Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

Leicester 1-1 Ipswich Post Match Thread

Absolute worst part is that, when 70 minutes rolled around and we looked totally gassed, I didn't just think that's what would happen, I actually KNEW we were going to **** it again.

So so predictable. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LVFox said:

We stopped playing 2nd half, and bottled trying to play through their press. Went aimlessly long way too many times and lost our grip on the game. We do it every time we are 1-0 up and a team presses us well.

A fair few looked shattered towards the end too. Enzo is a great tactician but obviously doesn't trust his subs.

Still, a point no disaster. I don't see Ipswich gaining 7 points on us from now until end of season.

Yeah but Southampton might! They seem to be tearing teams apart at thr moment, let's hope it ends soon and we hit another run of form.. we just need some more luck in front of goal! I'm extremely annoyed but I'm not worried.

Just now, TrentFox said:

Disagree re players. They went on the back foot. Agree, Enzo takes a huge portion of the blame tonight. Poor. Even from the stands. But players need to actually engage and be innovative and creative. Right now, I’m not sure they even feckin spell those words let alone demonstrate them. 

I think if you weren’t a fan of either side, you’d have watched that thinking we were comfortable. Because we were. 

But that’s football, if you don’t take your chances and it’s 1-0 these things can happen. 

Two things I’m reading consistently in here

1. Subs need to be made earlier

2. We need better players for the Prem

Substitute players by nature are ones who are not deemed good enough for the starting 11. If we take a starting 11 player off, a “worse” player comes on. That increases the “gap” in quality that the same people are whinging about.

and NO ****ING SHIT we need to improve for the Prem. We have Jannik ****ing Vestergaard as our star CB, it’s not going to cut it.

BUT FUNNILY ENOUGH we’ll have the money to do so, and with contract expiring, the space opens up more.

Stop worrying about the Prem, and worry about this.

IMG_9142.jpeg

• Like 2

It’s disappointing but we are being a bit overly critical of both Enzo and the team. Their keeper has just won man of the match. In the words of Big Ron, what was that for ? Playing kick about. 

We dominated the game. We had one cleared off the line and two or three top saves from their keeper. 

The subs were made at the right time - we were well on top despite Don Goodman telling me how good some guy I’ve never heard off coming off the bench for them was shrewd. 

They’ve got a jammy goal at the end and it hurts more because it’s happened twice against them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ran out of gas. Maybe incorporate Doyle into a back 4 with Hamza and Winks as someone metnioned.  I thought Winks faded as did McAteer. 

On the other hand, take the point vs the the closest competiton and beat up on the rest. Not the end of the world but dropping points late does bring back memories of Brendan Ball.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Not too concerned about the rest of this season. Weve got a cheat code squad and will go up.

Mentality is very poor though. No killer instinct and we fold under pressure. This is to inferior teams as well. God help us next season against squads that will be regularly better than us.

Frustrating but plenty of time for Enzo to learn and address this. Lessons need to be learned and we need to develop a stronger mentality though.

Enzo has had at least 4 games where his game management has been rank Rubbish!!  Tonight was another example of a poor 2nd half show after controlling the first half comfortably......lets pass back and pass back and pass back and pass back.......

• Like 1

We will get mullered if we go up without major surgery. As soon as Ipswich, who were crap most of the game, upped the press we lost our composure completely. 

I'll give Enzo a pass on the inertia in making subs today, Albrighton for McAteer I'd have done earlier but aside from that I don't think we had the quality to impact the game off the bench.

No point in going over the top, but we have to get more progressive on the ball at times. It's not even going against the philosophy because they're easy balls forward but it's almost like it's a game plan to go backwards at times. And it just gives encouragement to the opposition to come on to you. They're a well coached side but with the greatest respect their players are pretty limited and if we can't cope with them coming on to us then it's clear something isn't quite working 

• Like 1

Enzo comes across as being too laid back when interviewed. You can only hope he privately bollocks them after that debacle. 

as an aside, to the above. The number of chances that go amiss is just not acceptable. Ffs Enzo get a hold of it before the inevitable slide starts. 

• Like 1

Just now, Shamomoa said:

Yeah but Southampton might! They seem to be tearing teams apart at thr moment, let's hope it ends soon and we hit another run of form.. we just need some more luck in front of goal! I'm extremely annoyed but I'm not worried.

Southampton might, we would still go up.

As much as we should win the league from the position we are in, this year is solely about going back up. 

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

That's a huge over reaction. We dominated the first half and whilst they were arguably better 2nd half, they didn't create any decent chances. Their keeper pulled off several good saves and we had one cleared off the line. Another day and we win that 3/4-0. Our game management 2nd half was poor however and does seem to be a reoccurring issue. 

We don't create enough clear chances that you can put away, look at Southampton they are creating more chances than us currently are and scoring them. This nonsense at the back has cost us yet again, instead of pissing about at the back, ud be better going forward trying to score goals but we just kept going backwards, in the end we paid the price.

• Like 1

Just now, FoxesWalk said:

First time in a while I fear we may not go back up. Probably my kneejerk, but we do need central midfielders. I’d argue we needed one before Casadei left. 

Calm down, we are alot better than most in this league. Yes I'm passed off but still can't see us not going up!

1 minute ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

They took control 2nd half we offered nothing and tried clinging on ! It’s just not good enough 

Control is not true, their keeper made three important saves, and we had a shot cleared off the line… harsh to concede again towards the end with a deflection. Frustrating and we do need to see these games out 

• Like 1