Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Ipswich Home

22 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

I have bad juju about this one. I fear another defeat before we go on a 24 game winning run that also includes us winning the FA Cup.

wouldn't be good enough. Ipswich is must win. Cannot afford to lose any game at the moment. To be fair we should probably also focus our attention on the next World Cup too.....

The one thing I'm sure of is this. We have to turn up ready for a Battle. We have to be on the front foot, aggressive and intimidating to the opposition.

When we seize that moral hight ground at home then the game can unfold as it will, If we win great if we don't good luck to Ipswich.

What I don't want to see is the insipid perofrmance we put into the game on Saturday against Coventry. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

The one thing I'm sure of is this. We have to turn up ready for a Battle. We have to be on the front foot, aggressive and intimidating to the opposition.

When we seize that moral hight ground at home then the game can unfold as it will, If we win great if we don't good luck to Ipswich.

What I don't want to see is the insipid perofrmance we put into the game on Saturday against Coventry. 

As good as we've been this season (obviously) we've actually failed to play like the 'best team in the league' in the few 'big matches' of the season 

Southampton Away 4-1

Leeds Home 0-1

Ipswich Away 1-1

Coventry Away 1-3

Obviously it doesn't *matter* since we're so consistent against the rest of the league, but it'd be nice to take more points off the big boys in this half of the season. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

As good as we've been this season (obviously) we've actually failed to play like the 'best team in the league' in the few 'big matches' of the season 

Southampton Away 4-1

Leeds Home 0-1

Ipswich Away 1-1

Coventry Away 1-3

Obviously it doesn't *matter* since we're so consistent against the rest of the league, but it'd be nice to take more points off the big boys in this half of the season. 

Sunderland Home 1-0

WBA away 2-1

Draw at Ipswich wasn't a bad result, and they were second at the time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Sunderland Home 1-0

WBA away 2-1

Draw at Ipswich wasn't a bad result, and they were second at the time.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to ignore big results in other matches, just merely talking about perceived 'big games' 

As I say, it's largely irrelevant because 3 points is 3 points!

Who comes in for Fatawu is the obvious question. Davies for them at LB is one of their key men but he doesn't seem all that physical to me but his delivery is great.

I'm not a big McAteer fan but I think he works hard enough to track back and he should be threat in transition as well as aerially.

6 hours ago, Wigston Tractor Boy said:

Should be a good game and I still fancy a couple of goals, but worth noting that Town score and concede significantly less on the road (15 for, 13 against and 6 clean sheets in 13 games) than they do at home (35 for, 21 against and 3 Clean sheets in 14 games). We usually rely on the fact the home team will press more in front of their own fans to open up gaps rather than try and force the issue. So I'd expect a much tighter backline. I think Ipswich need the win more than Leicester need it in terms of points because of the chasing pack, but I'd take a draw knowing we would still be top 2 and that we only need to play 1 more game against the top 4 (Southampton at home). While Southampton will have to play all the top 4, including a potentially crazy last day game against Leeds.

Biggest misses for us are Morsy (suspension), Luongo (injured), Burgess (Asia Cup) and Hirst (injured). Morsy is our midfield general and makes us tick, taking the ball out of the backline and progressing play through to the forward lines. Lewis Travis on loan from Blackburn looked fine on Saturday, but doesn't have the same bite as Morsy, although said bite is why he is suspended! Hirst is for me a bigger miss because we don't have any comparable player (unless we complete a transfer before Monday). Hirst played a vital role in pressing and pulling defences out of shape to open up the game for the 3 behind him, so and while he doesn't look like a 20 goal a season striker (more 10-15), he lets guys like Chaplin get space coming in late to pick up goals.

Won't lie, it's good to hear you've got a few missing too, as Ndidi and Fatawu are clearly huge misses for us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Micky said:

Would absolutely not. One fecking game does not change a thing. We are pissing the league 

Well it would be 2 games then and a tricky run to come and a gap down to 4 points.

