Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

Leicester 1-1 Ipswich Post Match Thread

Ipswich were sat 3rd before yesterday and have sat most of this season sat second. You can’t just “kill them off”. They are a group who’ve played together for many years. They have a manager who will be the next big thing in the PL. 

Killing teams off isn’t a given right. It’s a skill that is mastered. One of the hardest in football. Yes it’s frustrating, the result. Given Ipswich are a team (as we’ve seen) who are evidently punching many levels above their weight but it’s not a disaster. 

This isn’t like Brendan’s many collapses where Tielemans and Maddison would be hugging opposition players thanking them for not kicking them. This is pissed off Enzo turning away and Winks and KDH arguing on the pitch. It’s a skill we haven’t mastered yet but will do.

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Embarrassing yourself my friend. 

If you can't see the problems in front of you then stick to the statistical day job.

On your basis we should never have won the premier league, circa 30% possession, less shots....

More to football than checking the match stats. 

Talking about embarrassing posts.

How do you know that the poster you’re replying to only factors in basic stats?

It’s weird. We’re 7 pts clear of Ipswich making a draw a much better result for us than for them. Then fans moan that we’re not clinically enough, which typically is a way of saying “I don’t get football” - it’s a low scoring game which means that you’ll see the team playing better draw or lose much more often than say basket. That’s how it works. Now, we’re still comfortably number 1. Let’s be positive and not sound like Man U fans, shall we?

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

After all the talk of us falling off a cliff due to last nights result, its worth remembering that Ipswich gained a grand total of zero points on us last night. 

If anything we saw that Ipswich are not all that and will likely drop a lot of points moving forwards. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

After all the talk of us falling off a cliff due to last nights result, its worth remembering that Ipswich gained a grand total of zero points on us last night. 

Yeah, I'm trying to see it as us giving them a helpful pull back up into the big boy seats, above Saints and Leeds 😁.

Yes, this is very much copium.

1 minute ago, Foxy DK said:

Talking about embarrassing posts.

How do you know that the poster you’re replying to only factors in basic stats?

It’s weird. We’re 7 pts clear of Ipswich making a draw a much better result for us than for them. Then fans moan that we’re not clinically enough, which typically is a way of saying “I don’t get football” - it’s a low scoring game which means that you’ll see the team playing better draw or lose much more often than say basket. That’s how it works. Now, we’re still comfortably number 1. Let’s be positive and not sound like Man U fans, shall we?

You lost me at "making a draw".

We threw away a win. 

Guess we all see things differently 👍🏻

10 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Same bracket as the Sheff Weds, West Brom, Ipswich Boxing day fixture and a few more. 

No pro-active subs and poor game management.

Enzo doesn’t appear to be learning.

Very frustrating. 

he will learn 10 games into next season he will be on the dole .IDIOT

10 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Same bracket as the Sheff Weds, West Brom, Ipswich Boxing day fixture and a few more. 

No pro-active subs and poor game management.

Enzo doesn’t appear to be learning.

Very frustrating. 

SUBS DONE NOUT AGAIN QUICKER VARDY RETIES THE BETTER ,I DONT SEE IPSWICH AS A THREAT MORE LIKE SAINTS ITS THEM THEY GAINED FROM LAST NIGHTS CRAP DRAW

Southampton have been on a terrific run, but if anyone watched their game against Swansea at the weekend, as good as they are going forward, they can be a complete bombscare at the back. They conceded 3/4 clear cut chances in the final 15 minutes and if Swansea had a modicum of composure in front of goal then we would up be talking about their capitualtion.

I still believe we will go up and as most likely as champions, Saints will likely battle with Ipswich and Leeds for automatic promotion. Our performance last night was pretty good and the quality of our play excellent, we need a little bit more quality to capitalise on the great positions we create but then lack the creativity/quality to profit with the final ball. If we can add that quality with Sensi then I think we kick on again. 

For all those doom and gloom mongers, if you were offered 66 points after 28 games back in August, would you have accepted it? We lost to Leeds and Middlesboro in consecutive matches and there was a meltdown then on this forum from some. I'm confident over the remaining 18 games we will win at least 10 of them, if not more.

Edited by MGLCFC
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Yes we won't be able to play like we do now. Vestergaard and Faes walking the ball almost up to the halfway line. It's scary enough to watch at times at the moment, although it does mainly work. However in the Prem....

But it’s Enzo’s way. He’s shown no real ability to change is successfully when we’ve needed to this season. No plan B. So he’s likely to persist in the Prem, IF we get there. I can only foresee disaster. Let’s just hope we galvanise ourselves and get there. Currently I can see another collapse on the horizon - but that is only my opinion. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, george55 said:

he will learn 10 games into next season he will be on the dole .IDIOT

Not going to happen is it. We will back him and rightly so. Top isnt exactly known for knee jerk reactions is he! 

If Enzo gets us up this season he fully deserves a season in the Prem. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

But it’s Enzo’s way. He’s shown no real ability to change is successfully when we’ve needed to this season. No plan B. So he’s likely to persist in the Prem, IF we get there. I can only foresee disaster. Let’s just hope we galvanise ourselves and get there. Currently I can see another collapse on the horizon - but that is only my opinion. 

You dont need a plan B you just need 18 players that are good enough to play plan A. We dont have them currently its as simple as that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

You dont need a plan B you just need 18 players that are good enough to play plan A. We dont have them currently its as simple as that. 

We need to be less predictable. Push a full back on occasionially, mix it up. We spent all second half doing the same thing in our own third, it's just dire.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Not sure what there is to be all that negative about to be honest. 

Any time we don't lose to Leeds, Southampton or Ipswich it's a great result. We're top of the league because we're getting more points against everyone else than they are and that isn't likely to change. 

We were seven points clear before last night, now it's eight. 

Ipswich have managed two draws with us after we've completely outplayed them because they've gotten freak deflections. Sometimes luck just swings, it's not really a big deal. If not for their keeper having an absolutely excellent game, we'd have been out of sight long before then.

Dont even think the second half was as bad as people make out. How much did they really create? 

We just have an unbearable fan base who throw their toys out the pram, god forbid we actually draw a game!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Not sure what there is to be all that negative about to be honest. 

Any time we don't lose to Leeds, Southampton or Ipswich it's a great result. We're top of the league because we're getting more points against everyone else than they are and that isn't likely to change. 

We were seven points clear before last night, now it's eight. 

Ipswich have managed two draws with us after we've completely outplayed them because they've gotten freak deflections. Sometimes luck just swings, it's not really a big deal. If not for their keeper having an absolutely excellent game, we'd have been out of sight long before then.

Dont even think the second half was as bad as people make out. How much did they really create? 

Yep think they had a half chance from Burns that Mads tipped over after about 55 minutes but then they just huffed and puffed. I would say that we had the better chances in the second half.

Should have been 3/4 nil up before they equalised but that's football.

8 days rest now until Swansea.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

You lost me at "making a draw".

We threw away a win. 

Guess we all see things differently 👍🏻

I didn’t say that we “made a draw”, I said that our position in the league “makes a draw better for us than for them”.

But you knew that, I’m sure. You can write all the nonsense you want, would just be nice if you stop calling other posters’ opinions embarrassing.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Yep think they had a half chance from Burns that Mads tipped over after about 55 minutes but then they just huffed and puffed. I would say that we had the better chances in the second half.

Should have been 3/4 nil up before they equalised but that's football.

8 days rest now until Swansea.

Got Brum on Saturday before Swansea.