Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

Leicester 1-1 Ipswich Post Match Thread

Just now, bmt said:

I know he's not 100% but taking KDH was criminal imo. And Cannon had loads left in the tank and looked dangerous. We live and learn

Definitely wouldn't have taken him off, he gets a chance it is on target

17 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Bet your someone who would of been saying that 2 seasons in a row when we bottled 4th, staggering how little some people realise 

Of course not, I’m annoyed like everyone but there’s no need to have a massive meltdown. We are still top of the league. We should have signed Sensi by the time we play our next game. Things are really not that bad🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, bmt said:

I know he's not 100% but taking KDH was criminal imo. And Cannon had loads left in the tank and looked dangerous. We live and learn

KDHs legs had gone by 60mins bearing in mind he's trained once all week. Same with Kasey, lacking game time.

3 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Jesus Christ - exact same ludicrous reaction as when we dropped the games against leeds and Boro.  

We have played well in both the games you mention - coventry was a bit beyond our control and even then we were still in front with 10 to go, tonight we were up against the best keeper in the league and, allegedly, the best strike force in the league, who got a lucky goal - that's not the wheels coming off!

As for 'seeing it coming' - in the last 40 minutes they had 2 shots on target - the goal and the deflected shot it came from - they really didn't look like scoring - conversely  in that period we had 4 shots on target - there really should have been only one winner, but ipswich just seem to get the luck just when it matters.

They didn't look like scoring on Boxing Day either. Sheff Wednesday didn't look like scoring. Neither did Middlesbrough at the Riverside. Goals can come from nothing, that's the point. We need to put sides to the sword more (like Millwall for example, so if we do concede from nothing it doesn't matter).

Think there's a few comments that are unfair to Ipswich. We certainly dominated the first half but in both games they stuck at it, made the right subs and kept going. All the things we didn't do sadly.

Yes, we probably should have been out of sight by HT tonight, but they deserved the draw and credit for that. Their season continues to be quite remarkable for a team that came up with limited budget.

We need to look at our own limitations at the moment and sort them out. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Same bracket as the Sheff Weds, West Brom, Ipswich Boxing day fixture and a few more. 

No pro-active subs and poor game management.

Enzo doesn’t appear to be learning.

Very frustrating. 

I wished he learn a little quicker. Starting to pee me off

31 minutes ago, glasgowfox said:

Agkun is awful...opinion

4 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Odd take from his cameo in this match, but agree that he hasn’t set the place alight. 

He came on with 10 minutes to play after we seem to have lost all momentum and still created a decent chance. Wouldn’t judge anyone on such snippets.

• Like 2

Just now, iancognito said:

KDHs legs had gone by 60mins bearing in mind he's trained once all week. Same with Kasey, lacking game time.

KDH was still our best pressure on the ball in midfield, but yes I accept not quite his normal engine (which is the best in the football league). Kasey should have gone first. 

Just now, wignalll2007 said:

Of course not, I’m annoyed like everyone but there’s no need to have a massive meltdown. We are still top of the league. We should have signed Sensi by the time we play our next game. Things are really not that bad🤷🏻‍♂️

not saying right now if you look at the table we are in a bad position but there’s still 18 games left and the way things are going we could be neck and neck within 5 games where as we should of near enough had the league wrapped up by then

6 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I don't think we did - 2nd half we had more possession and more shots on target, despite ipswich raising their game and pushing for an equaliser - it was a perfectly good managing of the game until we made a mistake.  If we don't make a mistake, we win that 1-0 and no one's complaining.  Or argue it another way - their keeper makes two incredible saves, our keeper fudges the ball under his body - nothing to do with our tactics or approach, simply incidents that favoured ipswich.

Naah. For about 70 minutes we were how you described. From around the 70-75 minute mark they were consistently getting into dangerous positions in our third and were in the ascendancy. I messaged my mate on 70 saying we're in control, we don't look like scoring, but Ipswhich dont look like having the ball. 

