Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

Leicester 1-1 Ipswich Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

In our last 5 games that we've held a 1 goal lead at 70 minutes, we've let the lead slip.

Against WBA by some miracle we went and got the winner, but make no mistake, this is a real problem.

We're not going to be 2 or 3 up against many teams next season, assuming we don't bottle this.

Absolutely can not just stop playing football and wishing games away. Football matches do not win themselves.

There's just an arrogance that we have done enough. Unless you 3-0 up you've never done enough. The team is talented. Buy they play in such a prescribed formulaic way. They can't react or be spontaneous. They just tick along expecting a positive outcome to be inevitable. Sadly not always lads 

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Meh, I'm not on board with that for a winger or inside forward he literally doesn't know how to play through balls, hit the overlap or, even, pass the ball forwards. He can improve, but he's not the one. 

If we can get half decent money….. sell. He’s bang average

• Like 1

Just now, frany104 said:

Maresca isn’t learning. Stop defending 1-0 leads and sitting in inviting pressure. It’s happened numerous times now and we keep reverting to it. First half they didn’t have an attack because our intent was to attack. Why do we change!? 

if he doesn’t learn to not do this we will get battered in the prem. 

We need quite a few signings in the summer too. 

What’s more frustrating is we looked so

comfortable going forward cutting through them and finding space with ease. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shen said:

Faes in particular looked dazed and drunk at times.

But they weren't helped by a weak midfield and lack of movement up front.

There was plenty of movement from Cannon, we just don't seem to want to play those type of balls. Cannon is going to be a beast, one of the areas I really have no complaints about today. I wouldn't have bothered bringing Vardy on to run around and point at stuff for the last ten, that's for sure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Our buildup play is painfully slow 90% of the time. We are so easy to read going forward. Just doesn't seem to flow like it needs to.

We need Justin and KDH on the same side as Stephy. There is no point him doing all the hard work for Kasey to pass back to Justin and kill any momentum. 

Kasey could’ve sealed the game if he didn’t run for the ball like my dog on the kitchen lino. He's either too scared to do anything with the ball or doesn’t know what to do with it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Bert said:

What’s more frustrating is we looked so

comfortable going forward cutting through them and finding space with ease. 

If we carried on with the first half intent, there was only one winner. If Maresca can’t see this he isn’t a manager who’s going to thrive in the premier league. 

• Like 1

Frustrating result and the manner of the result makes it feel a lot worse than it was is. 

let’s be honest we should have been out of sight we crested more than enough chances to win this 3 or 4. Keeper was man of the match and there were a couple cleared off the line, it was a sucker punch but we created more than enough to win that game tonight, we need to be more ruthless when in the ascendency. The reason we are conceding late goals is because we haven’t been killing teams off and then that gives them the opportunity to release the shackles and have a go. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

We should have kept KDH on think the only sub needed was Albrighton for Mcateer that’s what cost us imo bringing off KDH

Mcateer was doing fine though full of energy great to see 

Agree with this to an extent. McAteer for me lacks some quality though, he works hard, and he has to because as a winger he doesn’t have the individual ability or threat of a Mavididi or Fatawu. 

When we get promoted we will need better in our squad, that’s for sure.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Meh, I'm not on board with that for a winger or inside forward he literally doesn't know how to play through balls, hit the overlap or, even, pass the ball forwards. He can improve, but he's not the one. 

He covered a lot of distance and worked hard but as you say didn’t really threaten much though.

Ultimately Enzo needs to give them a licence to play free football. It feels like he has the team on such a tight leash, even more so when we go 1-0 up. Nobody wants to be the man to try something adventurous and give it away so it ends up always being a safe sideways or backwards pass. No wonder we never get the crucial second goal. Albrighton needed to come on 30 minutes earlier. He is exactly what we need.

• Like 2

Bit annoying, but not the end of the world. 

If ipswich play like that for the rest of the season i can't see them finishing in the top 2, that should have been over long before they scored - I'm sure we'll hear the same old complaint that we sat back after we scored, but we didn't, we just played our normal game and we created more than enough chances to have added to our lead - we just didn't have that final ball and when we did Hladky pulled off a couple of fantastic saves.  And then the obligatory fluke goal at the end, there wasn't much we could have done about it.

If i have any criticism, it's that we needed fresh legs earlier.  KDH was clearly knackered and mcateer was done - i know we're a bit thin in the midfield right now, but yunus looked lively and albrighton might have pulled something out of the bag.

Still, 1 point closer to promotion. And one less of the 'good' teams to play.

• Like 4

You can see it's a big drop off between him and Abdul. Maybe he's not completely match fit after a long lay off, but does seem very one dimensional. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, shen said:

He looked ropey after he was smashed in the face by an Ipswich player.

• Like 1

We end the day with the same points lead as we had going into the game. 

Closest rivals and two six-pointers out the way with honours even. Ipswich were 4th in the form table since October.

Our next half dozen or so games are against teams 9th - 23rd and we will continue to steamroll them.

Look at Cov - an incredible twelve game run, including beating us, gone up 14 league places and we've still managed to extend our points lead over them because we're a class above everyone except an unusually high-performing Championship top 4.

None of this fills me with confidence for the PL though. We aren't converting dominance into goals, we're not putting games to bed and we seem to have gone from most goals scored in the last 15 to most conceded.

Edited by Bourbon Fox
  • Like 1

There was plenty of movement from Cannon, we just don't seem to want to play those type of balls. Cannon is going to be a beast, one of the areas I really have no complaints about today. I wouldn't have bothered bringing Vardy on to run around and point at stuff for the last ten, that's for sure.

But we literally play those types of balls. The Doyle assist for Cannon springs to mind. But Ipswich were all over our forwards and midfielders so any high balls got snuffed out. 

If Cannon makes runs and is constantly ignored, it's also on him to offer more support instead, on could say.

18 games left. 8 points up on 3rd. Southampton gained 1 point on us in the last 10. No panic here. 

We need a few victories on the bounce to get us going again.

The lads looked mentally and physically fatigued in the last 10 today. Hopefully, a win in the cup and a fixture to look forward to will give them the spark they need. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

He covered a lot of distance and worked hard but as you say didn’t really threaten much though.

Because if anything, his movement is too good and the rest of the team are too good at passing backwards and slowing everything down. Everything I've seen from Cannon in the last few weeks indicates he is the best striker at the club, which seems a sad state of affairs given the money we've spent in that area. 

4 minutes ago, shen said:

I'm not taking the piss here, perhaps he should have been taken for a HIA. Luongo planted his shoulder into Wout's jaw. He was all over the place after that.

That was ****ing snidey from Luongo. Genuinely believe he should have seen red for that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MalletFox said:

Agree with this to an extent. McAteer for me lacks some quality though, he works hard, and he has to because as a winger he doesn’t have the individual ability or threat of a Mavididi or Fatawu. 

When we get promoted we will need better in our squad, that’s for sure.

Mcteer may be called a 'winger' but did you see him take ONE defender on tonight and cross the ball??  Surely that's a wingers job? No! He received the ball and EVERY time ( he hardly played a forward pass all night ) he passed it backwards.....pathetic!

• Like 2