Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Callum O’Hare - Signed for Sheffield Utd.

What do you reckon he is on at the moment. Probably not more than 10k a week? He would only be running his contract down if he thought he could get a lot more. Danger is he tries to negotiate something north of 50k as there is no xfer fee. Sort of salary you can see the hammers or forest paying, but the sort of wages i think we should be staying clear of for someone his age who is also a bit of a plonker.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

His output has been decent in a mid-table team this season.

Still doesn't look particularly fit post-injury either - Used to be a lot leaner and more athletic looking than he is now.

There is potential there.

35 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

My father-in/law is a Cov fan and says O’Hare lacks the pace that is needed in the Prem. 

People are obsessed with pace.

I remember a lot of people saying the same thing about Bowen before he signed for West Ham.

Are people forgetting we've had the likes of Cambiasso, Andy King, Drinkwater,  Mendy, Tielemans - none of which were blessed with any pace.lol

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I think he'd start for us if Ndidi goes. He's better than you're saying there. 

His passing, close control and tenacity are perfect for our system. Great player for a high pressing system. Very good at breaking the lines with his passing and also winning it back high up the pitch. 

I can see the temptation with him being on a free transfer and we will possibly need to pick a few up to pad the squad out but he'd be a back up at best in the Prem.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

I remember a lot of people saying the same thing about Bowen before he signed for West Ham.

Are people forgetting we've had the likes of Cambiasso, Andy King, Drinkwater,  Mendy, Tielemans - none of which were blessed with any pace.lol

Good points. As long as we have pace elsewhere in the team I don't see the problem if O'Hare has other qualities. You mentioned Bowen. Going back a long way one of finest midfield players I have ever seen was Trevor Brooking of West Ham and he lacked pace.  Andy King reminded me of Brooking in his running style. Never quick but scored some vital goals

54 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I can see the temptation with him being on a free transfer and we will possibly need to pick a few up to pad the squad out but he'd be a back up at best in the Prem.

He's no Tete is he @Ric Flair :whistle:

I think he's a low-level risk worth taking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

My father-in/law is a Cov fan and says O’Hare lacks the pace that is needed in the Prem. 

Our MO this summer, presuming we take the money thing seriously, will probably be quite a few players who we think will be good in the championship with the potential to step up. 

• Like 3

Guest ChrisWalken456

I think we can do better than O'Hare, I would be a bit underwhelmed if we signed him.

Guest ChrisWalken456
11 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

But can we do better than him for free? I'm not sure. 

Ok good point. I didn't realise he was on a free, i need to pay more attention lol

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Correct, I don't see him ever scoring at The Bernabau. 

Champion League Semi-final 2026 when Enzo need to rest some of the first 11...... 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Champion League Semi-final 2026 when Enzo need to rest some of the first 11...... 

I nearly pictured the future until you said about Enzo “resting some of the first 11” 😜

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

I can’t say that I’m that excited about O’Hare but if on a modest wage, there are worse squad signings.

I can’t shake that he was kept out of Coventry’s starting 11 for Kasey Palmer.

People will say the same about Iheanacho who is definitely a Premier League level player. Sometimes when you're pushing for something important you don't need players out of contract who have their eyes elsewhere.

I'm sure both Iheanacho and O'Hare will perform better for their new clubs than they have for their current ones.

4 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

Odegaard is probably the best number 10 in world football at the moment and i'd bet Vestergaard to beat him in a 100m sprint.

The only pro I have for signing him is it'll piss Cov fans off, if that's all I can say, it's not a great point.

Not got the type of attitude we'll need imo.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Odegaard is probably the best number 10 in world football at the moment and i'd bet Vestergaard to beat him in a 100m sprint.

There’s 3 or 4 10’s at Man City alone better than him. 

6 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Sign him... hes too good for cov. I reckon hes got potential in the top flight. Wasted in the championship 

Might be too good for Cov BUT he isn't good enough for where we play in August onwards AND if we set the bar that low we'll struggle.

Lacks a yard of gas too, offer him £20/25k at best and offer him some bonus IF we stay up and and increase to £35k or something season 2.

• Like 1

I’d 100% target O’Hare. He’s a lower end PL player and if we do get a hefty points deduction, it’s likely we are relegated. Players like O’Hare would stay and help get us back up. 

we need to be planning for the next few years and the high probability of relegation. 

• Like 1