Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

Leicester 1-1 Ipswich Post Match Thread

Still think we go up, still think we win the league and still think we’ll get 100+ points but there seems to be a few things that are creeping in now that need to be addressed.

So far this season we’ve had a poor game or 2 then go on a winning run so hopefully with some kinder fixtures coming up we can get back to winning. 

They won a corner about 30 seconds into the 2nd half and you instantly knew what sort of half it was going to be. 

doom merchants must be loving it atm,

personally thought we played well first half, probably could have been more than 1 up, felt like we took our foot off the gas a bit second half even then we had chances to finish it before they got the leveller

one of them games for me, alot better than we played at their place, and imo if we had everyone here/fit, Ndidi, Fatawu and Daka, imo i think we'd have won that, but it is what it is

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

not saying right now if you look at the table we are in a bad position but there’s still 18 games left and the way things are going we could be neck and neck within 5 games where as we should of near enough had the league wrapped up by then

Yeah but i personally can’t see that happening. Bar the teams at the very top the quality of the league is terrible! 

Edited by wignalll2007

Guest glasgowfox
Just now, NaijaFox said:

Get real? lollol

Yes. We all have opinions it's called a forum.  I did not suggest you should  get real! Just responded to your opinion.  I stick by mine. I think he has nothing to offer other than making the bench if we are really short of players.  Said respectfully, maybe you should try it.

11 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Bit harsh their Keeper made a couple of great saves. 

I get what you're saying, and the fanbase is perhaps ungenerous in expecting us to batter everyone. 

Ipswich turned up and played football.

Just annoying because we have a pattern emerging of doing the hard work and not making it count.

8 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

There's a strong argument to that effect. 

Hladky makes two top drawer saves, we have 8 shots in total on target; Ipswich forced 1 save out of Mads before getting a deflected shot and a bungled scuffed tap in.

For all our 'hanging on' between our goal and theirs we had six shots on target to their one - could we have had more? - maybe, but to say we were just hanging on is horribly incorrect - we had more then enough chances to get a second, whilst they weren't anywhere near getting a goal.

If you play with the ball in their half instead of constantly going back to your own keeper you will not concede. We invite pressure onto us by insisting on ball retention for the sake of it .

im all for possession but there’s a time and place. Keep the ball in their half. How many times did we have our attackers all up in their half, second half? Very few. Maresca is not learning. 

you keep mentioning about the shots. How many games have we had when we are not clinical enough. Couple that with late pressure invited on by ourselves and we are a recipe for conceding late and crumbling. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

If you’re going to pass it around at the back to try and create space, then for godsake exploit that damned space. Don’t just stop, turn round and pass it back again. 

I know we’re at the top of the league, 8pts clear of whoever blah blah, but I tell you something I think you all know, it won’t stay that way unless we wise up, sharpen up and find better ways to exploit our possession. 

I'll contradict myself here as I've said it's an ideological issue.

BUT, you make a good point here and Justin was probably the most guilty party. He's terrified of losing the ball or being at fault.

I'd rather have Doyle back there if we're not relying on Justin's recovery runs. At least he might be able to pick a pass in the space left in behind the chasing team. 

But I come back to it. Shit house it if you have to! Just break the game up by making subs every couple of minutes. So frustrating.

4 minutes ago, HereBeFoxes said:

I mean you’re absolutely right, of course, but I’ve been supporting Leicester since the late 70s. Optimism will kill you. 

I know how you feel but take solace that Ipswich didn't gain on us tonight and one game less to play 

24 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

not saying right now if you look at the table we are in a bad position but there’s still 18 games left and the way things are going we could be neck and neck within 5 games where as we should of near enough had the league wrapped up by then

That's a pretty extreme mathematically challenge.

If ipswich win all their next 5 games (they've taken 7 points from the last 18, but...) that would put them on 74, for us to be level with them we'd have to drop 7 points from those five games, so we'd have to manage at the most just two wins from games against swansea, stoke, watford,  sheffield and boro? Really?

9 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Still chokers aren't we. It's ominous.

Surely we're gonna do this, but my goodness I wouldn't back us in the playoffs, not one bit

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Naah. For about 70 minutes we were how you described. From around the 70-75 minute mark they were consistently getting into dangerous positions in our third and were in the ascendancy. I messaged my mate on 70 saying we're in control, we don't look like scoring, but Ipswhich dont look like having the ball. 

Within minutes of sending that they had got into 2 or 3 promising positions. Aside from McAteer being far too slow to Yunus' ball we spent the rest of the game pretty much being bossed. Had we come out with a win at that point it would have been a case of being thankful to have escaped.

Naturally the longer it went on the more they upped the pressure, but even then they didn't really test us and it took a bit of a freak goal to break the deadlock.

I think it's naive to expect us to get through to the final whistle without feeling under pressure, without them getting into some 'promising positions' - but i think most of their pressure we dealt with. yes it was some desperate defending at times, but that's to be expected.  Even the goal, if it doesn't take a deflection that's a routine save for Mads, and we see it out with three points.

Other than bring on some fresh legs earlier, i'm not sure what else we could have done.

• Like 1

Frustrated. We should have had 6 points from Ipswich, and came away with two.

I think we would have done better with JJ at left back, Ricardo as right inverted fullback, and Hamza playing further forward with KDH.

Mavadidvi was very isolated with the left back inverted, with little support, despite beating his man so often.

Subs too late, we were noticeably flagging towards the end.

I still think we will win the division, but why oh why do we always have to do it the hard way?

5 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

That's a pretty extreme mathematically challenge.

If ipswich win all their next 5 games (they've taken 7 points from the last 18, but...) that would put them on 74, for us to be level with them we'd have to drop 7 points from those five games, so we'd have to manage at the most just two wins from games against swansea, stoke, watford,  sheffield and boro? Really?

The way we’re playing I wouldn’t be that surprised but regardless we’ve got Soton and Leeds to play still we need the gap as big as possible

31 minutes ago, no9NodderFern said:

Just watched the manager interviewed on Sky 

He shrugs his shoulders and comes out with" that's football"

No! That's poor football!!

I don't get this great manager thing, my auntie Nelly could get this lot promoted.

Maybe your auntie Nelly should should get her frikin coaching badges then.

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Surely we're gonna do this, but my goodness I wouldn't back us in the playoffs, not one bit

If we drop into the play-offs we'd not win them. I think by virtue of having the best squad in the division we are going to get promoted. But there are still a lot of bad habits with us. We are still brittle in the face of adversity and I'll believe otherwise when I'm presented with evidence.

31 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

You can literally say this about any point in any season. "The way we are going" - we're coming off a ten man loss to Cov and a draw with the team in 2nd that's lost fewer games than us all season!

Prior to that we were unbeaten in 12 and took a 1 point lead over Ipswich to where it is now - 7 points. Even if we 'only' win 9 of our next 12 we'll still be ahead of Saints and that's IF they take maximum points. It's only in the last few weeks that we've even conceded more than one goal in a game.

It's a non-stop unforgiving league. Saints won't stay unbeaten, we'll all drop points. But right now we need to drop 10 more than them, just for them to go level. Chill 😊