Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Callum O’Hare - Signed for Sheffield Utd.

13 minutes ago, Sly said:

It’s going to be an interesting rebuild, as only then club know what they can / can’t spend. 

I think a lot will depend on the penalty for the PSR breach. A light one will probably have them saying '**** it' and flashing serious cash on picking up where we left off. A heavier breach will lead to bargain hunting and trying to either scrape survival or building a team on modest wages that can bounce straight back again without having to worry about future deductions or penalties.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sly said:

He isn’t a bad player in reality. 

For a free transfer and if we paid him £60k a week on a 3 year contract. That’s around £9.3m. 

Plus a signing on fee, what we have to ensure is that we include relegation reduction wage clauses, so at least if we do get relegated it is much easier to be compliant with any financial rules. Personally if we do sign O’Hare I don’t think we should be offering anything more than £40k per week and then make sure his contract is heavily performance incentivised. I think that has to be our strategy over the next few years 

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Plus a signing on fee, what we have to ensure is that we include relegation reduction wage clauses, so at least if we do get relegated it is much easier to be compliant with any financial rules. Personally if we do sign O’Hare I don’t think we should be offering anything more than £40k per week and then make sure his contract is heavily performance incentivised. I think that has to be our strategy over the next few years 

100%... Don't like the fella personally but can see him doing a job for us. I think there might me more sturdy premiere league ships that might be in for him in the off season however so i doubt we'll be in the running ...

What people seem to be missing about free transfers is that, most of the time, the players are running down their contract so their agent is able to negotiate a higher wage for them at their new club.

We've been riddled with players that are on wages higher than their relative ability, that we can't shift when they flop.

I hope we don't replace them like for like, after just clearing half of them off the books.

Wouldn’t mind this as a free signing. The No.8/10 role needs 2 more additions on top of extending Wilf and potentially replacing KDH. Means 3 central attacking midfielders would be needed if KDH leaves. 

O’Hare as a rotational player will do a job, also feel we lack players that are more natural in the attacking midfield role.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Have we got this wrapped up yet? 

It's 1st of July so he's no longer contracted to them so doesn't mean he's decided where he is going other then not resigning for Cov.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

He's going Leeds 

Slightly concerned that they seem to be doing well in the transfer market 

Why? They won't be in the same league as us for the next 2 seasons, we'll be swapping places next summer lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

He's going Leeds 

You may have missed it, but they’re not in the same division as us. Who cares who they sign!

12 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Why? They won't be in the same league as us for the next 2 seasons, we'll be swapping places next summer lol

I thought we all hate Leeds scum and next year there's every chance we'll be in the same league 

17 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

He's going Leeds 

Not bothered if we miss out, tbh

• Like 2