Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Ipswich Home

13 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Hermansen 

Faes - Vestergaard - Doyle

Ricardo - Winks 

Akgun - Casadei - KDH - Mavididi

Cannon

Agree, think that's our strongest team at the moment. 

• Like 2

Players given a couple of days off to clear their heads with next game still 7 days away. Nothing wrong with that. Back in Tuesday or Wednesday to prepare for big game Monday. I’d like to see a reaction, a statement performance of that was a one off Saturday and we go stick 3-4 past the team in second. Mcateer back on the scoresheet also. Let’s get behind the lads. Southampton will get to 93 ish points based on form so far. They are due a blip too. 30 points from 19 games is essentially all we need. 

• Like 3

Hermansen

Hamza

Faes

Vestergaard

Ricardo

Akgün

Winks

KDH

Albrighton

Cannon

Mavididi

Thought about this all morning, although there's an obvious lack of physicality and height without Casadei, I think Akgün being able to interchange with Albrighton on the right side counteracts the obvious lack of 1 v 1 ability that Fatawu gives us, but also he can drift in to the pockets that frees up Cannon to play on the shoulder and get in behind.

Hamza being in means that he can again support the physicality needed, rather than Justing. I'd not pick Doyle for this I don't think. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MPH said:

We are going to absolutely smash these 6-0.

They'll really come at us and that will leave gaps. plus we are going to be frustrated with the Cov game.. nailed on annihilation.

That would be nice.. I'll be there in P stand near the away fans

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MPH said:

We are going to absolutely smash these 6-0.

They'll really come at us and that will leave gaps. plus we are going to be frustrated with the Cov game.. nailed on annihilation.

I have bad juju about this one. I fear another defeat before we go on a 24 game winning run that also includes us winning the FA Cup.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hermansen

Hamza

Faes

Vestergaard

Ricardo

Akgün

Winks

KDH

Albrighton

Cannon

Mavididi

Thought about this all morning, although there's an obvious lack of physicality and height without Casadei, I think Akgün being able to interchange with Albrighton on the right side counteracts the obvious lack of 1 v 1 ability that Fatawu gives us, but also he can drift in to the pockets that frees up Cannon to play on the shoulder and get in behind.

Hamza being in means that he can again support the physicality needed, rather than Justing. I'd not pick Doyle for this I don't think. 

This is a big game for us not just because it's Ipswich, But because we don't want back to back defeats causing Nerves and Tension in the Team.

I'd definitely bring Albrighton in for Fatawu on the wing if only for his alround experience. Also as you suggest Akgun in the 8 position and leave KDH in the 10 role.

McAteer could also do a job there if his fitness is up to speed.  I'd leave Casadei out although he is improving he lacks the girt and determination needed in big games for me.

We're too nice for our own good. There's not a Walsh, Lennon or Huth anywhere in this squad.

Edited by Clever Fox
missing word
  • Like 4

Like Claudio used to say “if you can’t win don’t lose”. This has to be instilled in all players when they are playing so they can manage the game themselves. The game will always have twists & turns. Against Coventry they should have been able to sense their grip slipping once fatawu got sent off and the subs brought on. Enzo was probably sensing this scenario hence going all defensive. However the mental component and fitness component have to all jive. If one if of those is off the plan will fail. It’s a great situation to train for as it will happen again and we have to be better prepared for it. Yes the types of players matters but there have to be leaders all over the pitch too screaming and yelling leading by example putting in last ditch tackles, throwing bodies in to intercept, legging it 30 yards to stop the opponent running into our box. These are all the signs of a team on point knowing the danger we’re in and willing to die for the point. I didn’t see it but I did see nervousness, weakness and bystander syndrome. Maybe Enzo still has to work to do to instill this in them?

Maybe it will show if we lose our point advantage and are 2nd or 3rd in the table BUT that’s too late. It needs to start happening now! Ipswich will test our resolve again.

Not quite a must win, but we need at leasr a point from this.

Hermansen

Ricardo Faes Vestegaard Justin

Winks

Casadei    KDH

McAteer                     Mavididi

Cannon

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Ipswich have a very easy run of games after this and West Brom. Could easily go unbeaten until they play Southampton at the start of April.

We need to bury them here. 

They haven't been in great form though so I wouldn't count on them going on a run. Since they were battered at Elland Road they've only (just) won one game and had two poor draws at Stoke and home to QPR. Lucky not to lose to us as well.

Although I agree we need to beat them, and I think we will.

I'd like to see (puts on his tin hat!) the following:

Hermansen.

