Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

Leicester 1-1 Ipswich Post Match Thread

5 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Why? I dont think anyone at the club truly believes this set of players would survive in the premier league. 

We would strengthen and if we didn't we would be in for a dog fight of a season. 

If we do go up this season the players aren't the concern. Its the fans. The majority cant back the players that are at the top so god knows what they will be like if we are fighting for our lives at the bottom. 

We won’t have the money or the room to manoeuvre within FFP to being the players in we would need. Some, yes, but not enough for this style of play. So your dog fight metaphor is bang on. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

We won’t have the money or the room to manoeuvre within FFP to being the players in we would need. Some, yes, but not enough for this style of play. So your dog fight metaphor is bang on. 

If we do end up in a dog fight then so be it. We need to recruit well and learn from our past mistakes. If we become a yoyo club for a few years we only have ourselves to blame. 

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

If we do end up in a dog fight then so be it. We need to recruit well and learn from our past mistakes. If we become a yoyo club for a few years we only have ourselves to blame. 

I think it’s very likely we’ll be a yo-yo club.

The current squad couldn’t cope in the Premiership for long and it looks like we haven’t got big money to spend  

5 hours ago, Lizzibee said:

Just got round to reading these as got waylaid listening to Brian on Talk Sport (words fail me).  Some of the arrogance and entitlement is disappointing.  We hd a game plan and it worked - we always play more defensively away from home.  You were by far the better first half but on balance not much between us overall and good for the point, as we were at home.  You have to bear in mine our squad is worth very little compared to yours and we dont have the championship experience that you and others have, yet we are competing and holding our own against far bigger and better teams.  We were not awful and our subs done what they needed to do. I still think you'll win the league and fair play, you've been the best team we've played and are in the league - your position is by merit not fluke. As I would argue is ours - if it wasn't we wouldn't be where we are or have lost the least amount of games in the league.
Our boys have a togetherness that is second to none and never give up - that's rare and valuable.

will we go up - who knows. Do we really care - probably not - we are out performing where we thought we would be and enjoying the ride, and proving a point that lesser clubs can compete
Now we need a striker as we dont have any at present

In the first half we outclassed you to be honest. In the second half, fair play you had more of a go at us but created little clear cut - in fact,  up until the deflected pot shot that led to your equaliser you'd had 1 shot on target in 85 minutes against the 7 we'd had (drawing some really good saves from your keeper in the process). So I don't quite buy the  narrative that you deserved a point. If you'd not scored that rather fortunate late goal I don't think many would have said you'd been robbed by coming away with nothing. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Lizzibee said:

Just got round to reading these as got waylaid listening to Brian on Talk Sport (words fail me).  Some of the arrogance and entitlement is disappointing.  We hd a game plan and it worked - we always play more defensively away from home.  You were by far the better first half but on balance not much between us overall and good for the point, as we were at home.  You have to bear in mine our squad is worth very little compared to yours and we dont have the championship experience that you and others have, yet we are competing and holding our own against far bigger and better teams.  We were not awful and our subs done what they needed to do. I still think you'll win the league and fair play, you've been the best team we've played and are in the league - your position is by merit not fluke. As I would argue is ours - if it wasn't we wouldn't be where we are or have lost the least amount of games in the league.
Our boys have a togetherness that is second to none and never give up - that's rare and valuable.

will we go up - who knows. Do we really care - probably not - we are out performing where we thought we would be and enjoying the ride, and proving a point that lesser clubs can compete
Now we need a striker as we dont have any at present

The sob story is less compelling when you've signed up to another club's forum and typed it all out when no-one asked.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

In the first half we outclassed you to be honest. In the second half, fair play you had more of a go at us but created little clear cut - in fact,  up until the deflected pot shot that led to your equaliser you'd had 1 shot on target in 85 minutes against the 7 we'd had (drawing some really good saves from your keeper in the process). So I don't quite buy the  narrative that you deserved a point. If you'd not scored that rather fortunate late goal I don't think many would have said you'd been robbed by coming away with nothing. 

100% agree you outclassed us - I think we did based on the second half displays but just my view :-)

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think it’s very likely we’ll be a yo-yo club.

The current squad couldn’t cope in the Premiership for long and it looks like we haven’t got big money to spend  

That's why loan recruitment will be so key for me. 

Unless Top invests heavily he should be looking to sell the club or seek to get outside investment to give us a boost if we get promoted. I think the plan was if we stayed up last season that Top was keen to sell.

14 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Surely doesnt matter who would buy us - FFP is the issue. Pretty sure KP have the ability invest, but are blocked by those contraints.

Irrelevant whether they do or don’t 

We’ll have to do it on a tight budget - as will many PL clubs. The market will be quite different. 

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

@Aleksz @Chelmofox

Possibly it’s the fact I was still angry after Coventry, I agree with a lot of the points you’ve made, I just felt ultimately we could have won that game had we made an effort to get that second goal. 

