Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Coventry away post match 3-1 defeat

Think you could see this coming a mile off, they were bang up for it and even with 11 on the pitch we weren't great, infact far from it.

But a great time to score. Personally I think the ref got the yellow for their lad and the red for us wrong.

But even with 11 on the pitch I'm.not sure we win that game even tho scoring just before half time was a great time to score.

Big fan of Enzo but he got it all sorts of wrong 2nd half. Taking our 1 outlet of at half time and leaving us with no one up top come the end of the game was only ever gonna end one way.

Chalk it off move on and hope we find a reaction a week Monday.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

Please list all the other times he has been ******ing stupid?

The more I see that tackle, the more I'm happy we have a winger prepared to make a robust challenge. Last season we were 'too nice'!

It was Darren England who didn't handle the occasion well.

Two footed lunge on his debut against Hull? I love him but, that has been coming. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

Please list all the other times he has been ******ing stupid?

The more I see that tackle, the more I'm happy we have a winger prepared to make a robust challenge. Last season we were 'too nice'!

It was Darren England who didn't handle the occasion well.

It was an idiotic challenge that cost us the match, needs to learn from it and move on

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He’s reckless, he’s made a fair few challenges which have been poor. It was only a few weeks ago where he made a horrific challenge and should have seen red. 

It was coming, the blokes a lose cannon, he’s got massive potential, but he’s got this recklessness about him. He needs to learn, because he’s going to get us in a lot of trouble with VAR if he remains and we go up. 

I have a feeling this is just his nature rather than it just being down to his age. Could be wrong, obviously.

You don’t always want to coach the crazy out of players - The unpredictability can often be an asset.

I think we have to take the rough with the smooth with Abdul and that will be the case for years to come if he stays.

From what I’ve seen so far there will be more highs than lows though…and it’ll never be dull with him in the team!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He’s reckless, he’s made a fair few challenges which have been poor. It was only a few weeks ago where he made a horrific challenge and should have seen red. 

It was coming, the blokes a lose cannon, he’s got massive potential, but he’s got this recklessness about him. He needs to learn, because he’s going to get us in a lot of trouble with VAR if he remains and we go up. 

His 19, and very raw before coming to us, he'd play 276 minutes of senior football in Europe.

He'll learn from it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CH1_Fox said:

It kicked off under the bridge to the car park and around the traffic lights there. Didn’t see the start but heard from cov fans it was there lads that had picked out some Leicester fans just walking back. As many of their fans as ours trying to stop it and protect a lad getting a beating on the floor to be fair 

I believe it. Walking through the crowds before the game, the amount of blokes dropping shoulders into me 🙄

21 hours ago, Tuna said:

Game changed on the red card, needless and pointless lunging in like that and Fatawu has to learn.

We're still top of the league!

yea i have to agree no need for it cost foxes the game they were in full control of the game till that point but i also blame manager ad to take some of the blame for defending for full 45 minutes youd think there was 9 men playing you cant sit bk for that amount of time diffrent if your 2/3 up ,i dont rate fatawu anyway think he runs down that wing like a headless chicken

13 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Our record against the better sides in the division is not great to be honest. Against the top 9 we've W4 D1 L4 at just 1.44 points per game, whilst winning 17 out of 18 against sides in 10th or lower.

Meanwhile, 3 of our 4 defeats have come in the absence through injury of Ndidi. Admittedly, those 3 defeats have all been against teams in the top 9 but still worrying, given that he is expected to be out until March.

Yep we not good without Ndidi, Daka also seems to improve overall forward play as well.

7 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Im not panicking at all... but i think the.. "we're getting promoted anyway" is the 2024's version of... "We're too good to go down"

AND a very prudent & wise attitude.. 

I though confident recognize a middle order collapse is around the corner, if the players relax, protect injuries and body worries, and lose sight of keeping up the standards they themselves created. 

That said we have a mix of home grown talent, rekindled careers and young guns that is that perfect storm for the situation we have has a squad and coaches self constructed and developed. Coventry was nowhere near the end of blowing itself out.. 

