Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Coventry away post match 3-1 defeat

14 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Im not panicking at all... but i think the.. "we're getting promoted anyway" is the 2024's version of... "We're too good to go down"

We lose to Ipswich and that gal is tight. We’ll never them and Southampton breathing down our neck. 

We have seen teams collapse before. 

Losing Ndidi is massive. 

8 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Yeah, group of Coventry lads about 5 yards in front of us layed into some Leicester lads completely unprovoked. Strangely enough it was a group of stewards who arrived on the scene to break it up. From the sounds they carried on and found some new targets later on.

We got massively lucky pre-match. Ended up walking the wrong way round the stadium and got to where the away end was  but on the Coventry side of the police line. They started trying to break through the police to get at Leicester fans outside the away end and the police started hitting them back with batons. One of them had a full balaclava on with only eye holes. We had our Leicester scarves on in the middle of all this and a couple of them called us out but fortunately managed to turn back out of it sharpish. I stopped a few other Leicester fans heading that direction as well.

The whole funnelling of fans around the stadium, and being able to end up in a bottleneck like that with the worst of their home fans, was poor crowd management. Sounds like it also happened with Leicester fans trying to get back to the train station as well.

It all looked pre planned for sure after the game at the traffic lights/island..

few kids that looked like they should have been at home doing their homework , few others with balaclavas on..

Not sure if any one got hurt but it looked like plenty of lcfc fans were if the older generation/families..

plenty of parking tickets also when we walked through burbages lane…not sure why as couldn’t see any restricted parking etc on that road outside houses 🤷‍♂️ 

17 minutes ago, Rigga said:

plenty of parking tickets also when we walked through burbages lane…not sure why as couldn’t see any restricted parking etc on that road outside houses 🤷‍♂️ 

The Arena Zone (permit parking only) seems to go miles away from the ground in all directions.

There are signs implying it goes well past Burbages Lane nearly as far as Ash Green.  Crazy.     But there don't appear to be any signs as you turn off of Ash Green Lane into Burbages Lane, which might mean it's worth appealing.   I would've thought that every road/street should be clearly marked (not just some sign miles away as you enter the "zone").   But I suspect the authorities would just say there are signs further out, so you should be able to work it out for yourself.

The parking situation looked so bad, I gave up looking and parked in the town centre and caught the train up to the Arena.   Which actually wasn't too bad.    Whilst the trains back were full, they did get everyone on the first train out after the match.

One thing I will say. Happy to be proven wrong. This game is very much a Derby and perhaps even The Derby for us and Cov. Perhaps it was because we hadn’t played each other for a while and with the first game being straight after last seasons horror, this was the first time in a long time, we’ve experienced it. 

The atmosphere. The build up. The bite within the game etc. was great (albeit, Cov pushed the limits when they really didn’t need to). 

Would be good to see the game in the PL soon. 

Also, the defeat hurts more today. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

There is a nonchalant attitude to much of our play that I ****ing despise if I'm honest. 

Yesterday is what that gets you against opposition who are up for it 

As I said last night whilst we haven't conceded that many late goals in the grand scheme of things but for a team/manager/philosophy/ideology who crave and speak so much about 'control' the late goals and the way we've conceded them in important matches is a concern that has to be spoken about.

We've largely had it all our own way for the most part of this season but on those rare times we are backs against the wall we've crumbled, as I keep reiterating i'm actually quite enjoying and understand why we're playing this way in this league but some people are in for a rude awakening.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

The Arena Zone (permit parking only) seems to go miles away from the ground in all directions.

There are signs implying it goes well past Burbages Lane nearly as far as Ash Green.  Crazy.     But there don't appear to be any signs as you turn off of Ash Green Lane into Burbages Lane, which might mean it's worth appealing.   I would've thought that every road/street should be clearly marked (not just some sign miles away as you enter the "zone").   But I suspect the authorities would just say there are signs further out, so you should be able to work it out for yourself.

The parking situation looked so bad, I gave up looking and parked in the town centre and caught the train up to the Arena.   Which actually wasn't too bad.    Whilst the trains back were full, they did get everyone on the first train out after the match.

