Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Ipswich Home

28 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I liked Casadei but if we just put Praet in his place and Casadei on the bench on Monday, I don't think anyone would be panicking we'd lose the game. Sensi is on his way. 

Help is on the way dearrrrrrrrr

Presume you have a horrible hangover or something? The same Praet who has only managed 50 mins of football since August?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Presume you have a horrible hangover or something? The same Praet who has only managed 50 mins of football since August?

Mh, if he's match fit I wouldn't consider him a massive downgrade on Casadei tbh. He's much neater in possession at very least. 

Wouldn't be my choice. 

I'd probably put Hamza at RB, Ricardo up in Wilf's position and Akgun on the wing. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Mh, if he's match fit I wouldn't consider him a massive downgrade on Casadei tbh. He's much neater in possession at very least. 

Wouldn't be my choice. 

I'd probably put Hamza at RB, Ricardo up in Wilf's position and Akgun on the wing. 

We’ll see. I have concerns about using Ricardo in a more advanced role (injury record) so Praet might be the only choice tomorrow. But even if he’s physically fit, his match fitness is going to be well off, and then there is the question of if he even gives a stuff. It’s a really crap situation to find ourselves in.

So no doubt Praet scores a brace and gets an assist tomorrow to start the next reception arc. 

….…..

nah!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

We’ll see. I have concerns about using Ricardo in a more advanced role (injury record) so Praet might be the only choice tomorrow. But even if he’s physically fit, his match fitness is going to be well off, and then there is the question of if he even gives a stuff. It’s a really crap situation to find ourselves in.

So no doubt Praet scores a brace and gets an assist tomorrow to start the next reception arc. 

….…..

nah!

Not sure how Ricardo is a bigger injury risk playing CM than CDM for a match tbh. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If he's neater in possession that's because he doesn't play any positive passes (awaits Brentford clear mishit as that's all anyones got). Plus he is absolutely spent after 10/15 minutes of any football match (his legs genuinely start giving way), can't be a better option to start than Casadei who was starting for force himself on games and put himself about more, something Praet never has.. always happy to coast.

25 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Not sure how Ricardo is a bigger injury risk playing CM than CDM for a match tbh. 

Maybe not. Because of how we like to control possession its more physically demanding in those advanced roles, but then parking the bus against Cov would have been demanding on him. Personally like to keep him where he is. 

Hermansen, Ricardo, Faes, Vestergaard, Justin, Winks, Yunus, KDH, Mcateer, Mavididi, Cannon. 

Providing KDH is fit, which I reckon he will be, this is probably the strongest side, or put Praet in for Yunus. Either way, other than Vardy, we won't have much in the way of attacking options on the bench. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Hermansen, Ricardo, Faes, Vestergaard, Justin, Winks, Yunus, KDH, Mcateer, Mavididi, Cannon. 

Providing KDH is fit, which I reckon he will be, this is probably the strongest side, or put Praet in for Yunus. Either way, other than Vardy, we won't have much in the way of attacking options on the bench. 

That’s enough to beat Ipswich for sure 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Mark said:

If he's neater in possession that's because he doesn't play any positive passes (awaits Brentford clear mishit as that's all anyones got). Plus he is absolutely spent after 10/15 minutes of any football match (his legs genuinely start giving way), can't be a better option to start than Casadei who was starting for force himself on games and put himself about more, something Praet never has.. always happy to coast.

It wasn't meant so much as a compliment to Praet, more about how much Casadei gives the ball away often quite dangerously to be honest. I've said a couple of times, I quite liked Casadei and I'm not stoked to see him go but I don't think he's up to the pace of the English game yet.

Praet at least is even if he's not exactly all that effective. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Thought Alves had gotten a few mins with them? And he's been training with the first team. 

1 game all season and that was in the first week of December hardly preparation for playing 2nd in the league.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

Feels weird to say but you can't exactly rely on where our goals are going to cone from. Can be a positive because they can come from all over but eitb Casadei gone and KDH a doubt, Fatawu suspended that leaves us 3 short of a goal threat. 

36 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Hopefully, KDH is fit, I think Mcateer will play the 8 role with Albrighton on the right wing. If KDH doesn't make it I think Yunus will feature. Can't see Enzo relying on  Praet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, messerschmitt said:

Hopefully, KDH is fit, I think Mcateer will play the 8 role with Albrighton on the right wing. If KDH doesn't make it I think Yunus will feature. Can't see Enzo relying on  Praet.

If albrighton is fit this is the way I would go. I think cannon would enjoy his early delivery into the box and I think he would link up well with kasey inside. Mcateer is an intelligent player and I can see him doing well in that role plus he is decent in the air. I think Enzo may start with Yunus or Praet though in that 8 role to start but I can see albrighton coming on second half. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Feels weird to say but you can't exactly rely on where our goals are going to cone from. Can be a positive because they can come from all over but eitb Casadei gone and KDH a doubt, Fatawu suspended that leaves us 3 short of a goal threat. 

I think KDH will be involved. Fatawu is a miss, but not sure Casadei will be.

Vardy is fit too.