Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Coventry away post match 3-1 defeat

Love Enzo and what he's brought to the club, but that was poor today.

Silly red card which gave the ref a decision to make , 1 minute before half time.

Sitting deep to play on the counter was expected but not executed very well though.

Don't know how Casadei stayed on all game , not blaming him for the result but we needed pace, stamina and strength to stretch their defence as they pushed forward for an equaliser.

We'll move on and they'll be better days ahead.

We always play quite shit against Cov though for some reason, maybe they drag us down to their level.

Ruined my Saturday and there's a Cov t##t that goes in the pub , so I doubt I'll go for a pint now😕

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nettle said:

Mavididi needed to stay on for the counter attacking threat. 

Agreed, but how do you cover the right hand side then? 

Move Mav across? 

Play 3 across the middle - Casadei, Winks, KDH with Mav covering a hole when needed.

The lack of a regular out ball killed us.

Tell you what, I loathe these early kick offs they totally ruin your weekend if it goes wrong and it is a big fillip for our rivals. Annoying.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

:unsure:

So...

Let me get this straight...

You believe a defender can get a red card in their own penalty area without conceding a penalty?

:dunno:

He’s saying he didn’t think it was a penalty and that Abdul’s red card was a red card.

Whilst I can't name a player who played particularly great, I don't think anyone was particularly bad.

We lost down to them having the extra man. They have quality and we allowed them to use it with that extra man.

Like others have said, it will be forgotten about come next week.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Sheff Wed was worse

Disagree. This is the worst the manager and the players have performed all season. Enzo foolish to get a yellow card as well which means he can't be on the pitch against 2nd in the table. Poor all round.

It happens. 

What matters now is how we respond.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Games at this level are over once someone's sent off, not worth too much discussion tbh. 

Need to win 5 or 6 on the spin now.

Yep, absolutely Hull got Morton sent off at Sheff Wed and they were summarily thrashed - game over.

11 v 11 we win that game 100 times out of 100.  Us receiving a red card with half the game to play was literally the only way they get anything from the game.

In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter so we move on.

5 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

:unsure:

So...

Let me get this straight...

You believe a defender can get a red card in their own penalty area without conceding a penalty?

:dunno:

Are you ****ing stupid?

Palmer got the ball first and was clear when he got the ball however the follow through was reckless and dangerous with studs up above the knee.

That's means the initial challenge was clean however the follow through was dangerous therefore a red card.

17 minutes ago, danny2997 said:

One is a red, one is not. It's not the one you think!

20240113_143822.jpg

Abdul’s was a yellow nothing more, but it is a clumsy challenge and no need to make the ref make the call. Didn’t understand why he felt the need to go for it really, no danger. 

On the ref, I think the penalty was the right decision. A red would have been harsh, but if you're as quick with the red for dangerous play with Fatawu - which, again, was an understandable decision for a totally dumb challenge - then you have to be consistent. There were one or two other out of control tackles which could have been punished more severely. And there's a serious argument that Palmer needed a second yellow too, so on balance the big decisions didn't favour us.

The occasion got to England, as it did one or two of our players. Mavididi and Faes (who had an absolute stinker, for me - and was responsible for both surrendering possession for their third AND failing to get back to defend the ball in) were sloppy from the off. Just not awake and alert enough. I wouldn't be surprised if Stephy had an ear-bashing and was taken off because he simply hadn't been up for it.

Regarding Maresca - he basically nullified our countering threat by removing the last of our pace and then our only remaining attacker (unless you count Kasey as a serious threat!). The decision to introduce Hamza seemed slow in coming, though I have to say that he was very poor when he did come on.

1 minute ago, OadbyBlue said:

Enzo criticism is very harsh. 45 minutes plying with 10 men defending a 1 goal lead puts the odds against the best of sides and managers. Only a 5th of games are won by a team with a red, and that’s at any time.

I wouldn't overly criticise him but I was surprised he didn't bring Hamza on at least 10 mins earlier than he did and maybe 1 or 2 others with fresher legs too.

• Like 1