Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

Leicester 1-1 Ipswich Post Match Thread

We massively lack having anyone on the bench who can put a bit of fear into the opposition. 

Look at the subs we made yesterday Akgun and Albrighton are brilliant at passing the ball but neither of those two are going to take players on in 1v1's. 

Then we had Vardy who relies on having creative players around him to provide chances. 

Compare that to Ipswich who brought on Hutchinson, Broadhead and Sarmiento.

All of those three were more than happy to run at our defenders and it caused us massive problems late on in the game. 

We didn't help ourselves either by taking off both KDH and McAteer and leaving only Mavididi on the pitch as our main attacking threat so he was easy to nullify. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

You dont need a plan B you just need 18 players that are good enough to play plan A. We dont have them currently its as simple as that. 

Well, we do else we wouldn’t be sat top of the league 7 points clear. 

• Like 1

The inability to hold onto leads is beginning to properly hit us. 

Luck isn't with us currently; their keeper has made 3 brilliant saves. On another day one of those or the other half chances go in and the official sends off their bloke. 

13 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

You dont need a plan B you just need 18 players that are good enough to play plan A. We dont have them currently its as simple as that. 

Nor will we in the Premier League and THAT is the issue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Not sure what there is to be all that negative about to be honest. 

Any time we don't lose to Leeds, Southampton or Ipswich it's a great result. We're top of the league because we're getting more points against everyone else than they are and that isn't likely to change. 

We were seven points clear before last night, now it's eight. 

Ipswich have managed two draws with us after we've completely outplayed them because they've gotten freak deflections. Sometimes luck just swings, it's not really a big deal. If not for their keeper having an absolutely excellent game, we'd have been out of sight long before then.

Dont even think the second half was as bad as people make out. How much did they really create? 

the way some of our fans are being after 2 results is frankly mind boggling, 

as you said today we'd have been out of sight if it wasnt for their keeper, 

the defeats we've had this season(minus the coventry one) have all been to fine margins and even then the games we've lost we could have easily got a point from on another day

some leicester fans are just drama queens imo

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

The inability to hold onto leads is beginning to properly hit us. 

Luck isn't with us currently; their keeper has made 3 brilliant saves. On another day one of those or the other half chances go in and the official sends off their bloke. 

Ipswich's luck is truly unrivaled. I never thought anything would surpass Notts Forest last season but here we are.

• Like 2

We were in control for a lot of the game last night, against second in the league. 

It was a very irritating end, and I get why people are frustrated, but we do need to relax a bit.

...a time for panic may well come, but there is no need to start after last night.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

We were in control for a lot of the game last night, against second in the league. 

It was a very irritating end, and I get why people are frustrated, but we do need to relax a bit.

...a time for panic may well come, but there is no need to start after last night.

key moments for most of  the game went against us imo,

plus their keeper had a blinder, its all is woe at times with some fans

27 minutes ago, george55 said:

SUBS DONE NOUT AGAIN QUICKER VARDY RETIES THE BETTER ,I DONT SEE IPSWICH AS A THREAT MORE LIKE SAINTS ITS THEM THEY GAINED FROM LAST NIGHTS CRAP DRAW

TAKE YOUR CAPS LOCKS OFF!!!

12 minutes ago, Foxy DK said:

I didn’t say that we “made a draw”, I said that our position in the league “makes a draw better for us than for them”.

But you knew that, I’m sure. You can write all the nonsense you want, would just be nice if you stop calling other posters’ opinions embarrassing.

No you didn't say "made a draw" you said "making a draw" as I stated.

But you knew that I'm sure 😉

54 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Hardly a make shift midfield was it.. Ricardo, Winks, KDH and Mavididi 

Ricardo isn't an 8 and neither is Yunus Akgun when he came on for KDH.

So yes when we where overrun at then end of the game and conceded it was a  very makeshift midfield.

