Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Ipswich Home

4 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

KDH was on football focus and there was no indication that he wouldn't be playing against Ipswich. He'll be desperate to play, so unless there is a serious risk with him (not a muscle injury so unlikely), I think he'll play. Casadeis recall may force us to play him. Mcateer will be needed on the wing to replace Fatawu so that leaves us with Yunus, Praet (if fit), Hamza and maybe moving Ricardo forward, but I can't see Enzo moving Ricardo forward as he likes him in the inverted full back role 

I highly doubt that the KDH feature was filmed this week (hopefully I'm wrong). Not sure stretching over a snooker table would be part of his recovery. 

On 16/01/2024 at 19:06, Stevosevic said:

Well it would be 2 games then and a tricky run to come and a gap down to 4 points.

There would absolutely be more pressure applied. 

Agree it’s like some people don’t realise how important momentum is in football

11 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

I highly doubt that the KDH feature was filmed this week (hopefully I'm wrong). Not sure stretching over a snooker table would be part of his recovery. 

Was definitely filmed earlier this week. Mark Selby even referenced the Ipswich game plus KDH posted the shoot on his story this week

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MPH said:

im sorry mate but you are thinking like a pub team manager.

Which is handy because for the past 12 months Chelsea have played like a pub team.

He has qualities Fernández, Caicedo and Gallagher don't have. One of which is his ability to arrive for crosses. That's it really. 

Who's round is it....

Edited by FosseSpark
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, FosseSpark said:

Which is handy because for the past 12 months Chelsea have played like a pub team.

He has qualities Fernández, Caicedo and Gallagher don't have. One of which is his ability to arrive for crosses. That's it really. 

Who's round is it....

And you think that’s the way forward for them? To carry on that way?

I mean, they are 9th and want to improve and if the only thing he’s got going for him is his ability to arrive  in the box, I’d suggest it would be a massive  backwards step…

7 points is not a massive margin, it only leaves us at best 3 games for the other team(s) to catch us up, 10 points you can be relaxed a bit, would see us get promotion on game week 40-41 imo.

We need a big performance on Monday, go for the jugular.

11 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I hate this waiting around for a Monday night kick off

I've had to talk to the family this weekend and everything 

It was all good for me, lined up to play rugby this weekend. Then it was called off due to frozen pitch.

So I got to put up some blinds in the kitchen instead...I feel your pain.

• Haha 1

This is a huge game. I think we can reasonably assume that with Southampton's fixture list and the momentum they've currently got, that they'll be pushing us between now and mid March. 

We do not want other clubs also pushing close to us if we can help it. Beating Ipswich tomorrow keeps them at bay and then we have winnable fixtures up until we play Leeds away. I do feel like we need some big performances and results from the remaining games against the top 4, it's the one big question mark so far for me.

Start with a win tomorrow please.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This is a huge game. I think we can reasonably assume that with Southampton's fixture list and the momentum they've currently got, that they'll be pushing us between now and mid March. 

Fixture list for us and Saints is really interesting. If we can still be above them following our match on March 16th, then I'm really confident we have a great run in and win the league. Saints have a fixture list until then that could really see them rack serious points up.

30 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Fixture list for us and Saints is really interesting. If we can still be above them following our match on March 16th, then I'm really confident we have a great run in and win the league. Saints have a fixture list until then that could really see them rack serious points up.

Yeah, my only concern is how we deal with our 10+ point lead being wiped out (if that happens before Southampton's tough run and our easier run in). 

Pressure would have mounted and I'm also concerned about our squad, we need 1 or 2 in this month to deal with the rest of the season.

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, my only concern is how we deal with our 10+ point lead being wiped out (if that happens before Southampton's tough run and our easier run in). 

Pressure would have mounted and I'm also concerned about our squad, we need 1 or 2 in this month to deal with the rest of the season.

We've lost 1 game in our last 10...... with 10 men and some dubious refereeing decisions.

Definitely no need for panic stations and talk of leads being wiped out. Over the course of Saints 20 game run they've picked up 1 point more than us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

We've lost 1 game in our last 10...... with 10 men and some dubious refereeing decisions.

Definitely no need for panic stations and talk of leads being wiped out. Over the course of Saints 20 game run they've picked up 1 point more than us.

Agreed. But I repeat, we are several players down and especially in Central midfield we look vulnerable. That needs to be corrected this month, if it isn't and we do struggle then it's unforgivable.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

We need to strengthen the team with Ndidi out it’s imperative.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

They’ve scored 3 goals in their last 5 league games. Getting a clean sheet will be vital and should be a clear aim. You’d think that we would nick a goal or two. 

I also didn't realise that they've got more players out than us, in key positions.

15 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

442, jumpers for goal posts, big lad up front, lovely.

Wiping dog sh*t off the ball, getting your mate to do the line, it ain't my turn to wash the kit, pint n chips after. Lovely 🤣

• Like 1

KDH is a red herring for me. Enzo trying to make a point about how poor the tackle was and how he wants a CM in. Then Chelsea came along and complicated that further. 

If he’s doubtful earlier this week, it’s something as ‘simple’ as bruising or a dead leg 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

KDH is a red herring for me. Enzo trying to make a point about how poor the tackle was and how he wants a CM in. Then Chelsea came along and complicated that further. 

If he’s doubtful earlier this week, it’s something as ‘simple’ as bruising or a dead leg 

Yeah these are my thoughts. I'll be amazed if he's not starting.