Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

Leicester 1-1 Ipswich Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, ScowcroftsUglyMole said:

Ipswich fan in peace (again).

Thank you very much for a very enjoyable 15 minute skim of this thread. I thought our fans had a more prominent tendency than other team’s supporters to be hyperbolic, but you guys really take it to another level.

You're currently half way through walking the league in spectacular fashion and set to break a lot of records on the way. Despite this, a significant portion of you are wetting the bed because you only managed a draw against your closest competitors this season (despite still being 7 pts clear of 2nd).

For what it’s worth - I thought you were by far the better side tonight, and Boxing Day was a closer affair. I seem to be in the minority with this opinion though!

What I can’t understand, is the snobbery a lot of you have towards us as the ‘plucky underdogs with a shoestring budget’.

”Et tu, Brute” is the phrase that springs to mind.

In 2016 you won the title, but evidently you lost a bit of class in doing so. All the best in the Prem, maybe we’ll see you there.

I accept that we're not going to win every game and we were up against a side in Ipswich who are where they are on merit. I've said that if Ipswich get promoted then McKenna should win manager of the season. If Ipswich were to drop off significantly, it would have happened by now. 

I am however feeling nervous about the rest of this season. We still have to go to Leeds, Hull and Sunderland, as well as having to face Southampton at home. How nervous I am feeling is testament to the relentless pace that the top four have set. In any other championship season we would be totally out of sight with 66 points from 28 games. 90 points in the championship has never not been enough to win automatic promotion, but it's looking all the more likely that it won't be enough this season. I think we will need at least ten more wins to get promoted. 

We just not that good.

I think we will get promoted, but this squad is only just good enough for that... if we go up, we are going to get hammered unless we get some quality in.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I have to disagree. There's no snobbery at all towards Ipswich. The majority of the posts here are directed towards our team and we have every right to criticise and point out the issues we see in our team. You can also check the other thread here and you will see dozens of posts praising Ipswich. 

On the other hand, the team we support have quite recently won a PL title, reached the CL quarter finals (and the semis of the Conference League thingy), won the FA Cup, won the Charity Shield, missed twice at the last day the CL football, what do you expect us to do, be happy we might get an automatic promotion back to PL? 

If having ambitions based on recent success isn't classy then yes I've personally lost a bit of class. 

I agree with ya mate. Not sure why Ipswich fan seems to think ‘a lot of us’ are entitled, cocky or not classy. Some are lol but each to their own. There was a time when we were a yoyo club but those days have long gone. What we’ve achieved since 2015 has fundamentally changed us as a club, how other elite clubs see us. We can’t go back to what we were despite this relegation which everyone knows was a fiasco that should never have happened. We inflicted self harm.

Leicester simply does not belong in this league and this season will be seen as an anomaly in the anals of history. This is a fact not arrogance. Our criticism towards our team performances is because we know they can perform better. I would even go so far as saying it’s disrespectful not to show up every game and dismantle the opposition. We are merely looking ahead and planning for the level we will need to be at to compete again in the premier league that’s all. 

I think we are that we are unlucky that we didn’t win the game. 

In simple terms, xG had us as 1.20 against Ipswiches 1.18. So on the face of it, a draw. 

When you look at the xGOT though, it has us as 2.32 vs 0.91. xGOT also measures the quality of our shooting, so it clearly shows we should have scored more than one and the keeper kept them in the game. 

Another day, we win that game. 

We pick ourselves up and go again, as to win every game is near impossible in every division. 

We always knew Afcon might be a bit iffy for us. Abdul losing his head plus the recall of CC has not helped. We will be back on track shortly.  The other teams at the top have difficult games to play too!!

This league is crazy and there will be numerous twists and turns for all the teams in the top 6.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ScowcroftsUglyMole said:

Ipswich fan in peace (again).

Thank you very much for a very enjoyable 15 minute skim of this thread. I thought our fans had a more prominent tendency than other team’s supporters to be hyperbolic, but you guys really take it to another level.

You're currently half way through walking the league in spectacular fashion and set to break a lot of records on the way. Despite this, a significant portion of you are wetting the bed because you only managed a draw against your closest competitors this season (despite still being 7 pts clear of 2nd).

