Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

Leicester 1-1 Ipswich Post Match Thread

4 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

People going on about subs, who do we bring on? Coady, Doyle and Nelson no point. Wanya isn't going to affect anything. Praet don't wanna play.

We were doing fine UNTIL we made the subs.

Look thin in CM, hopefully another comes in on loan.

McAteer was blowing from about 65 minutes. Bring him off instead for Yunus, or if KDH needs to come off send on Albrighton out wide for his work rate or put Yunus out there and bring Praet on 

• Like 2

Subs in nearly the 80th odd minute? Ridiculous. Let ourselves get too tired without making any changes and Ipswich took control. It was so bloody obvious an equaliser was coming. Only so many times you can piss points away like that and expect to still win the league.

• Like 4

We just need to take our chances; Southampton ran out of steam v Swansea and they were all over them last 15, didn't matter as they were 3-1 up.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

We play as if we’re 4-0 up at 1-0. Just fvcking go and kill the game

Thats it we just dont go to kill games when we could easily we invite pressure start panicking makes strange subs to late something needs to change for when we are winning after 60 70 minutes 

Just love all the people watching streams at home slagging those in the actual crowd who made the effort to go to the game for leaving early 😂

Leaving 5m early can save you nearly an hour driving. I prefer staying until the final whistle but you can understand those who feel the need to beat the rush. 

Edited by An Away Move
  • Like 1

What we don’t do well is adapt in game to opposition changes. As soon as they started to break our press, we reverted to type and started to hit it long to clear. 

Compare that to earlier in the game where we’d pass it out, retain possession and recycle the ball. No point having Winks if the ball is going over his head. 

Saying that, we had enough chances across the game to win it. Likewise, so did Ipswich. 

We just didn’t play well in that 2nd half and were not clinical enough in the first to win it. 

We need to find some momentum again, as it doesn’t feel like we’ve got going since the turn of the year. 

We still have more than enough quality to get us out of this league. I don’t think we’ll maintain the pace we have done in the first half of the season though. 

10 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

Get the moans in about how we are doomed and no chance of going up

Its not that we have no chance - but we are a long long way from the arrogant triumphalism (HMS Pisstheleage etc) of a while ago. So yes, we could still go up. Personally I doubt we will, but let's see

• Haha 1

Enzo is just not learning and that is very worrying. He has shown me nothing to suggest he has the game management to turn up in big games. Poor second half again and it’s so annoying.

Obviously, i cant comment on this as everyone will jump on you for not loving every second.

another game I have been relatively unimpressed by Enzo. 

Edited by DezFox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

We just need to take our chances; Southampton ran out of steam v Swansea and they were all over them last 15, didn't matter as they were 3-1 up.

That’s the way I see it really.

We could easily have been out of sight. If you don’t take your chances there is always a chance you’ll get hurt 

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I think if you weren’t a fan of either side, you’d have watched that thinking we were comfortable. Because we were. 

But that’s football, if you don’t take your chances and it’s 1-0 these things can happen. 

Disagree. But each to their own. 

We all saw it coming as the 2nd half drew to a close. Some moments of real class and quality from our players, their keeper made some outstanding saves (as did ours), officials were shite, we lost momentum a little and so it goes. Deflating. 

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Not debating that, but he's reacted enough to actually make the save, so he's capable of just tipping it over

He will watch it back and be dissatisfied with how he’s dealt with it. Annoying but he’ll save us more points over the season.

The concern is how we stopped playing again in that 2nd half. 

• Like 3