Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Coventry away post match 3-1 defeat

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

They're absolutely milking this win, swear we posted maybe a picture or two at most.

I realise I’ll sound unbelievably bitter and I probably am but that was legitimately their biggest win it quite some time 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Let them, it means very little in the grand scheme of things.

I do hope you’re right. However we do have experience of slippery slopes and it also depends how Enzo is feeling after being somewhat let down. 

9 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

I realise I’ll sound unbelievably bitter and I probably am but that was legitimately their biggest win it quite some time 

It’s their biggest one off win at the Ricoh by a distance 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

Beating Boro to get a shot at the Premier League was probably a bit bigger!

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Beating Boro to get a shot at the Premier League was probably a bit bigger!

Call me delusional but to their fans this was bigger. They fully deserved the win don’t get me wrong even before the goal & card they looked like they wanted it more. Easy to say now but from the first 5 minutes I could tell something was off with us.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

Call me delusional but to their fans this was bigger. They fully deserved the win don’t get me wrong even before the goal & card they looked like they wanted it more. Easy to say now but from the first 5 minutes I could tell something was off with us.

You are delusional tbf. Of course the playoff semi final win was bigger. Some of our fans coming across as a bit bitter and desperate tbh.

• Like 3

We've become a little too predictably. We need to mix things up a little more. Teams are preparing for exactly how we like to play now.

It's hard to be critical of the Team given the season we're having but there was a lot wrong with yesterdays performance especially from Enzo and the players.

We were also a little unlucky with 2 goals going through players legs, But when you openly invite pressure that's always likely to happen.

I'm hope we'll learn from it and be better prepared for the Ipswich game.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

We've become a little too predictably. We need to mix things up a little more. Teams are preparing for exactly how we like to play now.

It's hard to be critical of the Team given the season we're having but there was a lot wrong with yesterdays performance especially from Enzo and the players.

We were also a little unlucky with 2 goals going through players legs, But when you openly invite pressure that's always likely to happen.

If they are preparing for us based on us being so predictable, most of the league have done an absolute shit job on us.

42 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

It was one poor performance my friend.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Gone largely unsaid because of the result but the organisation around that stadium is ****ing terrible. Transport links dreadful, stewarding/policing dumb and parking woeful. 

Surely it makes sense to have a similar bus to/from the station or Nuneaton station like Stoke do for example? 

They aren't used to the occasion. 

I'm surprised there hasn't been much mentioned about the handball at 41 minutes not being given. KDH shot from outside the penalty area and it clearly hit Kitching's hand which was away from his body. It looked like the shot was on target so if you don't give handball for that, what do you give it for?

One of the lads we know was knocked out at the bottom of the stairs in the concourse by a fellow Leicester fan for saying calm down we’re top of the league to a guy late 40s early 50s who stated that was f#%king rubbish. 🤯

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

Weren't we actually 1-0 up at the time of the red card?

Our first half performance was very typical of this season. Coventry had a bit more zip and aggression about them, but we were keeping them at bay and conserving our energy for the second half. We then got the pen and were heading into half-time with a goal lead. Then Fatawu made that brainless challenge and everything changed in an instant.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

Weren't we actually 1-0 up at the time of the red card?

1-0 up before we went down to 10. 

For most part of the second half (albeit I didnt agree entirely with the tactics) we contained them very well. 

Moments before they equalised, Cannon nearly scored an exceptional turn and volley. If that went in, we win with ease. 

Horrible result in the end but not as bad as it suggests on paper. Nor as good (for them) as the Cov fans are suggesting. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Nor as good (for them) as the Cov fans are suggesting. 

I know people hate the xG discussions but when you consider Cov were facing 10 men. They won 1.38 to 1.15 on xG. 

Their first two goals were very low xG scorers - 0.09 and 0.03 - Godden's header was by far the most clear cut chance they created (0.26) and O'Hare's second goal (0.20). So when you consider those two chances contribute to 0.46 of their expected goals. Yeah it's one of them in retrospect. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Our first half performance was very typical of this season. Coventry had a bit more zip and aggression about them, but we were keeping them at bay and conserving our energy for the second half. We then got the pen and were heading into half-time with a goal lead. Then Fatawu made that brainless challenge and everything changed in an instant.

It was just a robust challenge. Yellow card at most.

• Like 1