Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

Leicester 1-1 Ipswich Post Match Thread

9 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

What are the stats vs. The other top 6/8 teams ? I swear we’ve taken about 11 points from a possible 24. 

Was saying this to my mate. We are so professional against the so called lesser teams. Stick to the process and get the job done… but we don’t actually turn up/beat the big teams.

Worrying for next season really :( 

4 minutes ago, ACF said:

Two things I’m reading consistently in here

1. Subs need to be made earlier

2. We need better players for the Prem

Substitute players by nature are ones who are not deemed good enough for the starting 11. If we take a starting 11 player off, a “worse” player comes on. That increases the “gap” in quality that the same people are whinging about.

and NO ****ING SHIT we need to improve for the Prem. We have Jannik ****ing Vestergaard as our star CB, it’s not going to cut it.

BUT FUNNILY ENOUGH we’ll have the money to do so, and with contract expiring, the space opens up more.

Stop worrying about the Prem, and worry about this.

IMG_9142.jpeg

Enzo consistently makes subs around 55 minutes, but not today. Granted, it's usually Ndidi/Casadei or a winger, so this wasn't on the cards today.

Also, your logic is a bit flawed as we rarely have a like-for-like sub. The subs allow for tactical tweaks or renewed energy, so they may be inferior choices at minute 0, but superior ones at minute 60.

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

It’s disappointing but we are being a bit overly critical of both Enzo and the team. Their keeper has just won man of the match. In the words of Big Ron, what was that for ? Playing kick about. 

We dominated the game. We had one cleared off the line and two or three top saves from their keeper. 

The subs were made at the right time - we were well on top despite Don Goodman telling me how good some guy I’ve never heard off coming off the bench for them was shrewd. 

They’ve got a jammy goal at the end and it hurts more because it’s happened twice against them. 

We never dominated the second half - at any point. We created the better chances/finished off moves, but Ipswich had just as many if not more dangerous situations which could have let to goals were it not for last ditch tackles or interceptions. 

Truth is that with 10-15 minutes to go, the screw was only being tightened and we had no answer. An equaliser was the more likely outcome.

Willy must have forgotten he was the fill-in manager for a while in the second half; I don’t know how else to explain those belated substitutions (and somewhat baffling ones: maybe KDH couldn’t go 90 and I didn’t think Yunus was bad today but that doesn’t seem like a way to shore up a 1-0 win with tired legs all over the pitch).

Edited by Jordan

4 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Our buildup play is painfully slow 90% of the time. We are so easy to read going forward. Just doesn't seem to flow like it needs to.

..and when our build up play is swift we look really dangerous and clinical...so why dont be play fast?? Enzo is our manager, but blimey, these things are f'king obvious to everyone who watches our games!

Just now, kingfox said:

Those last 20 mins also showed why we won’t get away with playing Faes & Vestergaard if we get promoted.

When put under increasing pressure, they shit themselves.

I would say the keeper is normally the one that is least comfortable those two are fine the keeper not so 

• Sad 1

Just now, kingfox said:

Those last 20 mins also showed why we won’t get away with playing Faes & Vestergaard if we get promoted.

Faes in particular looked dazed and drunk at times.

But they weren't helped by a weak midfield and lack of movement up front.

Nearly every game you hear the commentator say how fast the team turned defence into attack. We are undoubtedly the fastest at turning attack into defence.  Cannon must love making run after run into space only to look up and see the ball is now back in our own box being pased and passed and passed and passed and booooring......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

I thought Faes was awful tonight. 

Don't think there's a need to be dramatic though, Ipswich have drawn four out of five and they're still second.

Draws are funny old things anyway, we were desperate for the ability to draw games last season lol 

All about perception too, if we go one down in the two Ipswich games and come back to 1-1, majority will be delighted. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

We should have kept KDH on think the only sub needed was Albrighton for Mcateer that’s what cost us imo bringing off KDH

Mcateer was doing fine though full of energy great to see 

Meh, I'm not on board with that for a winger or inside forward he literally doesn't know how to play through balls, hit the overlap or, even, pass the ball forwards. He can improve, but he's not the one. 

Maresca isn’t learning. Stop defending 1-0 leads and sitting in inviting pressure. It’s happened numerous times now and we keep reverting to it. First half they didn’t have an attack because our intent was to attack. Why do we change!? 

if he doesn’t learn to not do this we will get battered in the prem. 

We need quite a few signings in the summer too. 

• Like 4

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

We should have kept KDH on think the only sub needed was Albrighton for Mcateer that’s what cost us imo

After being a doubt you can’t blame them for bringing him off. Think that’s an exact copy of Boxing Day. We dominate. Take a lead. Concede a lucky late equaliser. But we only have ourselves to blame. Their keeper makes a couple of worldie saves to keep them in it. Haven’t been impressed by them either time we’ve played them. Can quite easily see them dropping into the playoffs. We’ve got to get better at closing at these kind of games instead of sitting on a 1-0 lead playing pretty football then inviting teams on. 

Reckon we’ve been screwed out of a penalty against these again as well. Why does KDH go down there? If it’s no penalty why’s he not booked for diving? 

Still in a very healthy position with plenty of winnable games coming up. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Our buildup play is painfully slow 90% of the time. We are so easy to read going forward. Just doesn't seem to flow like it needs to.

The wheels are coming off. Loss at Coventry then 9 days to prepare, then throw it away again. You could see it coming, why can’t the manager

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Not sure how easily we’ll get promoted when we keep throwing away 1 nil leads away. At least 9 points dropped so far in injury time. 

because this level is shit and we are better than that. this doesn't mean I am unequivocally happy with recent games

• Like 1