Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Coventry away post match 3-1 defeat

First game I've watched this season where I've genuinely been fuming.

Yes, the referee was diabolical.. although Abdul massively fvcked up.

But I think we were appalling all game. Created near on nothing before the penalty  and then got it all wrong after the red card. Sitting back like we did wasn't right, that's on Enzo.

I felt like when we got the pen all we had to do was go in at half time as we were and we'd have come out and battered them.

Defence was poor from the start. 3-1 flatters the scabby cvnts imo, who need to take into account they were a man up and a ref up for 45 mins. 

Just need to forget this one and move on to Ipswich and bounce back without Abdul and wilf, and Enzo on the side 

Just one of those I wished I'd have avoided

• Like 1

Not a penalty not a red card ref just evened it up … Enzo had a bit of a mare … surely Albrighton should have come on , Hamza for Cannon just let them put more men forward bizarre substitution … had to lose at some point 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Always going to be tough with 10 men for so long, manager was slow with his subs but we are still top and over to the chasing teams now.

I know, but I look at that bench and wonder who he’s supposed to bring on and for who? 

Even at 2-1 he kept it as is.

There was no physical presence on it apart from defenders. 

I may have gone Coady for Perrira as soon as Simms came on, but they scored as soon as that happened.

Akgun would have been too light weight to bring in in midfield, no strikers.

I think Enzo goes to the board and requests reinforcements on the back of this.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Game changed on the red card, needless and pointless lunging in like that and Fatawu has to learn.

We're still top of the league!

I wouldn't blame fatawu. We're had loads of chances to create scoring opportunities with canon making runs but we choose not to play forward passes and instead keeping a high risk low return strategy of passing it around our own box. 

Coventry we're there for the taking with their high press but we choose to try and not score and keep the ball the whole game.

• Like 2

Just now, kingfox said:

Should have kept Cannon on for the full 90 imo, we needed an outlet to get us up the pitch, as soon as he went off we were asking for trouble. 

In an ideal world, yes, but don’t forget he’s a young lad only just back from injury and the only striker we have fit and available.

4 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

We were shite first half. That 2nd half performance was inept from top to bottom. Poor management. Unfortunately got what we deserved. 

Against the run of play, certainly meaningful attacking play, we scored.  Second best team first half then threw our lead away in a moment of stupidity!!!

Second half, chasing throughout you have to be very lucky to hold on and in the end we got the stuffing we deserved.

My only concern is we weren't up for this game from the off, the way they were.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

The reason why people don't want VAR is because they can get away with things with out it.

If VAR is in place it stops Refs cheating.

Palmer would of been sent off. 

Leicester wouldn't of had a penalty.

Fatawu would of been on a yellow card...

Trouble is it doesn't you just get 2 refs cheating instead of one. I like VAR as a concept but refs in this country especially in the prem are incompetent and corrupt and until that is fixed it will never work properly 

• Like 2

Enzo's tactics totally baffling second half - you need a threat on the counter when you're down to 10. Also wonder if it was a good idea to rest so many players last week. It meant most of our players had not played for almost 2 weeks before today and that perhaps explains how sloppy and off the pace we looked, even in the first half with 11 men. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

The reason why people don't want VAR is because they can get away with things with out it.

If VAR is in place it stops Refs cheating.

Palmer would of been sent off. 

Leicester wouldn't of had a penalty.

Fatawu would of been on a yellow card...

We'd have a penalty still.

• Like 1

Never a red, but a stupid challenge. 
They looked well up for it physically. We didn’t. 
Enzo probably needed to make 2nd half changes sooner than the 83rd minute (other than the half time change). We looked knackered. 

But **** it and **** them.
We’re still walking the league. 

We will be dominated by teams in the Prem. If we set up like that we’ll be lambs to the slaughter. All good dominating crap teams in the Champo but we need to work out a game plan off the ball. Shocking 2nd half today. I’ll take it on the chin cos we’ve been brilliant this season, but we need to have one eye on next season now. No funds in Jan now apparently obviously Top not learned lessons of last season.

• Like 1