Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Callum O’Hare - Signed for Sheffield Utd.

21 hours ago, HybridFox said:

The Cov thing is irrelevant when we've had Maddison. If anything their meltdown would be worth it alone

Madders is Cov. Actual Cov. Born in Coventry, raised in Coventry, a Cov academy graduate. 

O'Hare is from Solihull and is a Villa academy product who was at Villa from the age of like 6 or some shit. He's very Villa. 

He's just played for Cov for a few years. 

• Like 3

Stats are misleading. He was injured for half the season. Apparently wanted £35k a week to renew his contract, Cov couldnt afford it. He is hit and miss, but when he is a hit, he is very good.

• Like 2

Is it just the Cov element that people don't like about him?

Watching clips, he's clearly a talented player. Pretty recently back from a year long injury so won't be 100% yet.

Only 26 - If he's stays injury free now and gets himself really fit with a good pre-season, I think he'd be a really good signing for someone.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

Is it just the Cov element that people don't like about him?

Watching clips, he's clearly a talented player. Pretty recently back from a year long injury so won't be 100% yet.

Only 26 - If he's stays injury free now and gets himself really fit with a good pre-season, I think he'd be a really good signing for someone.

He is very ragged.

Wouldn't surprise me if we've fell out with Johnny Morris after the Enzo debacle and we no longer put all our eggs in the Wasserman basket. Might explain why we didn't go for Corberan and we're swerving O'Hare on an easy pick up.

CAA Stellar full steam ahead then 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Wouldn't surprise me if we've fell out with Johnny Morris after the Enzo debacle and we no longer put all our eggs in the Wasserman basket. Might explain why we didn't go for Corberan and we're swerving O'Hare on an easy pick up.

CAA Stellar full steam ahead then 😂😂😂😂

I did have similar thoughts myself, also add in the will he, won’t he situation with Potter and it does make you wonder if the relationship has somewhat fractured.  Will be interesting to see what other deals materialise over the summer and if the majority are via one agency. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FLAN said:

Story on twitter he failed a medical with us 

Must be true of it's on twitter

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Snippet from the future article in the merc

"after initially failing a medical, O'Hare has signed a 5 yr contract worth £150k p/w and will get £14m signing on fee. Jon Rudkin, Leicester city DoF, said the deal was a great one for the club and we be a great investment. "

2 weeks later...

O'Hare is injured in pre season and is out for 18 months. 

Edited by fox_favourite

19 hours ago, FLAN said:

Story on twitter he failed a medical with us 

Hope this is true. He really isn't that good. He'd look world class for 2 games, spend the rest of the season talking about those 2 games and/or being injured. 

Also shows the club are at least learning a lesson about how many injury days we already have and don't need to add to them 

30 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Mate, it really wouldn't. We need to be aiming higher than O'Hare

He would be a great replacement for KDH especially on a free and with our financial position we're in would make perfect sense! To get a player as good as he is would cost £25m which we can afford to splash on 1 player! He a forward thinking player good on the ball and let's face it he ripped us apart last season!

• Haha 1

If we were in the Championship he’d be worthwhile. In the Premier League, not a chance. He’s way below the level we need.

17 goals in 162 games in the Championship, does not sound like the stats of someone who is going to set the league alight.