There would absolutely be more pressure applied. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Would really pile on a bit of pressure if we lost this one 

On the other hand, win it and it’s very hard to see Ipswich ever overtaking us. I actually think winning it would be far more impactful on the rest of the season than losing it. 

This'll be the one where we get a lucky red or something in our favour 

Then all the other teams in the leagues fans will comment on how lucky we've been all season and that Leeds are the best team.

We'll make it difficult but we will win this one 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

On the other hand, win it and it’s very hard to see Ipswich ever overtaking us. I actually think winning it would be far more impactful on the rest of the season than losing it. 

Hence why I said IF we lost.

It’s a great opportunity but if it goes the other way the gap has closed considerably in the space of 2 games.

Of course it builds some pressure. 

4 hours ago, Micky said:

Would absolutely not. One fecking game does not change a thing. We are pissing the league 

We all know one result doesn't win or lose the title but it does create Habit. Just as winning becomes a habit so does losing.

Losing this game certainly would breed pressure within the Squad. It puts doubt in the Players heads, Doubt prevents spontaneity from the players, Which further creates negativity.

Wheras Winning creates momentum and breeds confidence not to mind adding more points to our total and freightening the oppossition further.

We need to keep pushing ahead until the job is done while enjoying the process.

This game is a test of our mentality.

We have enough in our squad to beat Ipswich, but we don’t have enough with our players missing to just keep passing the ball around and be defensive. We need to start Albrighton who should benefit Cannon. Casedei is just a poor midfield distributor and I rather Yunus start over him. Casedei can come in in the last 20 mins to cause trouble in the opposition box.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Southampton Away 4-1

Leeds Home 0-1

Ipswich Away 1-1

Coventry Away 1-3

Maybe  I misunderstood..

We beat Southampton away  4-1

Lost away to M'borough.. 

IF there is no complete collapse in our squad and system, even a loss against Ipswich would not define the EOS run in. Also later a defeat against Leeds. 

Enzo himself knows the reverses will follow us into and until the last game. 

It's how we stand & hold up to the rigours and challenges in the majority of the rest of the season, and what we/he learns and then improves & progresses upon.. 

Let's be silly and look how our fixtures pan out. 19 games. 

Every opponent including relegation candidates will have improved and fighting tooth and nail for every bits of scraps & recognition. 

The mid table teams ditto, with an eye on a good run, that gives them potential for top 8-5th.and slip into that last 6th or even  5th place.. Knowing full well teams collapse dramatically & others have that shot of adrenaline that sees them finish on a high. 

I do believe top 3 sorted, just order to be sorted.. Leeds could go either way, fight until the very end, or fall off after Aspirations shattered. Though I believe both them and WBA have enough to hold top 4 + 5.. Several teams are in that chase for that last play off place, Coventry might feel they are in the box seat even equipped to push into wonderland.. hoping for a collapse from any of the top 3.

Just look at the table from 4th & 14th,

Their Fixture run in, then work out permatations 

This is where XG and past 5 game form loses their drift, this the unknown fighter stage, major injury potential, bullish spirit takes over..

Add the top 3 still might not yet have got their gaff in order. Though I am confident they have. 

Around the championship end of January is where all teams release their dogs of war spirit....

Not one weekend defining any teams season until well into April , where then  any end spit and spirit just might not be enough

( game over) but a few may still be in the hunt for those coveted  positions.

Many will look at

Leeds VS Southampton

But it could also be dead in the water and irrelevant by then.. 

My belief if The top 3 stay clear of major injury issues, they are uncatchable, they will have reverses and draws, but will stay well ahead of the game.. Leeds will irritate, but their Bark is worse than what their bite can offer, though they could well take single game laurels.. 

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Stadt said:

Who comes in for Fatawu is the obvious question. Davies for them at LB is one of their key men but he doesn't seem all that physical to me but his delivery is great.

I'm not a big McAteer fan but I think he works hard enough to track back and he should be threat in transition as well as aerially.

Think there's two choices if not having McAteer in for Fatawu

Albrighton 

Or

Ricardo on RW, putting JJ in RB/CM role, allowing Doyle a run out.