Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

Leicester 1-1 Ipswich Post Match Thread

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

perhaps we have a different take on the game, the second half was one of the best defensive displays of the season.  I thought the back line were superb as was winks breaking things up and kdh driving us forward. 

We lacked a little bit in the final 3rd but we still looked dangerous to me. 

I felt we were comfortable in the 2nd half and we limited them to 2/3 shots. There goalkeeper was mom, that says it all. 8 points clear of 3rd, could have 10, but it wasn’t to be. I though we played well, much better then the 1st match and 2000% better then the cov game. 

1 minute ago, southfox66 said:

We don't create enough clear chances that you can put away, look at Southampton they are creating more chances than us currently are and scoring them. This nonsense at the back has cost us yet again, instead of pissing about at the back, ud be better going forward trying to score goals but we just kept going backwards, in the end we paid the price.

Should we hoof the ball forward to the big target man that we don't have? We created way more chances than Ipswich but just didn't take them. As frustrating as it is when we drop points late again, there are just way too many hot takes on here. 

• Like 1

Conceding a late goal doesn’t hurt as much if you build a bigger lead, needed to make hay while the sun shines (excuse the tractor relevance) in that period up to half time and knock the hope out of them. Really does frustrate that when there’s the smell of blood we don’t go for it ruthlessly enough.

We invited pressure at the end, players hanging deep not marking anyone which gives no danger of the offside, once you start doing that you’re inviting bodies into your box and eventually crack. 
Why aren’t we keeping it longer at the other end, why does it come back so quickly? Tired legs not supported early enough with substitutions? 

• Like 4

Lets all be honest, it's the exact result the majority would have predicted at kick off, in fact most of us probably could of predicted how it all unfolded too! 

It's frustrating, subs were too late AGAIN, and we had 3 or 4 opportunities for a second so I don't think i'm on board with the 'didn't create enough'... I think people have a tendency to forget chances until they watch back.

We got a draw because we let a very mediocre team come on to us with yet again no plan to even counter them. Not because of Hermansen. That goal could have happened at any point that the tired Hamza was found out of position or gave it away. On both occasions they had no idea what to do with it and on both occasions we decided to keep Hamza on.

Even for a team with ten men we were way too deep against Coventry. Today we have sat in too deep and completely ballsed it up again. 

The best thing you can say is we have enough games left where teams are just going to hand it to us on a plate. Because if we had a lot more of these games against sides we are going to show any respect to - I'd worry we lack the tactical know-how.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Walshie is God said:

The steady decline continues. Don't look likely to score and you just know we are going to concede

You do realise in the last 10 games we 1 less point than Southampton who everyone are gushing over.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Before Cardiff when was the last time we didn’t concede in the last 15? 

Rotherham 6 days earlier?

• Like 1

Just now, jayfox26 said:

Should we hoof the ball forward to the big target man that we don't have? We created way more chances than Ipswich but just didn't take them. As frustrating as it is when we drop points late again, there are just way too many hot takes on here. 

I'm not saying hoof it up the pitch I'm saying maybe going forward instead of backwards. We did very little in attacking terms second half, we allowed them into the game. In the end we have only ourselves to blame for tonight result.

1 minute ago, An Away Move said:

Just love all the people watching streams at home slagging those in the actual crowd who made the effort to go to the game for leaving early 😂

Leaving 5m early can save you nearly an hour driving. I prefer staying until the final whistle but you can understand those who fee the need to beat the rush. 

Really now? You can't be serious. Last time I checked we weren't based in London or Manchester. Some fans can't afford the tickets, some others don't live in Leicester. Leaving 5min early is pathetic. 

• Like 4

Ha ha, brilliant entertainment… keep the fans right in the edge of their seats … and just sneak the title win at the very last mo……. Oh Shit … ! …. Okay play offs final, we could just ….. Oh Shit ! 
so another Championship Season ??? …. Ha ha ha … ooooppps ! 

I probably would’ve taken a draw at the beginning of the day. 

But that’s really annoying. 

Excellent first half, passive second half and you just knew that they’d get something. 

Though Hamza was good.

How incredibly frustrating. We were well in control for the vast majority of that. Ipswich bring on a bundle of players, our subs seem to completely disrupt the shape, and they inevitably equalise. Midfield options particularly brassic, a team going for the crown should be bursting with talent itching to make an impact.