Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

Leicester 1-1 Ipswich Post Match Thread

26 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

That's a pretty extreme mathematically challenge.

If ipswich win all their next 5 games (they've taken 7 points from the last 18, but...) that would put them on 74, for us to be level with them we'd have to drop 7 points from those five games, so we'd have to manage at the most just two wins from games against swansea, stoke, watford,  sheffield and boro? Really?

Don't forget, We're the team who manged the great escape when many said it couldn't be done.

One area Enzo has to improve on is substitutions. McKenna freshened his team up to great effect. Ours were too late. This has happened in other games this season. 

Also playing for a 1-0 win with half an hour to go. We were so much better than them in the first half but then retreated and invited them on for most of the second half. 

Guest glasgowfox
1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

Wow! Didn’t realize it was a called a forum. Regardless, my opinion is that your telling those who disagree with your opinion to get real is laughable.

Read the story and see the full picture!

17 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

The way we’re playing I wouldn’t be that surprised but regardless we’ve got Soton and Leeds to play still we need the gap as big as possible

Clarify this statement - because i'm not sure what would lead you to think we could take just 8 points from 5 games.

Because, our last 6 games we've taken 2.17 points per game (third best in the league)

And our last ten we've taken 2.3 points per game (2nd best in the league)

So exactly what way are we playing that suggests we're about to run into form that returns just 1.33 points per game (which would still be the 11th best over the last 6 games)?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Totally deserved?

And question his use of 'struck' to describe the equaliser - more of a scuff or bundle that somehow squirmed underneath the keeper

6 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Don't forget, We're the team who manged the great escape when many said it couldn't be done.

What does that have to do with anything?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

He's doing a great job but it's all a little OTT.

I'd normally agree as these things wind me up but I'm seriously impressed with them. It's the toughest relegated trio in years and they've kept pace with them post promotion from League One. They've got by a mile the weakest squad of the top four. I can't not be impressed by that.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

And question his use of 'struck' to describe the equaliser - more of a scuff or bundle that somehow squirmed underneath the keeper

He's been talking a lot of shite on twitter recently, really gone off him as a journalist.

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’m not even sure how to begin other than that was utterly dreadful. 

So let’s start from the top, first half was alright. We looked in control and deserved the lead…. Second half is where things go south.

Was tonight an example of managerial and tactical ineptitude? Or a manager trying to be far too clever and it backfiring? 

That formation was frankly ridiculous, thankfully Ipswich are dog, a team with a more potent attack could have well taken us to the cleaners. I think it’s unfair to jump on Hamza, because he was asked to play a role far beyond his capabilities, both in and out of possession he was diabolical tonight, and looked lost. Then there was Ricardo, where exactly was he playing? Because he was nowhere near Winks who was made to play in midfield pretty much by himself. KDH was nothing short of horrendous, and MacAteer deteriorated rapidly as the game wore on. 

Second half was an absolute shambles, we may as well have put orange shirts on and played for Ipswich, ball retention was poor, the shape of the team was poor, and to be honest, I don’t think the lads had a clue what was being asked of them. There were pointless balls being lofted upfield, Mavadidi barely for a touch in the second half and to make matters worse, the more likely Ipswich started to look, the less we did. 

Tactically everything was wrong today, Maresca dropped a bollock. I’ve defended him stoutly this season, but I’ve now got some major concerns about him. I like his philosophy, but he is so inflexible with it that it’s going to start becoming a hindrance. Today had nothing to do with available players, it had everything to do with improper use of those players. This team has the ability to walk this league, but Enzo is employing his philosophy over the strengths of the team, and today just completely undermined everything we’re trying to do. 

I don’t think we will win the league, Enzo has proven yet again that his own ideology outweighs what is best for the team. Southampton will end up breezing past us, and we’re going to have to fight to keep our place in the top two, which I don’t think we’recapable of. 

Enzo needs to gather his thoughts and have a serious think about the rest of the season, because as it stands, we aren’t going to be achieving what we should be. I’ve got the same gut feeling I had about Rodgers when I began doubting him, you can’t be so one dimensional with your ideology, not unless you’ve got the best players in the world….. asking Hamza to play that role today, would be like asking a learner driver to drive a train….. just was never going to work. 

Im just baffled by this performance tonight, it was absolutely abhorrent, and it shouldn’t have been…… tonight was as bad as it ever was under Rodgers, and I’m not sure I can trust Maresca to do what’s necessary to put it right. 

Ricardo played a role he’s not trained for all season, and Hamza isn’t as good as Ricardo at the back. Kasey just isn’t Fatawu.  I think the patched up parts made us far weaker, and it took its toll on everyone. We looked leggy by the 70th minute, but I don’t think it was anywhere near as bad as you make out. 

2 issues for me is we weren’t clinical (we had 2 golden chances to stretch the lead that should have been taken) and we got very leggy and didn’t make changes quickly enough. We were better and should have won. I’m pissed off but I don’t buy into all the doom.

