Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Coventry away post match 3-1 defeat

3 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Starting line up was our strongest 11. Subs were a product of going narrow / low block. Think we were in a lose / lose regarding the subs. 

Personally I disagree, but footballs all about opinions. 

55 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Ref watch is the best comedy program on TV.

& as predicted Dermot says he thought it was a yellow also (Gusto) because he "slips into it, its not a nice tackle but i don't think its a red"

He loses control & lunges with studs up connecting straight on to a standing leg, they even go on to say Curtis Jones & Gusto himself have been sent off for similar challenges already this season :dunno:

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

& as predicted Dermot says he thought it was a yellow also (Gusto) because he "slips into it, its not a nice tackle but i don't think its a red"

He loses control & lunges with studs up connecting straight on to a standing leg, they even go on to say Curtis Jones & Gusto himself have been sent off for similar challenges already this season :dunno:

Comedy gold lol

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

Whether a red or not, we were beaten by the better side on the day. Cov were more ‘at it’ and on the front foot.

It happens, we won’t win every game, get used to it.

Now we need to bounce back with a better performance 

On 15/01/2024 at 09:35, Foxoffice said:

One of the lads we know was knocked out at the bottom of the stairs in the concourse by a fellow Leicester fan for saying calm down we’re top of the league to a guy late 40s early 50s who stated that was f#%king rubbish. 🤯

Is the lad okay ?

Presuming he was the same bloke I helped pick up on the way out and put his glasses together for  him.

Think  he’d traveled from Oxford 

• Thanks 1

On 15/01/2024 at 09:35, Foxoffice said:

One of the lads we know was knocked out at the bottom of the stairs in the concourse by a fellow Leicester fan for saying calm down we’re top of the league to a guy late 40s early 50s who stated that was f#%king rubbish. 🤯

There was a few things kicking off before and after the game, but I didn’t see any Leicester on Leicester aggro. This is appalling and needs reporting. Cov fans with their shitty banners aren’t the only ones that need banning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yorkshirefox said:

Is the lad okay ?

Presuming he was the same bloke I helped pick up on the way out and put his glasses together for  him.

Think  he’d traveled from Oxford 

Yeah that would be him, just really shaken up

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Whether a red or not, we were beaten by the better side on the day. Cov were more ‘at it’ and on the front foot.

It happens, we won’t win every game, get used to it.

Now we need to bounce back with a better performance 

I disagree with this 11 v 11 we wouldn’t have lost that game. Cov huffed and puffed without really being brilliant, and we needed the game to end ten minutes earlier than it did. 

• Like 4

On 14/01/2024 at 11:38, george55 said:

yea i have to agree no need for it cost foxes the game they were in full control of the game till that point but i also blame manager ad to take some of the blame for defending for full 45 minutes youd think there was 9 men playing you cant sit bk for that amount of time diffrent if your 2/3 up ,i dont rate fatawu anyway think he runs down that wing like a headless chicken

:jawdrop:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I disagree with this 11 v 11 we wouldn’t have lost that game. Cov huffed and puffed without really being brilliant, and we needed the game to end ten minutes earlier than it did. 

You can disagree all you want mate.

I thought we were well off it against Cov. The sending off obviously affected the outcome but I think the best we’d have come away with was a draw. 
Let them have their moment. They won’t get promoted.

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

This!

I thought we were off the pace, but we were 2 minutes away from going in at half time one up, get an Enzo speach and we'd have killed them off 2nd half.

First 10 mins of second half we had 2 great chances too didn't we. They just killed us off in the last 11 minutes once we'd ran out of steam and seemingly forgotten how to defend.

I'm with you, had we been 11 aside we'd have been fine 

• Like 3

Guest Kopfkino

Another game against a half decent side where we were just a bit shit. Managed to get a goal and don’t think they’d have got back into it 11v11 but we were utterly pathetic with 10 men - you can take the man out of Italy but not the Italian out of the man. With every game against a half decent team, I become less and less convinced by him.

Increasingly I enjoy the tactical side of football but everything else about it is losing me. Really might as well just give the game the suits when even fans think that either of the incidents in this game were sendings off. Fans whinge about refs and the rules but are more than happy to indulge it. Shame.

24 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Another game against a half decent side where we were just a bit shit. Managed to get a goal and don’t think they’d have got back into it 11v11 but we were utterly pathetic with 10 men - you can take the man out of Italy but not the Italian out of the man. With every game against a half decent team, I become less and less convinced by him.

Increasingly I enjoy the tactical side of football but everything else about it is losing me. Really might as well just give the game the suits when even fans think that either of the incidents in this game were sendings off. Fans whinge about refs and the rules but are more than happy to indulge it. Shame.

Wasn’t the coaches finest moment for sure 

Some strange tactics 10 v 11 

Cov did a job on us as they should have ran us ragged side to side with 10 men.20 mins left we needed any fresh legs available and we got Hamza with about 7 minutes left who looked right off the pace no concentration or intensity in his play.Probably could and should have got away with that 3 points but lesson learned hopefully

19 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I thought we were well off it against Cov. The sending off obviously affected the outcome but I think the best we’d have come away with was a draw. 

Robins has definitely got them more pumped up on both occasions. We can probably be thankful to come away from both fixtures with any points.

I hope they do go up to be fair, Robins has been magnificent for them and it'd be an incredible feat. I ended up watching the play off final with a Cov fan in Leeds last year and he was sound. Considering Vardy is earning about about 1/3 of their wage budget alone it's annoying how we've not been clearly better than them, save for a 15 minute spell at the end of the first game.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Col city fan said:

How many times have we looked 'off it' in the first halves of games this season? Quite a few times, I'd say. Our first half performance on Saturday was a typical Maresca first half - we weathered the early storm then started to dominate by keeping the ball. We've seen it so many times. In the second half we invariably get stronger as the opposition tire and we score lots of late goals. With eleven men we'd have created more opportunities in the second half as Coventry chased the game. There's no guarantee we'd have won, but that is the most likely outcome. It's a shame that Maresca responded to the red card by parking the bus - if we'd have shown just a bit more attacking intent, that game was winnable even with ten men.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Why anyone associated with LCFC would wish any success on any of the teams geographically nearby to us truly baffles my mind. I won't be happy until Notts Forest, Derby, Cov are all in the National League. 

Haha I like playing them to be honest, I much prefer having derby games.

There's only two entity's in football that I detest that much. Both of them are tiny, one has fake hair and the other has fake teeth.

I have said it a few times already.. bar 2/3 teams, the league is pretty shite..

we have not had to be great to win plenty of games.

but have also struggled against in your face teams that just aren’t prepared to stand there and let you pass it through them.

we’re a work in progress but are a mile off being a competitive PL team..

• Like 1