We managed to get a spot at the bull and anchor and had a couple of pre match pints..

sure didnt see any signs about for the unfortunate folks that were given a notice 

Game is what it is. Dumb red card but I thought we fought well while admittedly struggling to impose ourselves against them. Unusually lost the battle out wide, yet despite that I don't think anyone did particularly poorly on the wings? Weird one, I can't explain it. I guess form goes out the window during local derbies, as it bloody should, been a while since I've seen us involved in one where it seemed like both teams were up for it.

Certainly didn't come away at full time seething and never wanting to see any of them wear the shirt again like I did at F*rest last year - the lads were up for this one, and they'll be hurting, none moreso than KDH who clearly hates them. lol

I have to hand it to their part-time fanbase who showed up purely because it was against us - they made a right racket when they turned it around, probably the loudest I've heard a home crowd. They'll be back to 13,000 and closed stands next week, but I'm sure the DVD of this cup final triumph to rival 1987 is already in production for Christmas.

I guess when your claims to fame are a ruined cathedral, Binley Mega Chippy and the noncey vibes of Mr Poppy from the Nativity films, you have to take what you can get. Good luck to 'em.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Why we are having a go at the ref, I don't know. 

Every single commentator/pundit with TV angles called the  major incidents wrong immediately, and took a few, time or well after to eventually agree.. Others were just bias... 

The ref got both the issues for me Right

At the time and from his angle. 

I always thought a penalty, but it took a few different clips before I believed it should of been a Red.. FATAWU, in nano seconds, no need of replays, that was a red all day, no need for Ref to take a moment (like Moore & Elliot suggested).. Top referering.. 

Any other incidents, no black marks has I saw.... Yeh some calls could of gone one way or the other.. Ref had no influence on game in the tight calls. 

A red would have served our needs, but IT'S SHIT from fans being clever after the event... 

We always take time to get going,, and without the Fatawu incident, those 10 minutes before half time, we were finding our stride.. 

I wouldn't say the subs were wrong, but

this once team and Enzo in the 2nd half

got our tactics and mental attitude totally wrong.. Fcuk 30 minutes Brave and proud defending, at any level of football is was way off and wrong, we were not playing a PL side to warrant siting back and at times, not prepared even to counter attack. Their waves were ripples with space behind.. 

That all said... One challenge in 20+ we failed to even pick up the gauntlet..

Very Bad day at court and in the office. 

Learn, prepare tuck the experience away, let it score a wound to hurt & be remembered. 

Next week with 11 men and our prolific scorers and creators & a wiser  Enzo.. 

We go forth and plunder, outwink ravish some defenders... 

Wise words my friend. Nice balance.

6 minutes ago, Rigga said:

We managed to get a spot at the bull and anchor and had a couple of pre match pints..

sure didnt see any signs about for the unfortunate folks that were given a notice 

Not sure if it's out-of-date, but Google Maps showed a couple of signs at the North end of the Bull & Anchor car park.

https://www.google.com/maps/@52.4560596,-1.5047383,3a,75y,332.83h,82.91t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sWXy2uhZl9ob_MP250R0fVA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

Those signs implied the Arena Zone went even further North away from the ground towards Ash Green.    As I say, I suspect the signage was very poor, and I would've thought every road/street should have its own clear signs.

9 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Form, points, goals conceded, goals scored, our home record, we have better 11, we have better squad and we have the better manager. 

What are you basing it on that we won't beat them? One game? 

I didn’t say we won’t beat them 

8 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

****ing stupid from Fatawu and not for the first time. Completely cost us the game.

Please list all the other times he has been ******ing stupid?

The more I see that tackle, the more I'm happy we have a winger prepared to make a robust challenge. Last season we were 'too nice'!

It was Darren England who didn't handle the occasion well.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Bert said:

Did anyone see much of the trouble after the game? A couple of Leicester fans looked like they’d taken a beating. One lad had both eyes cut up, another had a egg on his head.

Didn’t help that we were sent completely the wrong way to the train station. 

It kicked off under the bridge to the car park and around the traffic lights there. Didn’t see the start but heard from cov fans it was there lads that had picked out some Leicester fans just walking back. As many of their fans as ours trying to stop it and protect a lad getting a beating on the floor to be fair