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Ipswich's luck is truly unrivaled. I never thought anything would surpass Notts Forest last season but here we are.

Admittedly we see only the big things going for them; but you're right, they've avoided numerous penalties against them, numerous sending offs or second bookings and then a handful of massively deflected shots going in.

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Nah they deffo will. 

Squads pretty thin atm, reckon we’ll have 6 or 7 first teamers playing with KDH, Winks, Ricardo etc. getting 30-60 minutes each. 

Stolarczyk

Nelson Coady Doyle

Hamza Sensi

Albrighton Praet Akgun Wanya

Vardy

2 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

No you didn't say "made a draw" you said "making a draw" as I stated.

But you knew that I'm sure 😉

You've completely misread his post btw.

2 hours ago, Gubbins said:

Wish people would stop using that bloody 'on another day...'  excuse. May as well be chatting about the butterfly effect or the infinite universes theory. Yes on another day their keeper let's those shots in and we win but equally on another quite different day he still saves them, the defender clears rather than scores an og and we lose the game rather than draw. Again on another another day almost every shot we have goes in and we completely stuff them which is much better than the another day when the ref sends one of our players off and we lose to a really dodgy penalty, similarly on another day... ad infinitum.

Yeah i get what you mean totally agree, BUT on another day, just think what could have been! 

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Worrying similarities between people excusing another bottle job against a very average side last night and the two collapses under Rodgers. 

Obsessed with "perspective" and "the bigger picture" glossing over the here and now. Then we miss out on CL twice in a row and everyone wonders how we got here. These dropped points add up. 

for me on that, you could see the collapses under Rodgers coming, cos we was poor towards the back end of the season, like really poor, 

where as for me, Ipswich have some crazy luck and the chances we created on another day, we'd have been 2/3 up at HT

and even the games we've dropped points this season we could have easily nicked a point at least from

for me i'd be more concerned if we didnt create anything, generally poor displays.

1 defeat in 13 games and that one was when we had 10 men, 

• Like 1

The sub I would have made would have been to move to a more traditional 4-2-3-1. I'd have taken Hamza off for the natural left footer in Doyle for that last 10 minutes because I felt like we struggled to play out.

Hermansen

Justin Vestergaard Faes Doyle

Winks Ricardo

McAteer Akgun Mavididi

Vardy

10 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Worrying similarities between people excusing another bottle job against a very average side last night and the two collapses under Rodgers. 

Obsessed with "perspective" and "the bigger picture" glossing over the here and now. Then we miss out on CL twice in a row and everyone wonders how we got here. These dropped points add up. 

They aren't similar at all really are they. Dropping points in a game against a local rival whilst having someone sent off and drawing last night are in no way similar to people defending the collapses and subsequent relegation season under Rodgers.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

The sub I would have made would have been to move to a more traditional 4-2-3-1. I'd have taken Hamza off for the natural left footer in Doyle for that last 10 minutes because I felt like we struggled to play out.

Wouldn't have even crossed the managers mind as he's obsessed with a full back inverting into midfield. It's restricting our play, we go through the same routine all match and 99% of the time we just pass back and don't make it past the half way line. Starting to long for the day we see an overlapping full back again.

12 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

the way some of our fans are being after 2 results is frankly mind boggling, 

as you said today we'd have been out of sight if it wasnt for their keeper, 

the defeats we've had this season(minus the coventry one) have all been to fine margins and even then the games we've lost we could have easily got a point from on another day

some leicester fans are just drama queens imo

Fine margins are what get you out of this league. In isolated incidents, I would agree with you. Except they aren't and the pattern in the way we drop points is all too familiar. Great to be top of the league but would be foolish to bury our heads in the sand and ignore for the remainder of the season. Especially when we have previous with the botched 4th place finishes

The vast majority of us feel we lost control of the game after their subs/our subs.

Considering it felt like they had large amounts of possession and numerous opportunities, they had 3 shots on target altogether, caught out again by a deflected shot.