Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Ipswich Home

Tight cagey affair. Particularly at home we seem content on taking our time to feel our way in to a game. Unfortunately the opposition don't so i expect Ipswich to come out strong here. Would like to see us more attack minded early on and set a tone. Not sure that's Enzo's view mind! A hard fought 2-1 win for me.

I'd just like to see us look somewhat up for the game and actually have a good go at Ipswich tonight. They're weakened, our squad is much stronger. 

Would love to just see a strong performance where we create plenty and put them under the cosh. A statement performance on TV just as people are starting to wonder if cracks are appearing, the timing of the opportunity is great.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

is it a sellout?

Ipswich have sold out the away end if that counts. 8pm on a Monday night is absolutely shite time for a football match. I imagine alot of people with kids will choose to watch it on TV.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Ipswich have sold out the away end if that counts. 8pm on a Monday night is absolutely shite time for a football match. I imagine alot of people with kids will choose to watch it on TV.

Exactly this. Was really looking forward to this one but the time just doesn't suit my kids. Sky it is

4 minutes ago, WoodyFox said:

Got a bad feeling about this one but hoping the ground, atmosphere and performance is half full rather than half empty! 

Yep I know what you mean, 21 wins from 27 games and 7 points clear of 2nd with a game in hand gives me no confidence at all that we can beat a former league 1 side at home, in the slightest

• Haha 4

Expecting something like the below. Akgun was primarily a RW before we signed him, be good to see him get a run of games there now Fatawu is out. Still have the likes of McAteer, Vardy, Albrighton and Praet on the bench to change things up.

Hermansen 

Faes - Vestergaard - Doyle 

Hamza - Winks 

Akgun - Ricardo - KDH - Mavididi

Cannon

21 minutes ago, coalvillefox said:

Yep I know what you mean, 21 wins from 27 games and 7 points clear of 2nd with a game in hand gives me no confidence at all that we can beat a former league 1 side at home, in the slightest

Glad we're on the same page

16 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Expecting something like the below. Akgun was primarily a RW before we signed him, be good to see him get a run of games there now Fatawu is out. Still have the likes of McAteer, Vardy, Albrighton and Praet on the bench to change things up.

Hermansen 

Hamza - Winks 

Cannon

Enzo has been quite consistent with team selection so I just can’t see him playing Ricky P in a more advanced midfield role. I think that will either be Akgun or Praet, but probably the former. McAteer likely to play wide right. 

Not what I necessarily want just what I think EM will do. I also have a thought he might start Vardy but, if not, it will be Vardy for Cannon after 60 odd minutes 

19 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Hermansen 

Hamza - Winks 

Cannon

This is personally what I would play, yeah.

Think it's probably the best use of the tools at our disposal. Wouldn't be surprised if it's Albrighton at RW, Akgun at CM and Ricardo in his usual position though.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

This is personally what I would play, yeah.

Think it's probably the best use of the tools at our disposal. Wouldn't be surprised if it's Albrighton at RW, Akgun at CM and Ricardo in his usual position though.

I'd probably go with the latter that brings Albrighton in, purely for the professionalism and mindset that he should hopefully instill in the rest of the team.

Some games you need big personalities and this is one of them where I'd opt with Marcy Marc.

Enzo is pretty in love with McAteer though so I'd be shocked if he doesn't start.

35 minutes ago, Jam orton said:

KDH will be fit and ready to start tonight. Can see us turning up tonight after the Coventry defeat. Hopefully get Sensi signed before the cup game. 

2 out of 3 I reckon

Edited by ramadaone

39 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Can't go tonight due to work committments, and can't list my season ticket for resale? Have I missed a deadline or something. Season ticket wasted for tonight then. 

Not sure there is a deadline? Are you logged in? 

39 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Can't go tonight due to work committments, and can't list my season ticket for resale? Have I missed a deadline or something. Season ticket wasted for tonight then. 

I'll have it for free if you meet me down an alley way in New Parks 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

I agree with your sliding doors comment, but are we really looking 'a bit wobbly'? We're second in the form table over the last 10 games, only a point behind Southampton despite their record-breaking run. If Fatawu hadn't been sent off against Coventry, we'd likely be top of that form table. Yes, tonight is a massive game, but we're hardly approaching it from a position of weakness...

I see your point. What I mean is that (and it's a good habit) we're winning games sometimes when arguably we've been a bit lucky with the opponents missing clear chances, or we've been a bit spawny.  It's hard to articulate, as it's always subjective, but I'd like to see us properly dominate teams more than I feel we do. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, coalvillefox said:

Well that kind of statement is just asking for the football gods to smite us, isn't it!?