Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Callum O’Hare - Signed for Sheffield Utd.

Posted (edited)

The few cov games i watched he looked good, against us was motm, on  a free id defo give him a chance?  we need midfielders and have no money! 

Edited by jamfox
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, jamfox said:

The few games Cov i watched he looked good, against us was motm, on  a free id defo give him a chance?  we need midfielders and have no money! 

There are still signing on fees and a salary to consider. Free doesn’t mean it costs you nothing. If he wants over 100k a week would you say that was good value?

6 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Depends on what salary he is looking for. The historical leicester thing to do would be to get him on a free and pay him a stupid amount like we did for Bertrand. 

If its decent value then im up for it, but this lad is a huge unknown at PL level and lots seem to big him up as some sort of superstar in waiting.

Like I said decent player, can’t see him wanting silly money but prem footy will probably be his priority. 

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

There are still signing on fees and a salary to consider. Free doesn’t mean it costs you nothing. If he wants over 100k a week would you say that was good value?

No , your right it depends on these things, but its a good start and a way to spread the cost.  with one decent season at cov no way he is getting 100k a week 

I’ve seen a lot of their fans question his ability tbf. People claiming he only performs when on sky… which is probably why so many of our fans expect him to be great.

Sounds like he isn’t that consistent and thats in the championship.  I don’t think he’d be a bad signing but it’s not likely one that would keep us in the league.  I’m on the fence on this one 

Well what's his realistic market value and expectant wage? If he wants a crack at the premier league we don't have to offer him a big wage and if we're not keen on him in a years time sell him to a champ club for £5mill or something. Pull an Atletico!

24 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Well what's his realistic market value and expectant wage? If he wants a crack at the premier league we don't have to offer him a big wage and if we're not keen on him in a years time sell him to a champ club for £5mill or something. Pull an Atletico!

If he's signed on a big wage no championship team could afford to touch him ..

Big wages is what caused half the problems in the first place 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JimJams said:

The fact he's run down his contract tells me that he will be looking to get a nice bump on his wage. I don't think he will be looking for 40k a week.

He will get what a club is willing to pay, so if he gets a nibble from a West Ham for example then he could be in with a chance for a decent salary. 

I was really just trying to counterpoint the 'he is free, so its a no brainer'.  Only pay the salary we think he is worth, as he really isn't anything special.

Posted (edited)

He is a very good player and has a touch of shithousery about him, he probably didn’t endear himself to us after bagging that brace and proper giving it the big one, too be fair to him, if any of us scored 2 goals to win a derby match then we would be doing the exact same. 

Take away the fact he looks like he would be on the smelly list and comes across as a bit of a helmet, he is a bloody good footballer who creates and scores goals, would be a very sound addition on a free and given that in the event we get relegated he is already proven at Championship level. 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, jamfox said:

The few cov games i watched he looked good, against us was motm, on  a free id defo give him a chance?  we need midfielders and have no money! 

Again, we HAVE, got money we just need to be careful what we spend/lose. If we had NO money, we would fold. 

Reasons not to are wages and if his eyes are elsewhere I suppose, otherwise another option where we are so light is a good choice, especially if they are a battling type.

I think on a free, he certainly a good Championship player, maybe something to prove too. A good squad player if a good deal can be done. I think Rudkin is asleep though, so we probably won't do any business until it's too late. 

Posted (edited)

The transfer links so far make it look like we're building a Championship team for the 2025/26 season and writing the coming season off. Spending as little as possible and banking the dirty PL cash to try to reset the club financially. I'm not sure we have why choice tbh.

Edited by Sunbury Fox