Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Callum O’Hare - Signed for Sheffield Utd.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

team that just romped the Championship.

Did we - it all looked a bit edgy in April. We had an exceptional Championship squad but many are unproven at Premier League level. Losing quality players who underperformed in 22/23 will be hard to replace, not impossible. Anyone who thinks staying up will be easy must have their blue tinted glasses on. I'm not a defeatist, just a realist. I expect a difficult season and would be over the moon if 3 other teams finish below ourselves. But let's not kid ourselves that the current squad is going to be good enough unless there are some decent additions.

Edited by MGLCFC
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

Sorry, nothing personal but I think some fans are being way too downbeat.

Like I said in my original post, I'm not being downbeat, but realistic and I take on board your points. Burnley dominated the league the season before but were poor in the Prem, yet without the upheaval of changing manager and an unproven squad at this level. When we last won the Championship we got 100 points, kept the same manager, yet stayed up through a phenomenal run over the last 12 games, having sat at the bottom of the table for the most part of the season. There is a big gulf now between being a very good Championship side and a lower end Premier League side.

Having said all that, I think with some solid additions and a manager who appears to be a good motivator, we can avoid relegation, which must be our primary aim. I look forward to the coming season and hope we can compete at a level that means we can build for future successes.

Edited by MGLCFC
  • Like 1

Do we know if this is on? 

He's linked with Leeds, West Ham and Southampton as far as I can see. 

Born in Solihull so assume lives around these parts so may want to move to a much bigger club and not want to move too far from his current home? 

My brother works in the Midlands with someone who is good mates with O'Hare and he reckons this is pretty much done. Been in talks with Leicester for months apparently. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Adster said:

My brother works in the Midlands with someone who is good mates with O'Hare and he reckons this is pretty much done. Been in talks with Leicester for months apparently. 

Sky Blues Talk are saying the same on there; though a few saying it will be Leeds.  Wouldn’t mind him tbh

It’s not even a contest to choose between Leeds and Leicester. It’s the premier league ffs. I’m sure his agent is all over pushing for the Leicester move. It’s a no brainer!

8 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

It’s not even a contest to choose between Leeds and Leicester. It’s the premier league ffs. I’m sure his agent is all over pushing for the Leicester move. It’s a no brainer!

Not necessarily. He may think we're nailed on to get relegated. May not want a basement battle from day 1. 

15 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Is he even that good? He was on Coventrys bench for a lot of games last year so cant exactly be all that

Seen nothing that tells me he is good enough to be a starter in the PL, have a lot of Cov mates ( unfortunately) and they are not bothered he is going.

6 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Seen nothing that tells me he is good enough to be a starter in the PL, have a lot of Cov mates ( unfortunately) and they are not bothered he is going.

The Coventry fans I know were in full meltdown when he wouldn’t sign, then making out not fussed and again in full meltdown, now it looks like he will be signing for us. 

Have been in talks for months with his reps, but then we were with Hamer and that didn’t happen 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Is he even that good? He was on Coventrys bench for a lot of games last year so cant exactly be all that

Think that might have been a result of him not committing to them.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

The Coventry fans I know were in full meltdown when he wouldn’t sign, then making out not fussed and again in full meltdown, now it looks like he will be signing for us. 

Have been in talks for months with his reps, but then we were with Hamer and that didn’t happen 

But tbf we then lost out to a premier League side. 

In this situation, we're now the Prem side pushing for him 

Just now, UniFox21 said:

But tbf we then lost out to a premier League side. 

In this situation, we're now the Prem side pushing for him 

Exactly this. In the driving seat for this one. Fully expect it to be completed 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alanf0x said:

i’d rather us go back for hamer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian S said:

Yeah they all said that with Doyle too and then went all weepy when he signed with us

1 hour ago, Ian S said:

Lol, if there are genuine Cov fans saying that then they must be born of salty tears because he basically made them the team that they were last season. They would have been bottom half without him. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Looked good to me the few times I watched him play, quick, creative and good on the ball what’s not to like.

His crap celebration.