Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

Leicester 1-1 Ipswich Post Match Thread

10 hours ago, STUHILL said:

That’s exactly what you are. Take it as a compliment if some (keyword, some!) of our fans are wound up by your good form and continued push for automatic promotion despite your perceived squad quality.

I am also not really sure what you expected to find on here right after we conceded an 89th minute equaliser, with a big dose of Deja Vu from our last game with you.

Frustration and lashing out is exactly what you would find on any Forum with a last minute late equaliser.

Come back tomorrow when we’ve slept on it 😆

Cos there'll be more of the same.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Flappit said:

This is balls, sorry. Ipswich weren't awful and they had 11 attempts. That's not "very few". This revisionism and pointing at the gap we have is great, but if we'd carried on our points accumulation from earlier in the season, we'd be a lot further clear right now. Back in November after 16 games we were on 39 points when analysis based on chances showed we were outperforming the stats. We've had this before in our recent years and had no end of people on here and elsewhere try to claim we've got better strikers, etc. and stats are meaningless. Well, no, they're not. In isolation they don't tell you much, but over an extended period they do historically show a true reflection and even the article pointing at our (and Ipswich's) 39 points said: "However, both Leicester (eight points) and Ipswich (nine) have significantly outperformed their expected points totals from their 16 games, based on underlying performances in attack and defence. Has luck been on their side, and will that luck run out?". Maybe we're just going through a bad patch, but our PPG is gradually dropping off. We need to make sure it doesn't drop too much further or we will get caught.

Just got round to reading these as got waylaid listening to Brian on Talk Sport (words fail me).  Some of the arrogance and entitlement is disappointing.  We hd a game plan and it worked - we always play more defensively away from home.  You were by far the better first half but on balance not much between us overall and good for the point, as we were at home.  You have to bear in mine our squad is worth very little compared to yours and we dont have the championship experience that you and others have, yet we are competing and holding our own against far bigger and better teams.  We were not awful and our subs done what they needed to do. I still think you'll win the league and fair play, you've been the best team we've played and are in the league - your position is by merit not fluke. As I would argue is ours - if it wasn't we wouldn't be where we are or have lost the least amount of games in the league.
Our boys have a togetherness that is second to none and never give up - that's rare and valuable.

will we go up - who knows. Do we really care - probably not - we are out performing where we thought we would be and enjoying the ride, and proving a point that lesser clubs can compete
Now we need a striker as we dont have any at present

• Like 2

Two things would raise the quality of threads like these:

1. People read just a tiny bit about how statistics work, especially sample sizes and outcome bias.

2. People stop making football forums an outlet for their general frustrations in life.

11 minutes ago, Lizzibee said:

Just got round to reading these as got waylaid listening to Brian on Talk Sport (words fail me).  Some of the arrogance and entitlement is disappointing.  We hd a game plan and it worked - we always play more defensively away from home.  You were by far the better first half but on balance not much between us overall and good for the point, as we were at home.  You have to bear in mine our squad is worth very little compared to yours and we dont have the championship experience that you and others have, yet we are competing and holding our own against far bigger and better teams.  We were not awful and our subs done what they needed to do. I still think you'll win the league and fair play, you've been the best team we've played and are in the league - your position is by merit not fluke. As I would argue is ours - if it wasn't we wouldn't be where we are or have lost the least amount of games in the league.
Our boys have a togetherness that is second to none and never give up - that's rare and valuable.

will we go up - who knows. Do we really care - probably not - we are out performing where we thought we would be and enjoying the ride, and proving a point that lesser clubs can compete

I’m not sure where you are getting the bolded bit from! We haven’t been in the Championship for 10 years (longer ago than you), the only player we have who played in it with us last time is Vardy and of our starting 11 last night, off the top of my head, probably only 4 have played in this league before this season (KDH, Choudhury, Cannon and Mavididi).

13 minutes ago, Foxy DK said:

1. People read just a tiny bit about how statistics work, especially sample sizes and outcome bias.

2. People stop making football forums an outlet for their general frustrations in life.

On point 2 it's a microcosm of the fan base though isn't it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MPH said:

This almost looked like a purposeful “I need some  new players” game 

Then he can **** himself if he wants to start the self indulgent Rodgers tricks 

So hoping it wasn't and it was just his usual poor subs. 

58 minutes ago, Lizzibee said:

To come on making accusations of arrogance and entitlement and then type out that post is brilliant. You want to look a bit closer to home.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Foxy DK said:

If only. 

51 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I’m not sure where you are getting the bolded bit from! We haven’t been in the Championship for 10 years (longer ago than you), the only player we have who played in it with us last time is Vardy and of our starting 11 last night, off the top of my head, probably only 4 have played in this league before this season (KDH, Choudhury, Cannon and Mavididi).

Being a bit literal here - almost all of our players have significant experience at a higher level than the championship, that is the point.

5 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

To come on making accusations of arrogance and entitlement and then type out that post is brilliant. You want to look a bit closer to home.

Doesn't sound arrogant or entitled to me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Being a bit literal here - almost all of our players have significant experience at a higher level than the championship, that is the point.

Disagree. The Ipswich fan I quoted had already moaned immediately before about how much our squad cost compare to theirs which is the effect of playing at a higher level. They then specifically said ‘more experienced at this level’. Sorry, if you haven’t played in the Championship at all, you have the same level of experience in this league regardless of whether your career to date has been in League 1 or the Premier League. I’d say League 1 is probably a more similar league experience wise!

Thought we played well but when you don't get the second goal the risk is run of it costing you. Their keeper made some great saves and the final ball was lacking at times. Felt our best players were Vestergaard, Ricardo and Mavididi, McAteer did well enough but we did miss Fatawu. Choudhury isn't up to it, though.

Need to be more clinical next week.

15 hours ago, Milo said:

I probably would’ve taken a draw at the beginning of the day. 

But that’s really annoying. 

Excellent first half, passive second half and you just knew that they’d get something. 

Though Hamza was good.

I’d have taken 4-0 just like Leeds managed. 

5 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I’d have taken 4-0 just like Leeds managed. 

Well obviously. 

But I honestly don’t think we’re very good against teams that have a bit about them. 

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

Then he can **** himself if he wants to start the self indulgent Rodgers tricks 

So hoping it wasn't and it was just his usual poor subs. 

I think the subs were late but nit sure I agree they were poor I think both taking off KDH and Mcateer were enforced changes. KDH as just back from injury only trained in one session, and Mcateer as he had cramp

2 hours ago, Lizzibee said:

I’m convinced that Brian and Gurinder are plants from Talksport. 

Brian has a London accent and as much as I hate our fans, I’ve never met any with opinions as stupid as theirs.  

• Like 1

In fairness I think we thought a while ago that AFCON would be our potential sticky spell. Oddly it's happened because of injuries and suspensions to players who should have been at the tournament, but it was probably to be expected. It's why the very good December was so vital.