Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Callum O’Hare - Signed for Sheffield Utd.

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Again, we HAVE, got money we just need to be careful what we spend/lose. If we had NO money, we would fold. 

We would fold with no money? Yes we would but that is kind of stating the obvious. I was being flippant not literal 

In the same way I might say I'm starving and I'm actually a little bit peckish because I'm half hour late for lunch and fancy a sandwich

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Take away the fact he looks like he would be on the smelly list …. 

27 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Errrr… what? 

And who else is on this list for comparison?

Harry Stinks ?

Claude Poo-el ? 

:ph34r:

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Surely this is a no brainer for us to go for. Wouldn't be on silly money by our standards either. 

Surely it being a 'no brainer' is based around the type of deal he is looking for?

17 hours ago, jamfox said:

No , your right it depends on these things, but its a good start and a way to spread the cost.  with one decent season at cov no way he is getting 100k a week 

Hmmmm seems someone's forgotten the famous  Jon Rudkin.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

On a freebie? No brainer at this point. 

Trouble is there are more and more clubs after a ''freebie'' given how PSR is playing out, him and his agent will know this and suspect he will get a better deal than he anticipated. 

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

A midfielder with 9 goal contributions in 31 games for an average side is OK, but don't forgot the gulf in class between the divisions. He'd get 4 or 5 contributions next season if he signed for us. 

Ah but don't forget he'll be playing for a better team than the one he provided 9 contributions to. So if you do the maths:- level above divided by step up in team multiplied by his previous ratio equals..... 73 goal contributions by Christmas.

• Haha 1

A freebie that could offer squad depth in a couple of positions who we could probably sell in a year for a bit of profit (if we stay up)

As long wages aren't ridiculous I'd say it's worth a go. Assuming there are better signings to come. 

• Like 1

Is there any substance in the rumour that we are actually in for him?

I know Leeds are sniffing around.

Has great ability no doubt but bit injury prone.

Would certainly strengthen our starting XI fully fit, thats for sure but not really convinced were actually in for him

34 minutes ago, stevostadium said:

Is there any substance in the rumour that we are actually in for him?

I know Leeds are sniffing around.

Has great ability no doubt but bit injury prone.

Would certainly strengthen our starting XI fully fit, thats for sure but not really convinced were actually in for him

Would he really strengthen our starting 11 ?

Personally would rather we saved the wages for better out of contract options or for new signings !

9 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

The transfer links so far make it look like we're building a Championship team for the 2025/26 season and writing the coming season off. Spending as little as possible and banking the dirty PL cash to try to reset the club financially. I'm not sure we have why choice tbh.

It was a shock when we got relegated, and we have more than enough to comfortably stay up this season.

(If the point deduction isn't too much lol)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Since we got relegated we've lost Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes, Castagne, Evans, KDH, etc. Our currently contacted midfield options are Winks, Soumaré and Hamza, plus a few kids. And our only PL proven striker will soon be 38. I would say we are way off having enough.

More players are needed (and they'll come), but this defeatist attitude is so excessive to a team that just romped the Championship.

Winks is a Prem level player and Soumare was a regular in La Liga and the Champions League last season. We'll likely bring in another couple of CMs. Hamza isn't great but useful to do a job as a squad player.

Not CMs but I'm also confident players like Mavididi, Hermansen and Fatawu could be really good in the Prem. I genuinely think we'll be much more competitive than some fans think.

Edited by LeePhilpottsBaldSpot