Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

Leicester 1-1 Ipswich Post Match Thread

3 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Trying to calm down after the event but my hot take still is that we haven’t won an important game again. 

Park the tactics at the door and everything else. Sometimes it’s about sheer will and desire but when it comes to the end, this squad is coming up short in those situations. 

Getting a bit tired of ‘we will be okay’. Particularly given last season. Actions of a club off the pitch still leaving in a PL daydream. 

We have a huge advantage of 21 teams in this division. We should be ambitious enough to say let’s win. 

Opening game against Cov fairly important, Southampton away also up there. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Opening game against Cov fairly important, Southampton away also up there. 

Didn’t play that well v Cov and Saints were in poor form going into that. 

Either way that’s August and September, a long way from now 

• Like 2

It's killing off teams that worries me. Ipswich were poor, regardless of their position in the table, we should have beaten them. I see how Leeds got 4 against them (twice). We had numerous chances without really looking like scoring.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Didn’t play that well v Cov and Saints were in poor form going into that. 

Either way that’s August and September, a long way from now 

Not what you said though was it, you said we still haven't won an important game. You haven't said performances in important games haven't been great, you've referenced results, and said we haven't had the will and desire to win these games, well by your latest reply the Cov game is a perfect example of us doing just that. The Southampton game was off the back of us losing to Hull, I'd also argue Watford was important off the back of two defeats. Regardless of how long ago it was you've made out we haven't done it this season when we have.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, frany104 said:

A good result… Ipswich were poor and were there for the taking. 

They were poor 1st half, but we were equally as poor 2nd half.

Would have taken a draw before KO.

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

If we drop into the play-offs we'd not win them. I think by virtue of having the best squad in the division we are going to get promoted. But there are still a lot of bad habits with us. We are still brittle in the face of adversity and I'll believe otherwise when I'm presented with evidence.

I’ve said it for years. We need a Keane type player in the middle, a nasty galvanising bastard - not exactly like Keane, obviously, or he’s be sent off every match. Hamza has the ugly streak but not the leadership.  IF we get promoted we will be able to buy two or three players and that’s not enough for this style. We will get absolutely slaughtered most games. 

10 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I don’t care what peoples excuses are and what other things they have to do on a Monday night or traffic or whatever. 
When the team is back to the wall in a 1st v 2nd game, most teams need their joke support to get them over the line.

Our support sits silent all night then heads home at 85 mins.

Shit support

But if they don't get home early, how are they going to get on here in time to be the first to moan about late goals?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

And yet still created more chances than Ipswich.

I'm pretty sure if you asked any neutral they'd say - 'yeah, another day that's 3-1 leicester'  - we all know we were the better team, we all know we created more and better chances, we all know that they didn't really threaten us til they got a lucky goal.  I'm don with this silly conversation.

Embarrassing yourself my friend. 

If you can't see the problems in front of you then stick to the statistical day job.

On your basis we should never have won the premier league, circa 30% possession, less shots....

More to football than checking the match stats. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, frany104 said:

A good result… Ipswich were poor and were there for the taking. 

We're Ipswich poor? I thought they defended very well and restricted us to very few chances. Particularly in the second half I thought their press was very good, and full of energy. A better final ball and they'd have been in a few times. Overall we seemed to struggle to break them down when we had possession outside their box. I think we edged it, but not massively.

44 minutes ago, trooky said:

Typical over reaction from this forum, and a good result considering the makeshift midfield we had last night. 

Would like at least 2 new midfielders this transfer window.

Every other team in the division would kill for our midfield 

12 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I’ve said it for years. We need a Keane type player in the middle, a nasty galvanising bastard - not exactly like Keane, obviously, or he’s be sent off every match. Hamza has the ugly streak but not the leadership.  IF we get promoted we will be able to buy two or three players and that’s not enough for this style. We will get absolutely slaughtered most games. 

Yes we won't be able to play like we do now. Vestergaard and Faes walking the ball almost up to the halfway line. It's scary enough to watch at times at the moment, although it does mainly work. However in the Prem....