Faes.     Coady.    Doyle

Ricardo.   Winks,

Praet.       KDH

Akgun.    Cannon   Mavididi

Subs: 

Stolarskyx;

Vestergaard, Nelson, Justin;

Choudhury, Casedei;

Albrighton McAteer;

Vardy

Just think at home, Praet and Akgun could cause havoc on that right hand side, combining passing between the two of them.

Also, i've been watching Vestergaard and Justin very closely of late - I think it would do them both good to start on the bench. I think they feel 'too secure', and need a bit of a 'reminder'.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

They haven't been in great form though so I wouldn't count on them going on a run. Since they were battered at Elland Road they've only (just) won one game and had two poor draws at Stoke and home to QPR. Lucky not to lose to us as well.

Although I agree we need to beat them, and I think we will.

To be fair I'm saying this but I've made it pretty clear that it's Southampton that I think we should be more concerned about. Whilst they're both there or thereabouts it's very hard to relax. 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

To be fair I'm saying this but I've made it pretty clear that it's Southampton that I think we should be more concerned about. Whilst they're both there or thereabouts it's very hard to relax. 

Agree on Southampton and they are the side the have the goalscorers, especially Armstrong.

20 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

19 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Agree on Southampton and they are the side the have the goalscorers, especially Armstrong.

Any side that goes 19 games unbeaten and is 'only' 10 points behind should be concerning. They've also scored a lot recently and suddenly only 5 goals behind us in goals scored and had a few 4 and 5 goal wins recently. 

However, despite that 19 game unbeaten run they took 45 points to our 44 (despite our 3 losses) in that time. 

They'll need to take 11 more points than us over the next  19 games to over take us. 

Should be a good game and I still fancy a couple of goals, but worth noting that Town score and concede significantly less on the road (15 for, 13 against and 6 clean sheets in 13 games) than they do at home (35 for, 21 against and 3 Clean sheets in 14 games). We usually rely on the fact the home team will press more in front of their own fans to open up gaps rather than try and force the issue. So I'd expect a much tighter backline. I think Ipswich need the win more than Leicester need it in terms of points because of the chasing pack, but I'd take a draw knowing we would still be top 2 and that we only need to play 1 more game against the top 4 (Southampton at home). While Southampton will have to play all the top 4, including a potentially crazy last day game against Leeds.

Biggest misses for us are Morsy (suspension), Luongo (injured), Burgess (Asia Cup) and Hirst (injured). Morsy is our midfield general and makes us tick, taking the ball out of the backline and progressing play through to the forward lines. Lewis Travis on loan from Blackburn looked fine on Saturday, but doesn't have the same bite as Morsy, although said bite is why he is suspended! Hirst is for me a bigger miss because we don't have any comparable player (unless we complete a transfer before Monday). Hirst played a vital role in pressing and pulling defences out of shape to open up the game for the 3 behind him, so and while he doesn't look like a 20 goal a season striker (more 10-15), he lets guys like Chaplin get space coming in late to pick up goals.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

I have bad juju about this one. I fear another defeat before we go on a 24 game winning run that also includes us winning the FA Cup.

Bipolar - can cause extreme mood swings that include emotional lows (depression) and highs (mania or hypomania). 😁

4 minutes ago, Wigston Tractor Boy said:

Should be a good game and I still fancy a couple of goals, but worth noting that Town score and concede significantly less on the road (15 for, 13 against and 6 clean sheets in 13 games) than they do at home (35 for, 21 against and 3 Clean sheets in 14 games). We usually rely on the fact the home team will press more in front of their own fans to open up gaps rather than try and force the issue. So I'd expect a much tighter backline. I think Ipswich need the win more than Leicester need it in terms of points because of the chasing pack, but I'd take a draw knowing we would still be top 2 and that we only need to play 1 more game against the top 4 (Southampton at home). While Southampton will have to play all the top 4, including a potentially crazy last day game against Leeds.

Biggest misses for us are Morsy (suspension), Luongo (injured), Burgess (Asia Cup) and Hirst (injured). Morsy is our midfield general and makes us tick, taking the ball out of the backline and progressing play through to the forward lines. Lewis Travis on loan from Blackburn looked fine on Saturday, but doesn't have the same bite as Morsy, although said bite is why he is suspended! Hirst is for me a bigger miss because we don't have any comparable player (unless we complete a transfer before Monday). Hirst played a vital role in pressing and pulling defences out of shape to open up the game for the 3 behind him, so and while he doesn't look like a 20 goal a season striker (more 10-15), he lets guys like Chaplin get space coming in late to pick up goals.

We've still got Leeds Away

4 minutes ago, Wigston Tractor Boy said:

I must admit, it was Morsey and Burgess that impressed in the first game the most.

• Like 1