Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattFox

Towns that are “Leicester”

Ashby/Measham has had a massive influx from the West Midlands in the last 10 years. Villa shirts everywhere. 

As a Castle Donington citizen I can tell you Leicester is in the minority. Mainly Derby (only 7 miles away to be fair but quite a few Forest fans too. )

Guest David Oldfields Gate

Loughborough is Leicester. Forget the few trees that have crawled out the woodwork since they got promotion.

Kegworth is 30% Forest, 30% derby, 30% Leicester and 10% economic migrant.

3 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Not football related, but have always struggled to understand why some from Nottingham support Leicester Tigers. I know a few. Perhaps rugby is less tribal, but I’ve still always found it odd.

Probably the same reason people from all over the East Mids will go and watch Panthers. If you have a passing interest in the sport and want to watch it at the top level, there’s not really another option.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Loughborough is Leicester. Forget the few trees that have crawled out the

Thing is in Loughborough, same as Melton, the forest filth that are about feel the need to wear forest clobber 24/7, artificially increasing the profile as City fans there don't tend to wear fox leisure 24/7 

I was the same in Nottingham TBF. Dated a bird there for a while and when I'd go for a jog in the morning,.I'd always pop my city.top on 

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I wish there was a map where it had all of a clubs season ticket holders & members locations pinpointed just to see where the support 'really' is. I'd look through it for hours, possibly days.

The club will have this data 100%

Their was a report years ago on the split in Manchester and it turned out City do have loads of fans in Stockport and United Salford

https://e-space.mmu.ac.uk/12506/1/seasonticketreport - brown1.pdf

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Not football related, but have always struggled to understand why some from Nottingham support Leicester Tigers. I know a few. Perhaps rugby is less tribal, but I’ve still always found it odd.

Maybe because Tigers have always been strongest Rugby team throughout the midlands. Until wasps fake franchise turned up, the only decent midlands top flight rugby team was The Tigers. The tigers represented the region pretty much.

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

Maybe because Tigers have always been strongest Rugby team throughout the midlands. Until wasps fake franchise turned up, the only decent midlands top flight rugby team was The Tigers. The tigers represented the region pretty much.

One of the reasons I can't stand them (even tho i do try to like them)

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I wish there was a map where it had all of a clubs season ticket holders & members locations pinpointed just to see where the support 'really' is. I'd look through it for hours, possibly days.

There are a few decent ones from around Europe online, as well as that one of London that everyone from London seems to reckon is nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Hollism94 said:

Probably the same reason people from all over the East Mids will go and watch Panthers. If you have a passing interest in the sport and want to watch it at the top level, there’s not really another option.

Nottingham have a reasonably-sized rugby team, though.

• Like 2

Guest David Oldfields Gate

Tigers "fans" all over Lincolnshire and Cambridgeshire. Private school / range rover brigade love all that shit.

1 minute ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Tigers "fans" all over Lincolnshire and Cambridgeshire. Private school / range rover brigade love all that shit.

Tigers are probably like the Man Utd of football, very successful and attracted fans all over. For years Tigers were once the dominant force of rugby union.

• Like 1

Any north Northamptonshire towns. Corby, Kettering, Rothwell, Desborough.

You see more City shirts in Northampton itself now than you ever did.

The people of Northampton still seem to like their balls egg-shaped mind.

I know it’s in Leicestershire, but I swear in Mahkedabra you see WAY more shirts around the town than say 20 years ago.

Edited by RoboFox

It’s not surprising given we’re the last big town before Loughborough on LBH Road, but do enjoy seeing how many Leicester shirts there is when I take my little one to the park in Ruddington. 

Also always a decent amount if I watch Leicester in Nottingham city centre, certainly don’t feel alone or like I’m causing an issue. If it’s midweek the Uni’s have a lot to do with that I think. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Loughborough is a weird one Leicestershire town, but whenever I've there more Forest fans I've seen than Leicester.

Nuneaton super divided, taking out the big six. It's very much Leicester, Villa, Coventry, Birmingham, West Brom or even weirdly a few Stoke. Stoke is wild weird one. But seen a few Stoke shirts here and there around the town.

Hinckley 97% leicester, but every so often you see the odd Villa or Cov fan but my guess they have moved from somewhere else to Hinckley.

Barwell is defo all Leicester, you don't dare wear any other shirt round their lol 

Coalville is more Leicester, but then again you seen the occasional Derby fan, but very limited.

Im Loughborough born and bred and its always been a bit 60/40 Leicester to Red Shite but then I grew up when they were winning stuff so if anything it will be more 70/30  Leicester now I think 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

i lived in Stamford, not many supported Leicester when i lived there, Peteborough the majority

Stamford is Leicester, you obviously never got out .  Peterborough you really are joking…

I live in Peterborough and nobody supports Peterborough…😂😂😂

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Rugby was always more Cov than us, bet there has been a shift of some sort.

Live in Rugby atm and it’s mainly fair weather Cov with us being clear second

Its only 20 min from Cov so hardly surprising and loads move out from the city here

Cov have a much smaller catchment than us though with the majority of Warwickshire being firmly Villa territory 

2 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Live in Rugby atm and it’s mainly fair weather Cov with us being clear second

Its only 20 min from Cov so hardly surprising and loads move out from the city here

Cov have a much smaller catchment than us though with the majority of Warwickshire being firmly Villa territory 

You realise how big Villa are when you move out the Midlands and still see them loads. Sizeable amount of them in Sheff of all places.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WalMelton said:

Stamford is Leicester, you obviously never got out .  Peterborough you really are joking…

I live in Peterborough and nobody supports Peterborough…😂😂😂

The question that was asked about Peterborough in the local paper.. What’s the best thing about Peterborough….

most people said it’s only 10 minutes on the train to Stamford…😂😂 Good pubs…👍

5 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

You realise how big Villa are when you move out the Midlands and still see them loads. Sizeable amount of them in Sheff of all places.

They get all over

Places as far south as Gloucester and Cheltenham are full of Villa

6 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Villa are funny one as urban Brum and south Brum they aren't like particularly strong. But get out to Tamworth,. Kidderminster, Worcester, Redditch, Sutton Coldfield and yep, Ashby, it's a big ol' catchment area