Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattFox

Towns that are “Leicester”

Was debating this with a mate the other night, what towns in the county and beyond have a majority Leicester support?

The only one in the county that I think isn’t majority City is Castle Donnington which is Derby

Ashby being the further West “city” and Stamford the furthest East

14 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Was debating this with a mate the other night, what towns in the county and beyond have a majority Leicester support?

The only one in the county that I think isn’t majority City is Castle Donnington which is Derby

i lived in Stamford, not many supported Leicester when i lived there, Peteborough the majority

22 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Corby and Kettering have a fair few

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 2

Just now, Stadt said:

Another issue with the lack of general sale, these kids without LCFC supporting parents in the hinterlands between clubs will support clubs where they can actually watch them.

This, for me was why we needed to expand 4-7 years ago and may have missed a big chance to put distance between ourselves and Forest, fanbase- wise. 

• Like 2

Imagine Rugby being a fairly even split, maybe slightly in Cov's favour? Know three Leicester mates who live there (although they've all moved from elsewhere, admittedly).

Kegworth perhaps a reasonably even Leicester/Detby/Forest three-way split?

Always see a few in City shirts jump off the train at Long Eaton, but reckon they're well in the minority that far north.

Melton residents in general are just not into sports, it’s bizarre lol

Majority of young guys I speak to will tell me they don’t follow football. From those that do, Leicester have the biggest share. It’s probably 40% Leicester, 40% Big 6 plastics, 20% Forest.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Bosworth and Coalville are Blue, especially Coalville with a lot of the baby squad having links there. 

Melton I’ve no idea, forget it’s in the county. 

Bosworth we compete with Tigers (who I'd say are dominant)... likewise any other posher county town; Oakham, harborough, uppingham

Loughborough is a weird one Leicestershire town, but whenever I've there more Forest fans I've seen than Leicester.

Nuneaton super divided, taking out the big six. It's very much Leicester, Villa, Coventry, Birmingham, West Brom or even weirdly a few Stoke. Stoke is wild weird one. But seen a few Stoke shirts here and there around the town.

Hinckley 97% leicester, but every so often you see the odd Villa or Cov fan but my guess they have moved from somewhere else to Hinckley.

Barwell is defo all Leicester, you don't dare wear any other shirt round their lol 

Coalville is more Leicester, but then again you seen the occasional Derby fan, but very limited.

Edited by Leicesterpool

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

Imagine Rugby being a fairly even split, maybe slightly in Cov's favour? Know three Leicester mates who live there (although they've all moved from elsewhere, admittedly).

Kegworth perhaps a reasonably even Leicester/Detby/Forest three-way split?

Always see a few in City shirts jump off the train at Long Eaton, but reckon they're well in the minority that far north.

Yeah Long Eaton is in Derbyshire but Forest probably edge it their

Always kicks off in the pubs on cloughie love in day

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

Loughborough is a weird one Leicestershire town, but whenever I've there more Forest fans

Loughborough changes with the wind. They had a forest spell but it's now swung firmly back on our favour. I'd say to the tune of 60%, 40% big teams and forest 

• Like 1