. We've somehow ended up having a net negative from him not going to AFCON after all.

Edited by Dan LCFC

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I really wish I'd remembered to put money on the Fatawu red. You knew he was going to get one this season having gotten away with a couple earlier on, and you just knew it would come in the worst possible fixture.

I think it's a yellow, but it's so brainless of him to fly in like that within a minute of us getting a contentious decision and their fans already up in arms for it, the timing is that stupid that it's almost worthy of the red.

It's ****ing infuriating. We've somehow ended up having a net negative from him not going to AFCON after all.

He's been really good in defence for us though and that's rare for a winger. 

He made a mistake in a big game but this isn't the time to get on his back. He's going to be class for us. 

Edited by Gamble92
  • Like 2

Just now, Gamble92 said:

He's been really good in defence for us though and that's rare for a winger. 

He made a mistake in a big game but this isn't the time to get on his back. He's going to be class for us. 

I like him a lot, but you knew a red was coming with him and you just knew as ever with us it had to be in the game you wanted it least. 

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

I like him a lot, but you knew a red was coming with him and you just knew as ever with us it had to be in the game you wanted it least. 

Yeah it's definitely the one game I wanted to avoid ****ing up this season but all our worst points in living memory have resulted in us bouncing back and I think we'll do the same here. 

5 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

I would suggest, with the greatest of respect, that the only person who has shat themselves is you.  

Concede after showing zero attacking intention for  30 minutes. Only attacker off for a dm.

My apologies, that is Alex ferguson at his best management. I feel silly now youve pointed out that I'm the one that shat themself lol

Why we are having a go at the ref, I don't know. 

Every single commentator/pundit with TV angles called the  major incidents wrong immediately, and took a few, time or well after to eventually agree.. Others were just bias... 

The ref got both the issues for me Right

At the time and from his angle. 

I always thought a penalty, but it took a few different clips before I believed it should of been a Red.. FATAWU, in nano seconds, no need of replays, that was a red all day, no need for Ref to take a moment (like Moore & Elliot suggested).. Top referering.. 

Any other incidents, no black marks has I saw.... Yeh some calls could of gone one way or the other.. Ref had no influence on game in the tight calls. 

A red would have served our needs, but IT'S SHIT from fans being clever after the event... 

We always take time to get going,, and without the Fatawu incident, those 10 minutes before half time, we were finding our stride.. 

I wouldn't say the subs were wrong, but

this once team and Enzo in the 2nd half

got our tactics and mental attitude totally wrong.. Fcuk 30 minutes Brave and proud defending, at any level of football is was way off and wrong, we were not playing a PL side to warrant siting back and at times, not prepared even to counter attack. Their waves were ripples with space behind.. 

That all said... One challenge in 20+ we failed to even pick up the gauntlet..

Very Bad day at court and in the office. 

Learn, prepare tuck the experience away, let it score a wound to hurt & be remembered. 

Next week with 11 men and our prolific scorers and creators & a wiser  Enzo.. 

We go forth and plunder, outwink ravish some defenders... 

• Like 1