Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

Leicester 1-1 Ipswich Post Match Thread

Snowdrift, I think you misread this forum when you talk about arrogance..  Many on here have shown great respect for what you have achieved and would like to see you promoted.  You must forgive those on here whose knowledge extends back only 20 or 30 years - during that period we have been usually the superior team - but rest assured that oldies like me still remember the top title winning Ipswich side of the late 50s (?). If I remember rightly your 2 stonking forwards were Ted Phillips & Ray Crawford. What a team that was!

3 hours ago, deep blue said:

Snowdrift, I think you misread this forum when you talk about arrogance..  Many on here have shown great respect for what you have achieved and would like to see you promoted.  You must forgive those on here whose knowledge extends back only 20 or 30 years - during that period we have been usually the superior team - but rest assured that oldies like me still remember the top title winning Ipswich side of the late 50s (?). If I remember rightly your 2 stonking forwards were Ted Phillips & Ray Crawford. What a team that was!

1961/62. First.div title 80/81 &81/82 runners up 82 UEFA cup….

let Ipswich fans,name to the faces…Relegated 64..

image.jpeg.178f64be8105b071b99398d1de955d44.jpeg

On 24/01/2024 at 16:21, filbertway said:

I remember us putting together many delightful one touch moves in the 15/16 season, i'm fairly sure they weren't the result of 40 passes before hand :D 

I really do think that underestimating the power of individual quality and free thinking is negative by product of favouring possession. I imagine the theory all sounds great but when you see a  block of 10 men shuffling side to side for 3 or 4 minutes at a time. I'm not seeing much practical evidence to back up the theory.

It especially looks silly when a team can spend 10-15 mins putting long balls into our final thirds and we're at 6s and 7s due to the unpredictability of where a ball will land.

My gripe with the obsession of this style is people's insistence that it's the only way football should and can be played if you want to win and be successful. It's simply not true.

Yes sometimes,I do believe some fans run up that blind alley…of

looking at Enzo-system../Pep-system in a Kings-clothes scenario

and if you don’t buy into it,it’s you who has the Problem…

Its just at the moment,there is also no reason to criticise Enzo-system

for itself because it’s delivering and needs to grow and evolve.

In someways for some posters are still wanting to take Players to account,

but the squad and players have taken to,and not one player so far has failed

to deliver,all players selected,have popped up (annoyingly for some) with decent

to top performances. And Enzo deserves and earnt time and long period patience,

to slowly ( Rome wasnt built in a day) start to rectify some of the flaws & mistakes.

Because sometimes there is the fact,that Enzo keeps beating on about, no matter

how good you prepare and look at the games “should” perspectives football has a tendency to get in the way of one’s plans..!!

However on the other hand those that take their frustrations and see areas of improvement, believe we are holding out on ourselves,by saying we are too

often & easy delaying or missing obvious opportunities to break oppo lines.

Plus it’s still seems in each game,it takes awhile to get into our rythm & tact,which allows  considered poorer teams to  take the the initiative and create far too many moments of opportunity,while we fail to convert gilt edge chances..

Though I will defend Enzo-ideology & I believe it will evolve,and especially needed

when because of FFP rulings,our squad expansion or investment will be at the

minimum,and the bbone of the present squad can develope  and evolve together,

even the players,fans keep reminding us they will not give us the needed performances in the PL.I still say you ain’t got much choice,let’s first wait and see,

rushing to be next seasons trophy winner of the “told us so brigade” and or the next

dickhead that loves to be proven that he can’t pick ‘em & wishfull predications are not coming out has desired,is not worth this weekly effort..

That said,gameday fans critic on individuals all around performance,or a consistent error or shortfall on a player,or manager(s) performances are prudent and part of football. The manager seen  not to be rectifying perceived weak or fail areas

is also has prudent..

Fans dissing each other off on various team and game issues,is part of a forum…

but I do believe there are times ,when fans should keep their guns in their holsters,

and in our case tread not too carefully,but more selective. We are a totally

New squad,manager, ideology and system,it needs time and understanding that flaws & questionable descision making will be there,give it a full season to grow,adapt to elvolve,our position & situation ,everybody has earnt a certain amount of play room,and not a little respect.