Everything to one side, a draw is worse for them than us. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lillehamring said:

I don't think we did - 2nd half we had more possession and more shots on target, despite ipswich raising their game and pushing for an equaliser - it was a perfectly good managing of the game until we made a mistake.  If we don't make a mistake, we win that 1-0 and no one's complaining.  Or argue it another way - their keeper makes two incredible saves, our keeper fudges the ball under his body - nothing to do with our tactics or approach, simply incidents that favoured ipswich.

'...and no one's complaining'. Are you new here?? 😄 🤣 😂 

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'd normally agree as these things wind me up but I'm seriously impressed with them. It's the toughest relegated trio in years and they've kept pace with them post promotion from League One. They've got by a mile the weakest squad of the top four. I can't not be impressed by that.

True but I think they are on the slide, form over the last 10 games 6th and over the last 5 10th with 1 win in 5.

7 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

LOL! Really drilling down, are we? One would think he using the term in a colloquial, rather than literal, sense.

1 hour ago, City_4_Life said:

Absolute shit all round

Really? By comparison to Premier League it’s like Man City drawing with Liverpool, thought we played some great football tonight, should have won, it was clear KDH was tiring….squad is thin team needs our backing, win against Swansea, is that one defeat in thirteen? FFS

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I think you've forgotten what you said - the point being made is that we were the better team and did enough to win, regardless of what you think of our tactics, we still had more and better chances and thus, going back to the original question - yes we did do enough to have won most days....

We didn't. We played well for the first 45 mins then dropped considerably in the second half.

Ipswich grew in to the second half quite easily and bar a 5 minute spell where we looked the better side it was largely them in the front foot.

Continued possession for possession sake is starting to hurt us. No question we've been lucky at times against others coming back atvus strongly but as to be expected our incredibly deliberate and predictable style starting to play out as well used record to the opposition. Simply going backwards and playing ourselves in to needless problems all too often looks like a recipe for disaster.

By all means point to the league table, no question we've made a great go at this but races aren't won half way round the track. 

• Like 2

Arrogance, complacency and a lack of ruthlessness are starting to become all too common traits of this team.

We have the best group of players in the division - a sizeable number of them full internationals - yet we rarely kill inferior teams off as we should. And then we invite them back into the game. It’s an attitude problem as well as a tactical faux pas in my opinion - and needs sorting pronto.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

LOL! Really drilling down, are we? One would think he using the term in a colloquial, rather than literal, sense.

Professional interest ;)

6 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

We didn't. We played well for the first 45 mins then dropped considerably in the second half.

Ipswich grew in to the second half quite easily and bar a 5 minute spell where we looked the better side it was largely them in the front foot.

Continued possession for possession sake is starting to hurt us. No question we've been lucky at times against others coming back atvus strongly but as to be expected our incredibly deliberate and predictable style starting to play out as well used record to the opposition. Simply going backwards and playing ourselves in to needless problems all too often looks like a recipe for disaster.

By all means point to the league table, no question we've made a great go at this but races aren't won half way round the track. 

And yet still created more chances than Ipswich.

I'm pretty sure if you asked any neutral they'd say - 'yeah, another day that's 3-1 leicester'  - we all know we were the better team, we all know we created more and better chances, we all know that they didn't really threaten us til they got a lucky goal.  I'm don with this silly conversation.

I thought we made them look very ordinary to be honest. First half we were excellent, aggressive, didn’t give them time to breathe, and didn’t give them chance to get into any rhythm. They were always going to come out second half and have a go, but other than the first 5/10 minutes, I thought we got control back and had a few chances to add to the lead. We were tiring towards the last fifteen minutes and I’d have made the subs earlier. Their goal could have happened regardless, but fresh legs get out to Luongo for me and close the shot down. 

I thought we deserved to win but fair play to Ipswich for hanging in there. Ndidi is a massive miss, his physical presence in this league is such an asset. We really need another body in this window as we are looking light in the middle. The late subs and the trend of conceding late goals is undeniably linked, and we need to start changing it sooner, however I can appreciate we are a bit thin on the ground at the moment. 

Edited by DerbyshireFox
  • Like 1

Watched it back ‘As live’ here in the states after a long day at work. First reaction was “how the **** are these second?” Terrible outfit who should’ve been down to 10. We had ample chances but very wasteful.

We’ll still walk it. 

Imagine you got back to your little car after streaming out with half the stadium and you still thought it’s 1:0. Embarrassing 

37 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

What does that have to do with anything?

The point is teams can go on a losing run and often do just as easy as a winning run.

Past results mean very little, What we've achieved todate only increases the pressure on the team to replicate similar results. Even more so when you start dropping points.

Not only are you holding yourself back but your giving belief to the opposition that your not invinceable and can be beaten.

• Like 1