Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattFox

Towns that are “Leicester”

3 hours ago, danny. said:

Most supporters aren’t going to wear a football kit to go shopping in

Leeds fans do. I’ve never seen owt like it, especially the middle aged demographic. They cannot leave the house without wearing something with a Leeds badge on it. It’s absolutely fascinating. 

I’m very glad this doesn’t seem to be the case whenever I come back to Leicester to visit family etc. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

Yes, Harbs is definitely very Leicester with the odd Arsenal and Liverpool shirt seen about. Strange though that my boy is the only Leicester fan in his class. When we lived down south one of his mates was a Leicester fan, but think my son just coerced him into it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Duncan_K said:

No they don't. It's either similar or the opposite. Just look at how much Northampton charge for tickets now compared to Tigers, their support has moved way posher in the last 10 years than it used to be whereas Tigers has stayed pretty similar. 

Happy to be corrected!

4 hours ago, danny. said:

Is this entire thread actually based on anything? 😅 Just seems like people making up percentages and shouting out place names and guesses. Most supporters aren’t going to wear a football kit to go shopping in. 

Course they are, its like the Bluds and Crips around here

3 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Lived here 10 years and never met one. 

I know a fair few in Hinckley. One of which goes the gym and I had the pleasure to review the weekend with him this morning.

Something I don't see in Hinckley are Forest fans, not surprising. Don't know a single one. Know 1 or 2 Derby fans, fair few Villa fans.

And then your usual big clubs are represented like anywhere.

5 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Im terms of the most supported club in the country. Which of these three you think as the most? Man Utd, Liverpool or Chelsea.

Man City im not sure would go ahead of arsenal in facebase despite recent success.

Arsenal are clear of Chelsea 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Im terms of the most supported club in the country. Which of these three you think as the most? Man Utd, Liverpool or Chelsea.

Man City im not sure would go ahead of arsenal in facebase despite recent success.

I’m saying Man U Liverpool and Arsenal in that order 

22 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Tigers are probably like the Man Utd of football, very successful and attracted fans all over. For years Tigers were once the dominant force of rugby union.

100% this. 

Leicester and Bath were the Liverpool / Manchester United of Rugby Union at one point. 

5 hours ago, rugbyblue said:

Ive lived in rugby for the past 10 years and I'd say it's probably 70/30 cov/Leicester, Judging by the shirts i see worn and the station on match days.  It certainly feels like cov country, unlucky for me.

Not sure I'd agree with you on that. 50:50 at best. Think I see more Leicester than Cov shirts when out and about.

23 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Loughborough is a weird one Leicestershire town, but whenever I've there more Forest fans I've seen than Leicester.

Nuneaton super divided, taking out the big six. It's very much Leicester, Villa, Coventry, Birmingham, West Brom or even weirdly a few Stoke. Stoke is wild weird one. But seen a few Stoke shirts here and there around the town.

Hinckley 97% leicester, but every so often you see the odd Villa or Cov fan but my guess they have moved from somewhere else to Hinckley.

Barwell is defo all Leicester, you don't dare wear any other shirt round their lol 

Coalville is more Leicester, but then again you seen the occasional Derby fan, but very limited.

How much are you talking about the train station and surrounding in this sense though. I'm not from Nuneaton but I've been around it a bit purely because of how many trains stop there.

Just  used Google trends UK in an attempt to get some more data on this. Google capture data on internet searches by subject, region and time, you can select a subject, in this case Leicester City FC and then compare with up to 4 other subjects. I know this is not as good a seeing the addresses of match going fans, but does provide an indication of interest in a team by area. I have just searched leicester  city, f****t, derby and c*v over the last 12 months, changed sub region to 'city' and included low data locations. No surprise, the further you get from leicester, the lower the share of support, so Kegworth is mainly forest and derby with some leicester, loughborough majority leicester then forest, areas immediately surrounding the city almost all leicester.  If you were just to compare leicester with the greedy 6, it doesn't paint a great picture, lots of support for man united and Liverpool in areas that really should be leicester! Give it a try if you're interested

• Like 2

On 14/01/2024 at 20:29, SemperEadem said:

Rugby was always more Cov than us, bet there has been a shift of some sort.

Loads of the cnuts around when the play off final was on 

All my City mates still live in Rugby 

Back in the 80s/90s a decent following of Leicester fans 

As a whole I think Rugby has more fans to do with the Man City’s, Utd’s of this world, there was a fair few Chelsea fans back in the late 80s/ 90s 

5 hours ago, FerrisBueller said:

You reckon? When I was growing up there it was about 40% Leicester, 30% Forest, 30% United/Liverpool 

Yeah your right I forgot about the forest fans although not that many of them they were hazy days and I hung round with all Leicester fans in the 90s there