Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Ipswich Home

14 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

Never thought that statement would be true. 

We have enough decent players available and if they play well.we win. That’s the key we need majority of them to be on it tomorrow if not we won’t. 

Pretty sure the whole club will be fired up and full of intent after the Cov game, we do seem to bounce back well, 

10 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Getting quite excited for this one now. I don’t think it’s doomsday if we don’t win but I think we are very nearly there if we do. Not in terms of the title but in terms of promotion. 10 points ahead of a depleted Ipswich team is a huge ask for them. 

Completely agree. Biggest game of the season. Not just point wise but also psychologically to go so clear of Southampton Ipswich and Leeds will be massive. 

• Like 1

Surely the lads have to be up for this? After last weekends debacle, everything can be out to bed with a win here. And it’s about time we just went for a team and savaged them. This is the best squad on paper, and Enzo needs to let them go for it tonight, they won’t be able to handle our attack if we properly go for it. 

A win tonight I think gets one finger on the promotion party. 

Interesting match up this is. Both teams likely to be without some key players, especially in central midfield. 

Does Doyle come back in to give us better passing angles out of their press and his diagonal long balls up to McAteer and Cannon have borne fruit this season. However he'll be targeted by their strength out wide.

I'm not sure what we're best to do in the middle of the park, I'm going to presume KDH will make it as otherwise it's a scary prospect. I quite like the ide of McAteer in the 8 with someone trusted like Albrighton out wide, but then again Yunus seems to have freed up Cannon really well in the games vs Huddersfield and Millwall. I just struggle to envisage a midfield of KDH and Yunus, certainly not against 2nd in the league. 

He's not yet done it this season but Winks could always move forward and Hamza anchor the midfield alongside Ricardo, who himself might be used as the 8. So many options, despite us badly needing at least 1 new central midfielder through the door.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Getting quite excited for this one now. I don’t think it’s doomsday if we don’t win but I think we are very nearly there if we do. Not in terms of the title but in terms of promotion. 10 points ahead of a depleted Ipswich team is a huge ask for them. 

We're pretty depleted ourselves aren't we? Daka and Nacho gone, Ndidi out, Fatawu suspended, Vardy and Praet not match fit, KDH a doubt

12 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

We're pretty depleted ourselves aren't we? Daka and Nacho gone, Ndidi out, Fatawu suspended, Vardy and Praet not match fit, KDH a doubt

Difference is, we have a lot more depth. They look likely to start Kayden Jackson, we'll be starting a lad we spent a decent amount of cash on instead of Daka, Iheanacho or Vardy.

Justin won’t invert. He’d have never converted Hamza to that role in the first place if he fancied Justin there.

Think there’s a good chance Hamza starts tonight and Ricardo plays as an 8. Hopefully  KDH is fit. 

Edited by Aleksz

I think we will shithouse a win tonight but it won't be pretty.

Worst case scenario we are still 4 points clear at the top of the league with first team players still to come back into the squad.

Best case scenario we smash the team that have been breaking records with us and sit 10 points clear.  A solid win here and I don't see anyone catching us for the automatics.

We've not been through much adversity at all this season, this is a different test. We can't moan about missing players because this is a squad still much stronger than Ipswich's

• Like 2

Just feels like one of those knife-edge sliding doors moments. Lose this and suddenly we're potentially in "bottling it" territory and Rodgers showed us what that looked like all too often. Saints are absolutely flying, Leeds are more hit than miss recently and we're looking a bit wobbly. Yes, I know we're missing players, but if we start a losing habit, we know from experience how hard it is to break that habit. A win is most important, but it'd be nice to couple that with a decent performance rather than a "how the fcuk did we win that" feeling after the game. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Flappit said:

Just feels like one of those knife-edge sliding doors moments. Lose this and suddenly we're potentially in "bottling it" territory and Rodgers showed us what that looked like all too often. Saints are absolutely flying, Leeds are more hit than miss recently and we're looking a bit wobbly. Yes, I know we're missing players, but if we start a losing habit, we know from experience how hard it is to break that habit. A win is most important, but it'd be nice to couple that with a decent performance rather than a "how the fcuk did we win that" feeling after the game. 

All I would say though is that Enzo has almost completely eradicated any stink of Rodgers. 

And those players that weren't invested due to their contract/transfer situation (Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes, Castagne, Mendy, Perez etc) have left and any players that are still around are either out of the team/on loan (Ward, Iversen, Praet, Soumare, Souttar, Kristiansen) or were never part of the problem anyhow (Ndidi, Ricardo, Nacho) 

• Like 1

Arguably, it's a more important game for them than us. Lose and they now have to make ground on Southampton and have Leeds breathing down their necks. Win, and they give themselves some breathing space.

Its still very important for us, but lose and we are still 7 points ahead of 3rd. 

I think nerves will play a part tonight.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Stadt said:

We've not been through much adversity at all this season, this is a different test. We can't moan about missing players because this is a squad still much stronger than Ipswich's

Crowd should be picking up the slack. 

In this league, if your team can fight, win the second ball a lot and take advantage on the transition you'll be fine. I worry we might have had that slightly coached out of us due to the system we've adopted. At times needs must - 10 wins gets us there.

The build-up to this game as just confirmed why my interest has been off with us this season. I am still pissed off about last season and how its aftermath still exists. We have all these advantages in our favour this season. A failure to use that is a sign of how bad the leadership within the club is. With a parachute payment underwriting some of this seasons loss, here we are in January still scratching around transfer wise because we have a wage bill that is unsustainable without a major financial transfer (or two) every financial year and the addition of PL TV revenues.

If we cock this up, it's major shit creek financially. All those groans about Rudkin be elementary. All chatter about not letting players cos of FFP considerations not worth the time. Because we need them off the wage bill to keep the club functioning, let alone FFP - particularly as any outgoings market value will be reduced.

Yeah you can tell I was up at 7am this morning on the phone and e-mails because one of the roofs on a project I managed two years ago came off lol 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

All I would say though is that Enzo has almost completely eradicated any stink of Rodgers. 

And those players that weren't invested due to their contract/transfer situation (Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes, Castagne, Mendy, Perez etc) have left and any players that are still around are either out of the team/on loan (Ward, Iversen, Praet, Soumare, Souttar, Kristiansen) or were never part of the problem anyhow (Ndidi, Ricardo, Nacho) 

Hmmm I am slightly uneasy with that. 

He's shown reluctance to alter from a system when it isn't work, he's had a dig about transfers and his team so far are coming up short in big, tension games looking a bit soft. 

His personality is completely different but he's showing a similar stubborn streak. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1