Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boots60

Things you never see anymore

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jgtuk said:

Not sure some of the things in this thread actually existed at all, at least in our lifetime.

Examples please.

6 hours ago, Eurofox said:

Litter free streets 😞 

4 hours ago, davieG said:

and dog shit free streets, pathways etc

It was meant in a lighthearted manner but these two examples above stood out. I remember both of these things from my childhood and my local town has next to no litter or dog sh1t. 
Given the growth in population I’m not surprised that it’s probably worse than ever in some areas but I think there’s some selective memory here sometimes. 

4 hours ago, davieG said:

and dog shit free streets, pathways etc

It's better than it was in the 80's, that's for sure. Football on the park used to be a vile experience as a kid. 

Winter is coming though, so that means all the w****** will be letting their dogs s*** and will use the cover of darkness to just leave it there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

It was meant in a lighthearted manner but these two examples above stood out. I remember both of these things from my childhood and my local town has next to no litter or dog sh1t. 
Given the growth in population I’m not surprised that it’s probably worse than ever in some areas but I think there’s some selective memory here sometimes. 

There's been a definite change of attitude towards litter, as for dog shit yeah the the number of people with dogs has rocketed, still no excuse. 

When I see litter bins with rubbish strewn around them with in a few feet I see the change. Mind you councils are not always efficient in emptying some of the more inaccessible ones.

People emptying their cars of rubbish in the gutter is something I see at least once a month.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

It's better than it was in the 80's, that's for sure. Football on the park used to be a vile experience as a kid. 

Winter is coming though, so that means all the w****** will be letting their dogs s*** and will use the cover of darkness to just leave it there. 

It also seems to be legitimate for it to be left on the grass verges of footpaths which becomes a problem on narrow ones.

• Like 1

There's a alley way near me about 40/50 metres long and down one side in the grass and weeds coming through the fences I counted 7 drinks cans.

As I said in the opening post of Is the City of Leicester a dump?

We used to be known as the cleanest City in England and the second most prosperous City in Europe

7 minutes ago, Chiltern Fox said:

I think it's been said before but defo mags in bushes or behind buildings.

Now I'm finding laptops, tablets and cellphones with the likes of Pronhubb loaded on the screens.

Times don't half change.

14 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

White dog shit

Less or no bonemeal in most commercially sold dog food these days innit.

Once had a very long conversation about this on a very long train journey from Liverpool Street station to Norwich.

Top lads football day out that one...

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Less or no bonemeal in most commercially sold dog food these days innit.

Once had a very long conversation about this on a very long train journey from Liverpool Street station to Norwich.

Top lads football day out that one...

I remember that train service, used to go through Leicester and Birmingham.

I remember early 00's there used to be a service that ran from Coventry through Leicester all way to Skeggy. Good old central trains... apparently it was scrapped in 2004 due to Nottingham folk moaning they couldn't get seat by the time services reaches there... tough luck for living in Nottingham lol

10 hours ago, Eurofox said:

Litter free streets 😞 

That's because the Tories cut all funding to Councils.

I used to be the Officer in charge for surveying the cleanliness of the streets.

This was in Crawley, West Sussex; and only 2% were found to be in need of cleaning on a reactive basis.

The Tories stopped what is known as the NI195 survey, and therefore there is no way of actually knowing how clean your neighbourhoods streets are.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, davieG said:

No photo description available.

It's Throwback Thursday! Here's an image of the inside of someone's house in Leicester from 1971! #ThrowbackThursday

That's got to be an elderly persons terraced home in 1971.

I was 16 that year and our house looked nothing like that, décor and furniture-wise.

• Like 2