Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Ipswich Home

53 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Under strength and on the back of a terrible result

This game is season defining

Totally agree. Say what you want about being top but if our lead is cut from 10 points to 4 in the space of 2 games there is definitely added pressure. 

• Like 2

Could we move Justin over to the right, Doyle on the left Ricardo as the 8.

Hermansen 

Justin Faes Vestergaard Doyle

Winks 

McAteer Ricardo Yunus Mavididi

Cannon

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

McAteer as the 8 if KDH is out, not as good but at least he can bring energy. Albrighton on the right.

This. Everyone seems to forget Albrighton but he's the ultimate pro and always does a good job for us.

I trust him to still deliver when called upon.

• Like 2

I wouldn’t say this game is “season defining” just yet. I get what people are saying and if we were to lose, the gap between us and 2nd could be reduced etc. 

However, at this stage the more important gap is between us and third. Keeping a good distance between us and saints (for now) will mean that the title will take care of itself. 

If anyone remembers are League One season, we went away to 2nd place Peterborough and I think we were stuttering at that stage. We lost 2-0 and it really did feel like squeaky bum time. However, we had a decent gap from third (not as good as this gap) and saw it through. Good players come through towards the end.

It’s periods like this why the nearly perfect Christmas period was so important. If Swansea do us a favour today, it takes the pressure off a bit on Monday. Even if they don’t, we have a healthy gap to re-start next week.

Also, I like Yunus - bit lightweight but before his injury looked very tidy. 

It’s strange how perceptions change depending on the situation. Most clubs would be delighted to know that even if they lost their next game they would still be 7 points clear from third but because we’ve been so far ahead, and for so long, there’s talk of panic and the pressure being on.

Of course, nothing has been won yet and it could all go wrong but we are quite possibly in the strongest position any championship club has ever been in at this stage of the season so we can hardly moan too much.

Edited by Mr Weller 2

3 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

It’s strange how perceptions change depending on the situation. Most clubs would be delighted to know that even if they lost their next game they would still be 7 points clear from third but because we’ve been so far ahead, and for so long, there’s talk of panic and the pressure being on.

Of course, nothing has been won yet and it could all go wrong but we are quite possibly in the strongest position any championship club has ever been in at this stage of the season so we can hardly moan too much.

I genuinely think some people want it to be closer so it’s more “exciting” 

11 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I genuinely think some people want it to be closer so it’s more “exciting” 

When we won the league, I remember leicester fans saying they didn't want spurs to not win against Chelsea as it would be nicer to win the league at home in the next game....

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Are you new here? lol

FWIW, I agree but people will always find a way to moan about something.