Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Ipswich Home

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

Can't go tonight due to work committments, and can't list my season ticket for resale? Have I missed a deadline or something. Season ticket wasted for tonight then. 

give it to a mate or family member

• Like 1

Can't go tonight due to work committments, and can't list my season ticket for resale? Have I missed a deadline or something. Season ticket wasted for tonight then. 

Did there used to be something about the number of tickets sold to determine if its allowed to be resold? 

I wouldn’t bother mate, apparently we’re ****ed…..

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Interesting match up this is. Both teams likely to be without some key players, especially in central midfield. 

Does Doyle come back in to give us better passing angles out of their press and his diagonal long balls up to McAteer and Cannon have borne fruit this season. However he'll be targeted by their strength out wide.

I'm not sure what we're best to do in the middle of the park, I'm going to presume KDH will make it as otherwise it's a scary prospect. I quite like the ide of McAteer in the 8 with someone trusted like Albrighton out wide, but then again Yunus seems to have freed up Cannon really well in the games vs Huddersfield and Millwall. I just struggle to envisage a midfield of KDH and Yunus, certainly not against 2nd in the league. 

He's not yet done it this season but Winks could always move forward and Hamza anchor the midfield alongside Ricardo, who himself might be used as the 8. So many options, despite us badly needing at least 1 new central midfielder through the door.

That’s the way I would go too as I posted earlier. It has taken successive managers time  to realise the value of albrighton when a squad gets stretched. Ok he is not the player he was in 2016 but he would add balance and experience. I think that could work well with mcateer and Ricardo inside. When he tires or if it doesn’t work then bring on Yunus or Praet. Kasey is a versatile intelligent player who I feel could do well in the number eight.

If kDH isn’t fit then I would shuffle and bring Hamza in. Between Justin and Doyle I think it’s a close call and experience pace and agility may give Justin the nod  but I do like the balance that Doyle gives us not just with those raking diagonal balls to the right but also in defensive physicality. We have options.

More important than the selection is the mentality and togetherness on show tonight. We need that desire and confidence. 

Edited by Supergray22

Looking forward to this.

In truth, avoiding defeat would leave us pretty comfortable still - with this undoubtedly being us at a weaker position given AFCON/injuries/last game defeat. But we really haven't laid down a marker against a rival yet - the Soton result having come at a time when they weren't on the run they are now. Would like us to go stamp our authority over this one and put the league to bed. A win would have the table looking very nice indeed.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, murphy said:

Quite right.

And another thing.  Whats with the weird and inappropriate love heart eyes emoji thing?.

Think its referring to the 3 home games on the spin bit, not the 3300 ipswich fans.

Reckon I would go for minimising changes and maximising whatever pace and aggression we can muster. 

Mads 

Faes - Vestergaard - Justin 

Hamza - Winks

KMac -  Ricky P - KDH - Mavididi

Cannon

Bad news everyone... I just had a fox outside the office window having a poke around.

It used to be a lucky omen - after finding one living in the garden just before the FA Cup semi-final against Southampton, I knew our name was on the cup.

But I saw one in the run up to the Boro game & reopened an old betting account to put money on us winning. Then didn't see any until a couple of weeks ago when there were a couple of little ones chasing each other in the street in the run up to the Coventry game. So that's 2 losses following sightings this season :ermm:

(Although it might just mean bad luck for the rabbit who is now sitting blissfully unaware on the spot the fox was just on)