Think there’s a lot of that about to be honest so fair play for recognising it. All I say is if we play like that in 90% of the games we have left we win this league at a canter. Onto Swansea :scarf:

4 hours ago, Pliskin said:

@Aleksz @Chelmofox

Possibly it’s the fact I was still angry after Coventry, I agree with a lot of the points you’ve made, I just felt ultimately we could have won that game had we made an effort to get that second goal. 

Oh, we definitely should have won in on Monday. Ipswich deserved nothing from the game, and it boils my pi55 that they managed to luck out at the end. Riccy should have hit the target in the first half and the Akgun/MacAtter moment should have been buried. We made the effort and there were enough chances (also counting the Cannon shots), so im not worried about effort. We just seem to go through these phases were we aren't clinical. 

Our last 2 goals have been a penalty (which at the time i felt we were lucky to get), and an own goal (Mavadidi's cross was finding noone from our team). 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rupert Von Suckalemon said:

It would be interesting to know how much time we waste playing keepy ball.

difficult staying awake to time it………

Our goal was the end of a 42 pass phase of possession

whether we could have got stephy one on one and a lack of CB cover without needing all 41 of the preceding passes would be the question ?? 

51 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Our goal was the end of a 42 pass phase of possession

whether we could have got stephy one on one and a lack of CB cover without needing all 41 of the preceding passes would be the question ?? 

I watched it back and few times and Ipswich get back into their shape absolutely fine about 3 times. The real move starts with mads about 7 or 8 passes before Stephy's cross.

The final 3 passes in the move are way more impressive than the first 39 put together.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I watched it back and few times and Ipswich get back into their shape absolutely fine about 3 times. The real move starts with mads about 7 or 8 passes before Stephy's cross.

The final 3 passes in the move are way more impressive than the first 39 put together.

I felt the same as you watching it initially but I think we need perspective that keeping the ball so long will make the opposition more likely to lose concentration or  their discipline of shape.  Of course it’s likely an accident of timing that we put those aggressive last few passes in when we do - if we didn’t have players in the right place then we’d probably recycle back through the phases again. Reminded me a bit of wilfs goal at Southampton 

Maresca would say that the final three passes are only possible because of the 39 that went before. Not something that can be proven either way. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Lizzibee said:

100% agree you outclassed us - I think we did based on the second half displays but just my view :-)

I agree with you that you deserved a point based on the 2nd half. It seemed inevitable. On the balance of play overall a 1-0 Leicester wouldn't have been unreasonable either but no need for bitterness. I wish you well and hope you come up with us 

• Like 1

On 23/01/2024 at 18:04, Sunbury Fox said:

Agree. Was a fair result at Portman rd ( albeit Ipswich should’ve been down to 10 and KDH should’ve had a Penalty) but at the KP it was very much a case of us gifting Ipswich a point. 

Guest Col city fan
7 hours ago, deep blue said:

Our usual modus operandi is to wear the opposition down and tire them out by the 2nd half, but that rather worked in reverse this time :(

Exactly this.

Ipswich got stronger the longer the game went on.

Enzo needs to change it up sometimes I think. A second for us, in the first half when we all over them, kills the game off

On 23/01/2024 at 20:02, Happy Fox said:

Unless Top invests heavily he should be looking to sell the club or seek to get outside investment to give us a boost if we get promoted. I think the plan was if we stayed up last season that Top was keen to sell.

Where on earth have you got this from? 

On 23/01/2024 at 01:54, ScowcroftsUglyMole said:

Ipswich fan in peace (again).

Thank you very much for a very enjoyable 15 minute skim of this thread. I thought our fans had a more prominent tendency than other team’s supporters to be hyperbolic, but you guys really take it to another level.

You're currently half way through walking the league in spectacular fashion and set to break a lot of records on the way. Despite this, a significant portion of you are wetting the bed because you only managed a draw against your closest competitors this season (despite still being 7 pts clear of 2nd).

For what it’s worth - I thought you were by far the better side tonight, and Boxing Day was a closer affair. I seem to be in the minority with this opinion though!

What I can’t understand, is the snobbery a lot of you have towards us as the ‘plucky underdogs with a shoestring budget’.

”Et tu, Brute” is the phrase that springs to mind.

In 2016 you won the title, but evidently you lost a bit of class in doing so. All the best in the Prem, maybe we’ll see you there.

I havent read much of the thread, but we must have watched different games.

We were the better side first half, you was the better side second half, and on reflection of that 1-1 was a fair result.

My issue is nothing to do with snobbery, thinking we entitled to beat you, its quite simple really, we played to hold on to a 1-0 lead for the entire second half.  If we gave it a go and lost, I would have preferred that to what happened.  The same happened at the game at your place, you came back stronger late on, and you seem to even have a pattern of this during the season, but despite this we didnt play a in way to counter your strengths, thats where the frustration is for me.  Nothing to do with wetting the bed and snobbery.

If anything I have been giving you guys respect for most of the season saying you wont drop off.

I think take a step back and think about what you posted, as it isnt quite a coming in peace type post.

Edited by Chrysalis