Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Coventry away post match 3-1 defeat

1 minute ago, Filberts lovechild said:

We will be dominated by teams in the Prem. If we set up like that we’ll be lambs to the slaughter. All good dominating crap teams in the Champo but we need to work out a game plan off the ball. Shocking 2nd half today. I’ll take it on the chin cos we’ve been brilliant this season, but we need to have one eye on next season now. No funds in Jan now apparently obviously Top not learned lessons of last season.

Totally agree 100000000%
How we lost to these scumbag bastards , with the banners on the motorway aswell , hate em 

Cov played like they wanted to win. We played, (first half), like we expected to win. No complaints. Hungriest team, on the day, won. That was Enzo-ball towards its worst. Second half we gave up and didn’t even try to play - but first-half was grim and set the tone. Ipswich game is now raised in importance.  

• Like 1

Cannon should have been told to stand on the halfway line 2nd half. We ceded possession and therefore our entire game to them. They celebrated when they saw Canon coming off for Hamza because they knew we were trying for the draw. Absolutely rank. Doesn’t help with the utterly ineffectual Casadei in midfield, but at least today he wasn’t alone in being utter shite. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

Game was ruined by an overzealous challenge and overzealous refereeing of said challenge.

Having said that though; as I've maintained all season, the second our defence is put under sustained pressure it folds just as dramatically as last season.

I just don’t see how you can get that from watching us. Cov had the better of the game and the ball for the first 20 mins and we didn’t fold, dramatically or otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

We will be dominated by teams in the Prem. If we set up like that we’ll be lambs to the slaughter. All good dominating crap teams in the Champo but we need to work out a game plan off the ball. Shocking 2nd half today. I’ll take it on the chin cos we’ve been brilliant this season, but we need to have one eye on next season now. No funds in Jan now apparently obviously Top not learned lessons of last season.

The two 8’s are the key. Ndidi and KDH are very good off the ball at this level and we’ll need to sign two CM’s of a similar profile next season.

We were soundly beaten in the end, regardless of the circumstances, it is a sting to lose to Cov like this, and watching OHare run around like he has just been awarded the Ballon- D'or, is annoying.

None of our team come away with any credit today, and hopefully it's a learning curve for everyone, Fatawu especially, regardless of poor refereeing we as a team were poor today, end of.

Well, I think that was inevitable. 

If we kept 11 on the pitch, I think we would have won convincingly.

Parking the bus with 10 men against an in form team is never going to end well.

Coventry celebrating like they've won the league was a bit cringe.

Never mind, on to the next.

• Like 1

Just now, Chelmofox said:

So many names in this thread i've not seen for a while :) 

Those of you comparing Enzo to Brendan need to give your heads a wobble. 

Right!! I mean, we know some of them don't actually support us, but it's worrying that some of them claim to. 

3 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

It’s not that Top hasn’t got the money, the new FFP rules mean we can’t just buy players. A 3 year set of accounts that will  2 years of losses combined with a 3rd year relegation means things are tight. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Abdul's form has just dipped so a few games off might not be the worst thing for him that said I wonder if we'll appeal

No it hasn't ?! He has assisted in the last couple. 

No chance we appeal it, it's a red in the modern game. 

He is young and passionate, he will learn 

• Like 3

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

The 'we were awful all game' people... genuinely need to know if you've actually watched us at all this season? Or is it just the sky games. 

Been to and/or watched us on TV all season. Missed 2 games I think

Notoriously slow in first half but today I felt we were off it. Was never going to be easy with it being their cup final, but we were extra sloppy with keeping the ball and positionally defensively.

Went one up and had to get to half time, then I felt the usual second half battering was coming on outside. 

Abdul messed up.. young and it happens

Enzo got his tactics wrong 

I do however feel its on the ref too   he was terrible. He thought he'd evened up the pen by putting us a man down.. how palmer who must've committed 5 fouls in the second half stayed on the pitch until subbed I don't know.

When they subbed him I said to my son, that's our opportunity to even the numbers up gone.

What frustrated me wasn't necessarily the loss given the circumstances  it was how we lost.

We made challenges all game, but for the equaliser we just backed off and then after that gave up 

That being said we'll still be at least 10 clear of third so we're entitled to a sh1t show.. hopefully it's just the one

Simple mistakes for their second and third goals. We were hanging on to the lead with the Hamza on for Cannon sub, all the momentum for Cov to attack and we didn't defend well enough.

If Fatawu didn't see red I'm certain we'd have remained the better side. Disappointing we've gone away to yet another local derby to lose. Didn't manage to get Forest in the Cup or Prem. Love us to assert ourselves on the local scruffs more.

We have experienced pretty much everything you can imagine footballing wise supporting Leicester 

A loss against Coventry will be forgotten about come Monday 

They haven't had alot to shout about over the last 25 years or so, so let them have the moment 

• Like 2