ALL our competitors have also had their bad days, feeling the same as how we fans this week are feeling.. 

We has a deep squad who have more of a balanced and spread group, with individuals wanting to know and prove how far their skills and mental qualities still questioning themselves  their potential will  take them.. 

AND yesterday hurt enough and goes deep, the right sort of vibrations we need.. 

Also Enzo is on the proof skewer, having to learn, progress & develope across the challenges.. So far his 25+ games experience and tenure has shown no signs of suddenly falling to pieces and imploding. HE has learnt our trust and support, plus fans ( varying) opinions on subs, doesn't mean they know any better. But accept he too has to learn.. not necessarily going with their own suggestions. 

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

There were several factors in this game that could have resulted in a different outcome. 
1. Two possible penalties for hand ball for us missed by the Ref 

2. Red card for the follow through on KDH leading to our penalty 

3. Our Red card.

4. The Ref who missed so much and was a complete bag of shit.

5. Choice and timings of subs.

3 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

One thing I will say. Happy to be proven wrong. This game is very much a Derby and perhaps even The Derby for us and Cov. Perhaps it was because we hadn’t played each other for a while and with the first game being straight after last seasons horror, this was the first time in a long time, we’ve experienced it. 

The atmosphere. The build up. The bite within the game etc. was great (albeit, Cov pushed the limits when they really didn’t need to). 

Would be good to see the game in the PL soon. 

Also, the defeat hurts more today. 

I think the lead up and bite really did show it really strong case could be made now for this is the derby.

You don’t get any of that sort of feeling with Derby and Forest’s pretend bollocks is tiring.

Now that the angers settled and its just disappointment, I do still feel Enzo got the tactics wrong after going a player down, but to be fair we created chances before and after the red.

Casadei should've done better at 0-0, JJ had thr chance to pull it across goal to Cannon early in the second half and kdh was guilty of putting a stop to a 4 on 3 counter. 

10 men for 45 mins, seemed to back off and let them at us but we were leading until the 79th minute.

Biggest league defeat of the season against an extra man and a ref that was against us, bar the penalty, which to be fair was a pen anyway. Wheels are firmly on, hopefully roll on and get a result against Ipswich and forget yesterday's performance.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

One thing I will say. Happy to be proven wrong. This game is very much a Derby and perhaps even The Derby for us and Cov. Perhaps it was because we hadn’t played each other for a while and with the first game being straight after last seasons horror, this was the first time in a long time, we’ve experienced it. 

The atmosphere. The build up. The bite within the game etc. was great (albeit, Cov pushed the limits when they really didn’t need to). 

Would be good to see the game in the PL soon. 

Also, the defeat hurts more today. 

Felt the KP was much more up for it against Forest last season than the Cov game this year though 

• Like 1

After all these posts right or wrong, even myself trying hard to balance the weekend out, being confident of our future path despite expecting some potholes.. 

I have a worry with how a team of our caliber, didn't pick up and take on the challenge even with 10 men. 

Maybe it's an Italian thing.. TO go into an automatic defensive screen, KdH and Winks tried to push us forward and sometimes shown anger towards their teammates, but Enzo even in post match interview hinted he gave way to a defensive fight, he also underestimated IMO on the day his own players.. proven by those occasional good moves creating decent shots at goal.. Enzo automatically gave ground, where it wasn't necessary, we only lost a winger, the backbone was still solid, but he failed to encourage it.. 

That said.. The loss won't define us or our season, but we didn't even try to pursue any idea we were the better side, we let it happen.. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I think the lead up and bite really did show it really strong case could be made now for this is the derby.

You don’t get any of that sort of feeling with Derby and Forest’s pretend bollocks is tiring.

Just not sure your ever going to move a significant percentage of our lot from seeing Forest as the main rival tbh

Geography/History/ the East/West Mids split thing all play a huge part

You could have said the same thing after the scenes at the city ground last season or in the cup game

Edited by MattFox

It's only one game, but it shows we can struggle if we play a team that knows how to convert their chances.  In a sense though it's good we've got this wake-up call now, still with a big cushion and leading the table. We cannot be complacent from this point on.

• Like 1