6 hours ago, ScowcroftsUglyMole said:

Ipswich fan in peace (again).

Thank you very much for a very enjoyable 15 minute skim of this thread. I thought our fans had a more prominent tendency than other team’s supporters to be hyperbolic, but you guys really take it to another level.

You're currently half way through walking the league in spectacular fashion and set to break a lot of records on the way. Despite this, a significant portion of you are wetting the bed because you only managed a draw against your closest competitors this season (despite still being 7 pts clear of 2nd).

For what it’s worth - I thought you were by far the better side tonight, and Boxing Day was a closer affair. I seem to be in the minority with this opinion though!

What I can’t understand, is the snobbery a lot of you have towards us as the ‘plucky underdogs with a shoestring budget’.

”Et tu, Brute” is the phrase that springs to mind.

In 2016 you won the title, but evidently you lost a bit of class in doing so. All the best in the Prem, maybe we’ll see you there.

To be fair to our fans, we seem to be in a no win situation this year. We win games and get criticised for celebrating because we've got the biggest budget in the league and should walk it. And yet when we drop points we're arrogant for having a bit of a moan.

Obviously some of the reaction is over the top, happens on all football forums I've ever seen. And I'm sure you're right that the title win had an impact on the mindset of some fans. Add in the fa cup and European football in recent seasons and you'll have to forgive us for not wanting to party at a home draw against Ipswich (closest competitors or not). 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, frany104 said:

If we carried on with the first half intent, there was only one winner. If Maresca can’t see this he isn’t a manager who’s going to thrive in the premier league. 

8 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Enzo is doing a fantastic job and the players talk glowingly about his methods, and what we have achieved so far should not be sniffed at. I'm happy he is our Manager, but…

I have noticed that he seems a little bit too content with some of our losses and draws and I can’t help think there is a mentality growing in the squad that is lacking a ruthlessness. Listening to Justin today pre match, he was suggesting if we don’t get anything today then it won’t define our season. He’s correct of course, but I hear Enzo talking like this often too, and I think it encourages a ‘Just grateful to be in this position’ and ‘We’ll be OK’ attitude, worryingly similar to Bodger’s last year which also permeated throughout the squad and made us a bit of a soft touch.

We are also missing a few nasty players in the squad, who will bully the opposition and our own players if needed! 

The quality of our squad alone should keep us in the top 2, but I’d like to see Enzo and the players start to sound more ruthless and aggressive in how we are going to achieve this promotion. Games like tonight are more about mentality than tactics or opposition. A couple of red flags are emerging in that regard and we need Enzo and the players to get on top of them before it becomes an even bigger issue.

Still confident when we have Ndidi and Fatuwa back, on top of a new CM, we will get over the line, but we may make hard work of it unless we find that ruthless swagger needed. 

Enzo was asked in the post match interview about what lead up to the late Ipswich goal and his answer was ' Well that's football'. A little concerning  😟 

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Woke up and still fuming. Feels like a real low point of the season. General fatigue of the season, loads of games, injuries, another slow transfer window, not learning lessons and dropping points to a crap Ipswich again. 

You've taken the words out of my mouth. Exactly what I was about to post. I won't lie, after the collapses from similar positions in 2019/20 and 2020/21 I'm now starting to worry. What is clear is that our squad is not as strong as we all thought, which is why Enzo is seemingly reluctant to make substitutions in tight games against the better teams. Our options at 8 are currently particularly threadbare. Last night we had a probably not 100% KDH and a full back in those roles. Let's hope we sign Sensi (and he manages to stay fit), and that Wilf is back quickly. 

21 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Woke up and still fuming. Feels like a real low point of the season. General fatigue of the season, loads of games, injuries, another slow transfer window, not learning lessons and dropping points to a crap Ipswich again. 

Get ya pecker up - Wilf is back much sooner than anticipated. Great news!

• Like 1