Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattFox

Towns that are “Leicester”

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

I'd say our strongest outside of county towns are Kettering and Nuneaton. 

Castle Donington I'd nuke. Derby stronghold, weirdos (tho that's coz it's derby people escaping, rather than Leicestershire folk supporting them) 

I forget which one of Kegworth or Castle Donington it is (maybe both) but they have Derby post codes, yet are officially NW Leicestershire. Probably Kegworth.  Given it also has a boundary with Nottinghamshire, I don't mind if folk there support Derby. Some fairly civilised pubs there too. Not the worst part of the world, or even the Midlands.

Ex Lutterworth here but haven't lived there for over 20 years.

I'd say it used to be approx 70% Leicester, 20% Cov, and 10% other in my day but I'm not sure now

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Villa are funny one as urban Brum and south Brum they aren't like particularly strong. But get out to Tamworth,. Kidderminster, Worcester, Redditch, Sutton Coldfield and yep, Ashby, it's a big ol' catchment area

Most those towns are full of people that got rehoused from urban Brum in the 50’s and 60’s though 

Daventry is the same massive Villa support due to rehousing

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

I forget which one of Kegworth or Castle Donington it is (maybe both) but they have Derby post codes, yet are officially NW Leicestershire. Probably Kegworth.  Given it also has a boundary with Nottinghamshire, I don't mind if folk there support Derby. Some fairly civilised pubs there too. Not the worst part of the world, or even the Midlands.

Donington is a DE postcode, like East Midlands Airport.

48 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I wish there was a map where it had all of a clubs season ticket holders & members locations pinpointed just to see where the support 'really' is. I'd look through it for hours, possibly days.

I’d be intrigued to see it too.

I suspect that most of our ST holders are from either South Leicester or south of the county (Hinckley, blaby, wigston and harborough districts). 

Very few I imagine are from East Leicester for example. 

7 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Ex Lutterworth here but haven't lived there for over 20 years.

I'd say it used to be approx 70% Leicester, 20% Cov, and 10% other in my day but I'm not sure now

Always found the Cov lot there were pretty mad for it home and away every week types.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

I’d be intrigued to see it too.

I suspect that most of our ST holders are from either South Leicester or south of the county (Hinckley, blaby, wigston and harborough districts). 

Very few I imagine are from East Leicester for example. 

Thurnby Lodge has a strong support

I’ve always thought the opposite tbf and that more come from the north hence the reason the Forest rivalry is stronger than Cov

Edited by MattFox
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Villa are funny one as urban Brum and south Brum they aren't like particularly strong. But get out to Tamworth,. Kidderminster, Worcester, Redditch, Sutton Coldfield and yep, Ashby, it's a big ol' catchment area

Staffordshire as well - Lichfield big Villa hotspot than that county starts to merge into Wolves and Stoke. 

I found mostly Blues fans were located to the south of the city. Think that’s a sign of times as the south of Birmingham is generally a lot better to live in than the north 

• Like 1

I’m assuming this poll is excluding the standard ‘glory supporters’, know and see a few Man Utd ‘fans’ out LE10 ends, otherwise I would say it’s largely Leicester for Midlands based support, obligatory Cov and Villa too, but in my relatively limited experience since being out here it’s mainly Leicester or Man U! 🙈

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Used to have huge respect for the four blokes who would be sat in Northampton Town shirts in Harborough Spoons every Saturday evening.

Town's Leicester, other than them.

Plenty of Liverpool 'fans' in Harborough. I work with too many ! 

The Nags Head is full of 'em when they're on the tv.

Tigers, obviously are popular. 

Predominantly City fans though tbf. 

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Maybe because Tigers have always been strongest Rugby team throughout the midlands. Until wasps fake franchise turned up, the only decent midlands top flight rugby team was The Tigers. The tigers represented the region pretty much.

Northampton Saints.

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Any north Northamptonshire towns. Corby, Kettering, Rothwell, Desborough.

Grandad from Desborough was a Leicester fan since god knows, Dad other side of the family (Kettering) was a Leicester fan 

Despite no direct links to the city itself, clearly I had no chance

Edited by ParkerPen
  • Like 1

There are actually quite a few Leicester supporters in Plymouth and surrounding areas … most of course support the big 6 /7 … there are quite a few Plymouth fans when they are doing well … they will be back to under 10k in the next 3 years I suspect 

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I wish there was a map where it had all of a clubs season ticket holders & members locations pinpointed just to see where the support 'really' is. I'd look through it for hours, possibly days.

I’d be an anomaly on your map!

whist iv had a season ticket.. iv lived in, Hinckley, stourport, Leigh, glossop, knutsford and now Cincinnati 

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
3 hours ago, MattFox said:

Was debating this with a mate the other night, what towns in the county and beyond have a majority Leicester support?

The only one in the county that I think isn’t majority City is Castle Donnington which is Derby

Ashby being the further West “city” and Stamford the furthest East

I live in Castle Donington  and I reckon you would be surprised, i know more Leicester fans than Derby in the village and I’ve lived here 20 years, surprising number of Notts County fans