Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Ipswich Home

2 minutes ago, deep blue said:

I like that idea too.  Not sure Hamza is capable of being creative enough - it's a big ask - but at least he would be good at pressing/turning over possession higher up the field.    Our tackling is sometimes very weak;  I think we will be needing to challenge Ipswich strongly in midfield.

No way, he is not comfortable progressing the ball. It's time to move Winks and Ricardo in to the 8 roles and Hamza in the Winks role.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

No way, he is not comfortable progressing the ball. It's time to move Winks and Ricardo in to the 8 roles and Hamza in the Winks role.

Isn't it more likely that Enzo will play with the same line up that he did against Huddersfield, bar Fatawu of course? So Akgun slots into KDH's role and McAteer replaces said Fatawu? 

I am hopeful that KDH is fit for this and its a "we aren't getting protection" Media game.

If he isn't fit though I'd go:

Hermansen 

Hamza Faes Vestegaard Justin 

Winks

Ricardo   Casadei 

Yunus.                           Mavididi 

Cannon

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Foxysausages said:

Isn't it more likely that Enzo will play with the same line up that he did against Huddersfield, bar Fatawu of course? So Akgun slots into KDH's role and McAteer replaces said Fatawu? 

Not sure vs the top sides but quite possibly.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Not sure vs the top sides but quite possibly.

True, but this isn't a full strength Ipswich either that we played previously so I think we have a bit more leeway. Morsey, Luongo and Hirst are all not going to be featured 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Who else plays instead then?..

Especially if KDH is out as well.

Ricky at no. 8 and Hamza at RB.

If KDH is unavailable (which will be bad bad news) then Praet all day long assuming he can actually walk. Worst case, I'd seriously rather play JJ as an emergency number 8 and bring Doyle over Coady in for his defensive spot

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kenny said:

I'd play Hamza as the forward 8 if KDH is out. He carries the ball well and can be disruptive in their half.

Hamza played quite well further up the field under Puel.

Enzo must rate him, Hamza is one of the few extensions signed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

I am worried about this one. I’d love us to win it but I have a nasty feeling we will lose given the missing midfielders, no Abdul and even Enzo absent from the sidelines. 

I seem to recall Pearson being banished and us having players missing and we won a big game and then he kept sitting in the stands for a while 😂😂

• Like 2

Mads

Ricardo     Faes           Vesty       Doyle

Hamza

McAteer     Winks     Casadei    Mavididi 

Cannon

8 hours ago, Wigston Tractor Boy said:

As an Ipswich fan, I still have PTSD from Nugent. It wasn't even a Leicester thing. He scored against us 15 times in 17 appearances which is just silly. I've seen him score more goals at Portman road than some Ipswich strikers for Christs sake!

And to top it off we tried to sign him about 5 times, including before he ever played against us, with it never quite coming off.

i'd start Nugent on Monday for us in that case.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wigston Tractor Boy said:

As an Ipswich fan, I still have PTSD from Nugent. It wasn't even a Leicester thing. He scored against us 15 times in 17 appearances which is just silly. I've seen him score more goals at Portman road than some Ipswich strikers for Christs sake!

And to top it off we tried to sign him about 5 times, including before he ever played against us, with it never quite coming off.

We feel the same about Harry Kane, 18 goals in 15 games against us. We did have him here on loan in 2013, scored 2. Obviously, we did something to upset him during that loan....

The year he leaves Spurs and finally can't get a hat full against us, and we're relegated!

Edited by FoyleFox