Within minutes of sending that they had got into 2 or 3 promising positions. Aside from McAteer being far too slow to Yunus' ball we spent the rest of the game pretty much being bossed. Had we come out with a win at that point it would have been a case of being thankful to have escaped.

18 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's a good job Jannik is out of contract then isn't it.

With some of his performances this season, I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re considering a new contract for him. If we do go up, then I certainly wouldn’t keep both Vestergaard & Coady, one of them will have to go.

19 minutes ago, shen said:

Faes in particular looked dazed and drunk at times.

But they weren't helped by a weak midfield and lack of movement up front.

Glad you pointed out the weak midfield. Would we get away with playing Winks as a DM in the Premier League? I’m not so sure. He was another one that got more and more exposed in those last 20 mins.

21 minutes ago, Langston said:

I thought Faes was awful tonight. 

TBF to him, I thought he pressed superbly well at times tonight.

But in those last 20 mins, his erratic approach that we have seen numerous times before reared it’s ugly head again.

He really needs to cut that out from his game, it’s the only thing that’s stopping him from being a pretty good CB.

I have no problems with a late equaliser, it's happens. But passing corners backwards to the point where you eventually lose the ball and taking free kicks backwards that are 10 yards into the oppositions half are not signs of positivity. This was a game where we would need more than one goal to win the game, Ipswich were bound to come at us as we tired, but we were trying to play the game out with 30 mins left. There was a hint of arrogance in that performance. 

A real shame as we'd done well against a very decent side.

Edited by Vestan Pance

Yeh actually annoyed with that tonight. They really aren't all that and were there for the taking. We'll win the league because most teams are dross, but some lessons aren't being learnt.

Edited by Number 6

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Typical overreaction to the result and Southampton form on here.

Another day we win convincingly.

Southampton on there god like run of 20 games unbeaten run have taken 3 more points then us. 

Usually the first to take this line of thinking myself, but the inability to close out a game is not only incredibly frustrating, but unless we sort it, it will become a genuine achilles heel. 

It's put a real downer on things for me. I don't think it's a player staff problem, it's an ideology. You can see how the players just stop playing football at 70 minutes if we're defending a tight lead. People will say don't think about the EPL, but it's difficult to imagine this problem not rearing it's head next season. It speaks to that soft underbelly that relegated us last season. Why can't we do the dark arts like pretty much every other team does? One sub on 88 minutes, another on 90, that kind of thing. Take the sting out of the game.

Given we will need to win games by a goal if we're to get by next season, that's going to be one hell of a problem. Not many games next season we'll be 2 or 3 up with 20 to play.

The last 5 times we've had a 1 goal lead with 20 to go, we've let it slip. It's a pattern.

We're too good for the vast majority of teams in this league and we have a big gap, so I have no worries about this season. 

Isn't it funny though that whenever a half decent team applies pressure, we crumble? Doesn't bode well.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Do we though?

Trying to hang on to 1 goal leads and conceding late on is becoming a bit of a worrying theme.

So their keeper didn't make some great saves and they also cleared one of the line or did I imagine that? 

16 minutes ago, frany104 said:

If we carried on with the first half intent, there was only one winner. If Maresca can’t see this he isn’t a manager who’s going to thrive in the premier league. 

But the second half was entirely different - 1st half Ipswich were passive and happy to sit back, we had over 60% possession and were looking for a goal, in the 2nd half they started pressing us and pushing for an equaliser - it's impossible for us to play with the same intent under those conditions (which is not to say that we were devoid of intent).

Maresca plays the same regardless of the score and that's part of the problem of people's misperception  - because our way of attacking is patient and meandering it's easy to think that we're being passive but we're not - after the goal we had 11 shots to 9.

We played well, created the better chances, but came undone at the final hurdle by a freak moment.

3 minutes ago, iancognito said:

He had 10 mins. He's barely started any games. I'd have played him over McAteer who offers very little as a "winger"

The one moment he had he picked the wrong pass and over hit it.

Should have played in Vardy.