Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Ipswich Home

39 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

Think there's two choices if not having McAteer in for Fatawu

Albrighton 

Or

Ricardo on RW, putting JJ in RB/CM role, allowing Doyle a run out. 

If the latter happened it would probably be Hamza at RB/CM

One positive about this is that it's a timely warning that we need 2 more wingers in the summer. Another youngster and a more experienced one ideally.

Kasey isn't going to be anymore than a league one /bottom end champ player. Albrighton is obviously Albrighton. There's nobody in the academy remotely close to being able to play in the Prem otherwise we'd have seen them by now.

We did sign Yunus as a winger so it'll be interesting to see if he comes in (assuming he's available) he's the most logical option. Potentially 3 games for him to impress. Although Enzo seems to adore McAteer as much as Rodgers adored Ward, so I imagine we'll be stuck watching him murder promising opportunities.

• Like 1

Really hoping for a quality Foxes fight for this one need to bury our chances not be so wasteful keep the back solid don’t give them any time on the ball hit them hard !

Mads

Hamza.        Faes.     Vesty.      Doyle 

Winks 
               Casadei                       KDH 

Ricardo.                                           Mavididi 

Cannon

Can see tho Enzo might probably start Vardy if he’s fit but would love to see Cannon start then Vards come on around 60min mark to be a pain in the arse to the Ipswich defence !

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Speedwell 🦊 said:

Need a win and to get the ball forward quicker than we have been.Ipswich will be all over us from the start,so can’t afford to be ****ing around with it at the back.COYB 🦊💙🦊💙🦊

But we will fuch around with it at the back, you know this. We’re likely to start with 10 men as well - because Enzo will obviously start Casadei, who is sensationally poor. I know he’s young but for the love of god people, watch him play. He’s just not good, ok in the air but everywhere else he’s bobbins. 

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

But we will fuch around with it at the back, you know this. We’re likely to start with 10 men as well - because Enzo will obviously start Casadei, who is sensationally poor. I know he’s young but for the love of god people, watch him play. He’s just not good, ok in the air but everywhere else he’s bobbins. 

That's your opinion, I mean but for the love of God you person, he's going to end up being the one who will make us desperate to keep for next season, he will start to convert the chances, Ndidi use to miss.... 

Castadei, Mavididi, Cannon, Mcateer to step up to the plate,in the 19 game run in.. :cheers:

Edited by fuchsntf

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

That's your opinion, I mean but for the love of God you person, he's going to end up being the one who will make us desperate to keep for next season, he will start to convert the chances, Ndidi use to miss.... 

Castadei, Mavididi, Cannon, Mcateer to step up to the plate,in the 19 game run in.. :cheers:

Ahh Fuchy, it is only my opinion you’re quite right. I hope you’re right and he shows us this talent that is so latent currently. I doubt it though. I’ve watched enough players over the years. 

Just now, justfoxes said:

Really hoping for a quality Foxes fight for this one need to bury our chances not be so wasteful keep the back solid don’t give them any time on the ball hit them hard !

Mads

Hamza.        Faes.     Vesty.      Doyle 

Winks 
               Casadei                       KDH 

Ricardo.                                           Mavididi 

Cannon

Can see tho Enzo might probably start Vardy if he’s fit but would love to see Cannon start then Vards come on around 60min mark to be a pain in the arse to the Ipswich defence !

Interesting formation.  Hamza & Ricardo doubling up on our RHS could compensate for Casadei's weakness in the tackle etc, and encourage more committed involvement from him.

• Like 1

We're too big for loan players with no option to buy. I don't like it.

With Casadei and Doyle it feels like the more we use them, thr better they get and the more we restict our actual team/squad development.

Both will be off in 4 months, then what? We have to find a new left footed CB and a CM. And then teach the new people Marescaball. 

Thought one small benefit of being in the Championship, (when you need a squad overhaul) was you can practice loads, learn a new way of playing before you're back in Prem (like a 46 game preseason).

Would like to see our own youth prospects given a go in this division. Like nevermind winning the league by the most points ever, blood the young uns!

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Can we just get Nugent back out of retirement for this game? 

He was genuinely a cheat code vs them weren't he. I remember one away game we were absolutely vile and yet he took it upon himself to win us the game.

20 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

We're too big for loan players with no option to buy. I don't like it.

With Casadei and Doyle it feels like the more we use them, thr better they get and the more we restict our actual team/squad development.

Both will be off in 4 months, then what? We have to find a new left footed CB and a CM. And then teach the new people Marescaball. 

Thought one small benefit of being in the Championship, (when you need a squad overhaul) was you can practice loads, learn a new way of playing before you're back in Prem (like a 46 game preseason).

Would like to see our own youth prospects given a go in this division. Like nevermind winning the league by the most points ever, blood the young uns!

Doyle will probably be available if we go up and we want him. I doubt we'd be interested in Casadei even if Chelsea wanted to get rid this summer, which they might given their bloated squad.

Our sole objective this year is to get out of the division, not to give playing time to youth players who aren't as good as those we've loaned in. It's a shame about the injuries to Alves and Braybrooke as they may have seen some game time based on actual merit if they'd been fit. Hopefully they both will before the end of the season, but only if they're ready.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He was genuinely a cheat code vs them weren't he. I remember one away game we were absolutely vile and yet he took it upon himself to win us the game.

Yep. 2-1 in our championship winning season. Bagged both of them. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Doyle will probably be available if we go up and we want him. I doubt we'd be interested in Casadei even if Chelsea wanted to get rid this summer, which they might given their bloated squad.

Our sole objective this year is to get out of the division, not to give playing time to youth players who aren't as good as those we've loaned in. It's a shame about the injuries to Alves and Braybrooke as they may have seen some game time based on actual merit if they'd been fit. Hopefully they both will before the end of the season, but only if they're ready.

Is that right with Doyle? We could sign him, if that's the case thats great. Hope it's not £20mil

2 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

Is that right with Doyle? We could sign him, if that's the case thats great. Hope it's not £20mil

I said 'probably'. There's nothing in the loan agreement - I'm just not convinced he's going to trouble Man City's first team any time soon and they might be willing to sell at the right price.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

I said 'probably'. There's nothing in the loan agreement - I'm just not convinced he's going to trouble Man City's first team any time soon and they might be willing to sell at the right price.

It'd be pure profit for them for the FFP if they sold him to us, being from their academy.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I remember hearing that his career record at Portman Road is over 1 goal a game. Going back to Portsmouth days too. 

KDH injured and will miss Monday night due to the tackle that lead to the penalty against Coventry, even though it was only deemed worthy of a yellow card. lol 

Just now, Bert said:

KDH injured and will miss Monday night due to the tackle that lead to the penalty against Coventry, even though it was only deemed worthy of a yellow card. lol 

Might miss Monday. 

Imagine it was swelling after that's caused the issue. 

It was a horror tackle to be fair. 

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

Might miss Monday. 

Imagine it was swelling after that's caused the issue. 

It was a horror tackle to be fair. 

The Leicestershire live feed says “Kiernan is out. It’s because of the foul from the penalty. We’ll see for the game after.”

1 minute ago, Bert said:

The Leicestershire live feed says “Kiernan is out. It’s because of the foul from the penalty. We’ll see for the game after.”

Seems odd that OPA is saying he might be fit, when both were likely to be in the same room for the press conference.