Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Coventry away post match 3-1 defeat

Just now, Collymore said:

Maresca really didn't handle the red card well tactically. Pretty concerning we had only one striker in the squad. 

To take off player of the month Mavadidi when Fatawu had been sent off was such a poor decision. 

We only have one striker left and we knew it would be this way back on August, nothing we can do about Vardy having an injury.

Just now, Muzzy_no7 said:

Don’t wanna hear anyone moaning about the ref. 

Today was shocking no matter how many we had on the pitch. Enzo and the players have a lot to answer for today.

When will 60-70% of our fanbase wake up and realise that this is THE Derby? 

Derby and Forest hate eachother. 

Cov hate us the most, let’s hate them the most ayy?! 

For it to be a derby they have to be slightly more relevant than the SDP. I've got stronger emotions towards tap water than I do towards some city that was last relevant in the 40s that hosts a team that hasn't done anything since the 80s.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

It is rare I blame referees, but he was certainly the villain of the piece today.

Ref was an absolute disgrace. I called all his inept decisions in advance of him making them. Should have sent off their lad for almost decapitating KDH and Palmer too, who Robins was sensible enough to substitute. Then books Winks moments later for something far less. Also, when Cov got the lead, I guarantee injury time went from 6 to 4. Joke of a ref and I would say corrupt 

Think this shows of team come at us, its gonna hurt us. Need to be more composed in game like this slow it down and make it our own. From what I seen they had a lot of the game today 10 men or 11 but hay ho we win some we lose some would take a hit now then when teams are 2 points behind us personally. Time to focus on the next game and get back to winning ways

Oh well

They win in their cup final and we unfortunately lose what is going to end up being nothing more than another game in our year long holiday in the Championship

We still beat them at our place anyway

On to Ipswich!

• Like 2

To be honest I find this defeat surprisingly easy to take.

We were mediocre first half.

Referee correct to send of Fats.

Never looked like holding out second half and once they equalised we were always losing that game.

And I don't really care about Coventry. 

• Like 1

Disappointing considering we kept them out well for the first 30 mins of the second half. What it shows is we really miss ndidi. Casadei is 50/50 whether he does something good, something bad, wins the ball, loses the ball etc. Need a number 8 brought in ASAP. Justin looked poor as did Mavididi ( really need some competition at LW), even with 11 men they were the better team. Need a big response against Ipswich. 

Just now, BigGibbo said:

Game was ruined by an overzealous challenge and overzealous refereeing of said challenge.

Having said that though; as I've maintained all season, the second our defence is put under sustained pressure it folds just as dramatically as last season.

No doubt if we will need new centre backs in the premier, the current ones just stop gaps for championship 

Abdul and Enzo to blame there. Pathetic challenge in the first half which was completely not required. The manager completely fell apart there. No idea what his plan was. We needed pace. Taking mav off was ridiculous especially when the only other winger in the squad with pace haf been sent off.

Losing to shite like that is difficult to take.

We also need to start offering more in the first halves of games. We create very little.

• Like 1

Was always going to happen when we went down to ten unfortunately. Silly tackle that was so unnecessary at the time of the game and where the ball was. Taking mavadidi off killed anything we could have going forward to pick them off on the counter . Should have take casadei off for hamza as well. Think with 11 we win that . Ugh frustrating but again we wasn’t going to win every game for the rest of the season. Would be nice for a few results to go our way today . Onto the next and to 3 points against Ipswich please 

• Like 1

Red card changed it, obviously, but to only make one change in the second half was madness.

KDH and Casadei in particular were knackered and we didn’t freshen it up. Albrighton, Coady or Akgun would have strengthened us in those final 10 minutes.

We lost a game, so this thread will go to 20 pages pretty quickly. Red card changed the game and i think Enzo showed his inexperience with it. Went to shut up shop and we resorted to parking the bus. 

Its a harsh reminder what football is about. Coventry are in a purple patch and we didn't turn up. Crap to lose 3 goals. They deserve it. We just have to do our job to stay at the top of the table.

I'm a bit confused by the subs as we had no attacking intent in the 2nd half. We've had enough good times this year to not let a defeat bother me.

• Thanks 1