For what it’s worth - I thought you were by far the better side tonight, and Boxing Day was a closer affair. I seem to be in the minority with this opinion though!

What I can’t understand, is the snobbery a lot of you have towards us as the ‘plucky underdogs with a shoestring budget’.

”Et tu, Brute” is the phrase that springs to mind.

In 2016 you won the title, but evidently you lost a bit of class in doing so. All the best in the Prem, maybe we’ll see you there.

We’ve been subjected to horrific mismanagement, and have had to watch the club attempt to destroy itself from the inside out. And having to watch roughly two years of Brendan Rodgers rip the soul out of the club is enough to turn any fan sour, no matter the event history. 

You’re not wrong, we should be more grateful, no club of our size will ever have a decade like we’ve had. But, we’re bitter because we’re in this position through sheer incompetence not a lacking of quality or finances (as the local papers will have you believe). 

Anyway, your assessment of us maybe premature, as it seems our manager will do everything within his power to piss this away. 

Disappointed to drop 2 points late on, especially as we had the chance to put it to bed by the time they got back into it.

Hopefully when Fatawu, Ndidi, Daka, Iheanacho and hopefully Sensi (plus 1 more) are available we’ll have more depth to help us see these games out. He didn’t trust the bench last night 

• Like 1

If we played any further back as the game wore on last night we’d have been playing at Filbert Street.

Yes we had the ball which blinds a lot of people into thinking we were being positive but with or without the ball ultimately we were sitting 11 men back, playing within our own half…18 yard box, I don’t see how anyone can see that any other way but negative.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

Clarify this statement - because i'm not sure what would lead you to think we could take just 8 points from 5 games.

Because, our last 6 games we've taken 2.17 points per game (third best in the league)

And our last ten we've taken 2.3 points per game (2nd best in the league)

So exactly what way are we playing that suggests we're about to run into form that returns just 1.33 points per game (which would still be the 11th best over the last 6 games)?

Probably because the players will be feeling a lot more pressure and have 1 point in 2 games and threw yesterdays game away right at the end we’re not playing as good or look as confident as we did 5 games in so the PPG is irrelevant 

6 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

It's in our hands,  we got this! Trust in the process!

Exactly. The team in third currently need to average 0.5 points per game more than us to over take us. 

I can see a sustained challenge from Southampton and possibly Ipswich, but they require almost flawless form and we need to stall a few more times. Southampton are on an insane run, but they’ve had a really good and lengthy run on fixtures on the easier side. They have some tougher fixtures from now on. 

Ipswich have mastered beating lesser sides, but whenever they have played a good side they look ordinary. Really annoying we haven’t got max points from them, as I think that’s been deserved.

1 hour ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Disappointed to drop 2 points late on, especially as we had the chance to put it to bed by the time they got back into it.

Hopefully when Fatawu, Ndidi, Daka, Iheanacho and hopefully Sensi (plus 1 more) are available we’ll have more depth to help us see these games out. He didn’t trust the bench last night 

Exactly. Just need to see who he brought on. Yunus and an ageing Albrighton. And the GOAT obviously.

10 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Exactly. The team in third currently need to average 0.5 points per game more than us to over take us. 

I can see a sustained challenge from Southampton and possibly Ipswich, but they require almost flawless form and we need to stall a few more times. Southampton are on an insane run, but they’ve had a really good and lengthy run on fixtures on the easier side. They have some tougher fixtures from now on. 

Ipswich have mastered beating lesser sides, but whenever they have played a good side they look ordinary. Really annoying we haven’t got max points from them, as I think that’s been deserved.

Leicester*

• Haha 1

Wish people would stop using that bloody 'on another day...'  excuse. May as well be chatting about the butterfly effect or the infinite universes theory. Yes on another day their keeper let's those shots in and we win but equally on another quite different day he still saves them, the defender clears rather than scores an og and we lose the game rather than draw. Again on another another day almost every shot we have goes in and we completely stuff them which is much better than the another day when the ref sends one of our players off and we lose to a really dodgy penalty, similarly on another day... ad infinitum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2